NBA Draft Vol Watch

Yes, my fellow Fulton alum, Widby punted for Dallas. Whether or not Widby was drafted by Dallas, I have no idea

I can't remember if I'd read that he lettered in 3 sports (BB, FB, Golf) or 4 (baseball), but it wouldn't surprise me if he was picked in the NFL, NBA (and/or ABA), and MLB drafts.

I can't remember if I'd read that he lettered in 3 sports (BB, FB, Golf) or 4 (baseball), but it wouldn't surprise me if he was picked in the NFL, NBA (and/or ABA), and MLB drafts.
Basketball, football and golf, for sure. Don't think he did in baseball, but not positive. His brother or cousin used to own a business on 4th Ave. near Lamar Street, Widby's Printing (I think?) that I used to deliver and pick-up to all the time when I drove the delivery truck for another print shop. Nice guy

Reactions: feathersax
In the late 90's, would anyone have ever believed that we would ever have a year where 3 basketball players and zero football players were drafted? Crazy.
Or a year where the Men's basketball team would be ranked number 1 in the nation while The Lady Vols were unranked at the same time.

What's the deal with trade situation? Any player who was traded last night can't play in the NBA summer league?

Sounds like Bone won’t be able to play summer league which would be a real ****** situation for him trying to earn a roster spot

Sounds like Bone won’t be able to play summer league which would be a real ****** situation for him trying to earn a roster spot
Really? I know SGA and Trae Young played in summer league last year, they were both a part of trade day deals.

Ultimately I think it just comes down to when you're allowed to complete trades/signings.

Rookies can be signed on 7/1, but trades can't be completed until 7/6, and Summer League in Vegas is the 5th-15th.

I'm thinking the Bone trade/signing could be completed on the 6th and he could jump into Summer League at that point, but I'm not sure if there is a deadline on submitting rosters. Maybe the dates were different last year.

Ok, that was incorrect. Bone's (2?) trades haven't been made official. Hunter, Culver, Hayes, and Cam Johnson are the ones who will miss practices and the early games

VN Store

Back