National media attacking Vols for post game chomp

figured Grant would catch a few bucket mouths with it...I imagine Coach B probably mentioned it to him also...I'm so proud of Grant and the rest of the team...great win...talking heads stir crap up...that's just what they do and we don't care...:D

GO VOLS...RECRUIT LIKE HECK!

Reactions: aWhiteLoftonChism
That would be a great topic. I think our team is the #1 team in the nation after this week for sure. Great games. Go Vols !!

Reactions: volfanatic86
There would be no media controversy if UF players Gator chomped the UT student section if they beat us at home.

People are acting like the Gator chomp is some sacred ritual. Give me a break. It's a unique taunt, I'll give them that, but if you're gonna use it against your opponents, you've gotta be prepared to have it thrown in your face when you lose.

This.

The talking heads are just looking for the next storyline to earn them views and clicks.

Who cares?

Reactions: savannahfan
TOUGH SHAT!!! Did they "cry about air ball, air ball" and other crap doled out by the angelic Fla. fans? Bye the way, I didn't see it but I bet Fla. fans were "chompin" the whole game when their team did something good. Snowflake press!!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Alto1 and tn4elvis
Andy Katz & Seth Davis both criticized the post game actions by Vol players. Of course, neither were there or knew what was being said to the players, or saw the way the game was “called” (very pro-Florida).

Players have to respect the fact that fans don’t heckle teams that are 3-12. They heckle good teams and good players. That said, if Florida had won and UF players had done the chomp, it would have been a celebration, not classless. I don’t understand why one team is classless and another is celebration. If Florida can’t deal with the chomp when they lose, don’t do it when they win.
I expect Fla fans dealt with our chomps with true sportsmanship, and gave us a wave, laugh and applause.

It’s a fair criticism

I don’t agree with them, but I find the criticism fair all the same.

I think most of us are rational enough to understand we’d be irate if they beat us on our home floor and were gator chomping our student section . But we will justify it for Grant and Admiral.

Admiral says their student section made unsavory comments. I believe him. Some think he should have taken the hire road. Some think he should rub the win in their face. Fair both ways

Not me..... I love it and I love it when other teams do it to us.... if you don’t like it then beat them..... we have become way too fragile of a society.

I got chomped a couple of years ago down there. They chomp when they win at Neyland. It's sports. We chomp back when we beat them at their place. Softies. I don't care if they mock us when they win. Our boys dealt with a harsh environment and dished up a little bit of what they had to eat for the evening. It's good to see how stupid you actually while doing the chomp...

Reactions: aWhiteLoftonChism
Not me..... I love it and I love it when other teams do it to us.... if you don’t like it then beat them..... we have become way too fragile of a society.
Amen.Its amazing what a bunch of safe space cry babies our media is.

It’s a fair criticism

I think most of us are rational enough to understand we’d be irate if they beat us on our home floor and were gator chomping our student section . But we will justify it for Grant and Admiral.

Admiral says their student section made unsavory comments. I believe him. Some think he should have taken the hire road. Some think he should rub the win in their face. Fair both ways

I would say they should have taken the high road. But I wasn't the one being harassed by supposed 'adults' either. If those fans were actually saying some "inhumane" things, as Admiral claimed, then my thought is they might actually have deserved to have their azzes whipped, so the gator chomp was actually rather harmless.

But the media also vilified Gaulden for shooting the double bird at Bama fans, led by Herbie (who said RG should be kicked off the team), who then promptly defended Baker Mayfield's antics and as called out on it by Gaulden and had to apologize. And I never saw any in the media 'disappointed' at the Gator players who stood in front of the UT cheering section shooting the bird at UT fans. Granted, the UT fans may have instigated that, but the same is true of last night; Gator fans harassed the UT bench the entire game, and there is no reason to doubt Admiral when he said the fans were saying some nasty things, and the UT players reacted. I'm just glad they didn't allow the fan harassment to cause them to lose focus on the game.

I would say they should have taken the high road. But I wasn't the one being harassed by supposed 'adults' either. If those fans were actually saying some "inhumane" things, as Admiral claimed, then my thought is they might actually have deserved to have their azzes whipped, so the gator chomp was actually rather harmless.

But the media also vilified Gaulden for shooting the double bird at Bama fans, led by Herbie (who said RG should be kicked off the team), who then promptly defended Baker Mayfield's antics and as called out on it by Gaulden and had to apologize. And I never saw any in the media 'disappointed' at the Gator players who stood in front of the UT cheering section shooting the bird at UT fans. Granted, the UT fans may have instigated that, but the same is true of last night; Gator fans harassed the UT bench the entire game, and there is no reason to doubt Admiral when he said the fans were saying some nasty things, and the UT players reacted. I'm just glad they didn't allow the fan harassment to cause them to lose focus on the game.
I actually would have liked for AS and GW to jerk a couple of Gator fans out of the crowd. Then beat the ever loving hell out of them on national tv. 😁

Last edited:
Andy Katz & Seth Davis both criticized the post game actions by Vol players. Of course, neither were there or knew what was being said to the players, or saw the way the game was “called” (very pro-Florida).

Players have to respect the fact that fans don’t heckle teams that are 3-12. They heckle good teams and good players. That said, if Florida had won and UF players had done the chomp, it would have been a celebration, not classless. I don’t understand why one team is classless and another is celebration. If Florida can’t deal with the chomp when they lose, don’t do it when they win.

Who & Who?

Never heard of them. Besides, their opinion don’t mean ****. Just a couple of talking heads.......

I can sort of buy a bit of criticism but at the same time, opposing teams doing a mock chomp after beating UF has been happening since the 90s.

Any team that has a known chant or cheer has it mocked after losing.

freedom of expression is the right of every individual to hold opinions without interference and to seek, receive and impart information and ideas through any means and regardless of frontiers

or something like that

Reactions: tn4elvis
It’s a fair criticism

Yeah we might be irate but the media would be showing it and justifying it like its all good . Its a double standard if a chomp is bad its bad no matter who does it.
That said everybody needs to lighten up its just a game and college kids having fun.

freedom of expression is the right of every individual to hold opinions without interference and to seek, receive and impart information and ideas through any means and regardless of frontiers

or something like that

Well I didn't see him being arrested, so seems like his freedom of expression is still in tact.

Reactions: omghulkhands
Katz exact tweeet was “This is a potential title team
but there is no need for this. Just walk off with a road win. That alone sends a loud message.” He followed that later with “I know some @Vol_Hoops fans are fired up with a little critique but there have been zero flaws on this crew. Vols have two national player of the year candidates (Schofield and Williams) and arguably one of the top five choices for national coach of the year (Barnes).”

Davis simply tweeted the clip and said “Beware of karma”.

I’m not sure either falls in the category of “attacking
”.

So it's okay if Gator fans cuss out our players, but it's not okay for our football fans do it in 2014 (remember the media fake outrage back then)? It's okay for Florida players to flip off Tennessee fans, but it's not okay for Grant Williams to do the Gator chomp after the game? Why is the media constantly babying Florida?

I think we should release the grim reaper,hounds of hell on the national media.They are better known as the Vol twitter army.Go ahead fellas unleash the Kraken. 😁

VN Store

Back