National media attacking Vols for post game chomp

wmcovol

Andy Katz & Seth Davis both criticized the post game actions by Vol players. Of course, neither were there or knew what was being said to the players, or saw the way the game was “called” (very pro-Florida).

Players have to respect the fact that fans don’t heckle teams that are 3-12. They heckle good teams and good players. That said, if Florida had won and UF players had done the chomp, it would have been a celebration, not classless. I don’t understand why one team is classless and another is celebration. If Florida can’t deal with the chomp when they lose, don’t do it when they win.

Andy Katz is ok, but Seth Davis is a clown. I seem to remember him calling UT's win on Gonzaga a fluke. My guess is he's bitter because UT is much better than he thought. We could probably go back to his preseason analysis and find he was one of a few that discounted the Vols.

Last edited:
It’s a fair criticism

I don’t agree with them, but I find the criticism fair all the same.

I think most of us are rational enough to understand we’d be irate if they beat us on our home floor and were gator chomping our student section . But we will justify it for Grant and Admiral.

Admiral says their student section made unsavory comments. I believe him. Some think he should have taken the high road. Some think he should rub the win in their face. Fair both ways

Last edited:
There would be no media controversy if UF players Gator chomped the UT student section if they beat us at home.

People are acting like the Gator chomp is some sacred ritual. Give me a break. It's a unique taunt, I'll give them that, but if you're gonna use it against your opponents, you've gotta be prepared to have it thrown in your face when you lose.

Who cares what the national media says or does.Most of them are complete moronic idiots. Florida fans are the lowest class of fans I have ever encountered at any sporting event I've ever been too. They need to be thankful it was only chomps that hurt their feelings and not the players beating their heads in. You can not say the stuff that they were to our players and not expect to get it back. I hope we beat them by 25 in Knoxville and TB is chomping all game long.

I have no reverence for that taunt, no reason anyone should. National sports media will take whatever chance they can to take a dig at UT. Yes I’d be mad if Gator players taunted our student section (though I wouldn’t have called them “inhuman” names), but I wouldn’t say they weren’t within their rights to do it, that’s sports

I’m glad we play with a chip on our shoulder. It’s our first team in eons that we have a CHANCE to do something special. Our leaders aren’t afraid to go into a hostile environment and flex on them. Don’t be surprised with the end game reaction after the gator student section yelled profane things all game. Media has always loved to hate us.

VN Store

Back