National Average Price of Gasoline Hits an All-Time High

Our government do something that made sense?
Edit:
I found this article from Forbes magazine where Trump directed the DOE to fill the reserve during that time, but apparently they didn't do it.

No, Former President Trump Did Not Fill The Strategic Petroleum Reserve

One thing President Trump did propose was to top off the SPR when the Covid-19 pandemic was crushing oil demand. In March 2020 President Trump directed the Department of Energy to “fill the Strategic Petroleum Reserve (SPR) to its maximum capacity by purchasing 77 million barrels of American-made crude oil.”

Another instance where the Dems screwed the taxpayers in an effort to stick it to Trump.

Oil purchase to fill strategic reserve dropped from stimulus - Roll Call

The Trump administration's plan to top off the Strategic Petroleum Reserve ran into a blockade Wednesday after lawmakers excluded $3 billion in funding for oil purchases from the massive stimulus package before Congress.

Senate Democrats took credit for stripping out that money from the Senate bill, unveiled Wednesday, calling it a “bailout” for the oil industry.

Didn't say it did. But that will probably be enough production to see lower prices fairly soon. I think there's signs that demand destruction could arrive this year.

OILPRICE.com is interesting. They show what's happening with crude, NG, and gasoline. Gasoline has been dropping daily for several days, so I think you are right about the price at the pump going down. I'm waiting to fill my tank right now.

gasoline-2022-06-17.png

Crude Oil Prices Today | OilPrice.com

Reactions: Orangeburst
This is happening at my company. Now management wants everyone in an office despite most roles getting along just fine remote.

When the turndown comes, I feel confident the remote people will be the first to get the axe.

A lot of management positions are unnecessary. Of course, managers want people back in the office so they can reorganize and do all the other unnecessary organizational/oversight BS to appear necessary.

I have a young neighbor, probably late 20s, that works from home every day but one. I see him spending time outside in his garage playing with his BMW and Jeep more often than not.

Makes you wonder how much he did in the office, and if his position was ever necessary or was it was related to empire building further up the ladder.

Makes you wonder how much he did in the office, and if his position was ever necessary or was it was related to empire building further up the ladder.
He's kind of aloof and won't really talk much, but he did tell me right after he moved in that he worked for a mortgage company and his wife is a school teacher. I'm thinking he'll be looking for a new job before long, when the housing market completely tanks.

Reactions: AM64
OILPRICE.com is interesting. They show what's happening with crude, NG, and gasoline. Gasoline has been dropping daily for several days, so I think you are right about the price at the pump going down. I'm waiting to fill my tank right now.

View attachment 464918

Crude Oil Prices Today | OilPrice.com

I didn't realize the rig count dropped so significantly from 2018 to early 2020. They shut down almost 300 sites before Covid was even a factor.

At the pace we're on, were probably about two months away from being back to the same number of producing rigs we had right before Covid broke loose.

I didn't realize the rig count dropped so significantly from 2018 to early 2020. They shut down almost 300 sites before Covid was even a factor.

At the pace we're on, were probably about two months away from being back to the same number of producing rigs we had right before Covid broke loose.

There's some interesting info on that site. I still think our domestic oil industry loves OPEC as long as OPEC is keeping prices high because the domestic oil producers can just piggyback on the OPEC prices as a global commodity. Seems like OPEC has protectors ranging from the green people to our domestic producers - not sure how the world could rid itself of a parasitic cartel anyway though.

There are no digits for gas prices greater than $9.99 per gallon on most signs and pumps. It could happen in LA soon. The same thing happened in the mid 70's on the old mechanical digit pumps. You had to remember to double the price as they weren't designed to go over $1.00 per gallon.

FVfGMP7UsAAi2K3

A lot of management positions are unnecessary. Of course, managers want people back in the office so they can reorganize and do all the other unnecessary organizational/oversight BS to appear necessary.

That way at our company..Our inside team would be more efficient working from home and save 2 hours of driving daily in Atlanta. Happier and more productive employees. But no...our little company has a CEO, and a few VP's. I was talking about that today...why use Executive titles for our little 25 employee $16M company. For the peeps, ego and perception.

Last edited:
There are no digits for gas prices greater than $9.99 per gallon on most signs and pumps. It could happen in LA soon. The same thing happened in the mid 70's on the old mechanical digit pumps. You had to remember to double the price as they weren't designed to go over $1.00 per gallon.

FVfGMP7UsAAi2K3

Be proactive and throw 2 digits on her.

Democrats:
Fcuk domestic Oil & Gas companies and their workers.
We’re trying kill off Oil here.
Yes. Anyway you frame it sparks market negativity. The perception and tone casts uncertainty in the speculative market which leads to higher gas prices. Biden and company's message was too extreme. We're actually producing more oil domestically than we have in a few years. The effects of that increased production have a lagging influence, much like poor monetary policy as to inflation

Having to deal with other employees working from home is annoying. Maybe some people can get along fine, but I see several instances where there's failure. I don't know what they're doing but it involves a lot of slacking.

One of my co-workers called another department yesterday because there was an issue that popped up that required their support. My co-worker got griped at by the girl that answered her cell phone because "she was out on a walk" and didn't want to deal with it. It was a this needs to be fixed soon issue, not a when you get a chance issue.

Earlier today I sent an email for help for something I cannot fix, and the guy's reply is asking me to do his research for him. Then he says I just need to talk to his manager because he can't do anything. He can't do anything because he's working from home and all the documents he needs for research are at work.

People such as you describe should be fired. Also, it’s not remote work if you don’t have the ability to access your work remotely.

Reactions: StarRaider and AM64
What company is letting anyone work from home due to Covid, still?

Can’t stand these people.

My company closed my office for 1.5 years so I left. And I don’t plan on going back. My role is global anyway and my team is spread out all over the world. My boss is not even on the same continent as me.

There are many things I miss about the office, but I have found no difference in what I am able to get done remote versus in the office. I especially like not having to play the office politics.

My company closed my office for 1.5 years so I left. And I don’t plan on going back. My role is global anyway and my team is spread out all over the world. My boss is not even on the same continent as me.

There are many things I miss about the office, but I have found no difference in what I am able to get done remote versus in the office. I especially like not having to play the office politics.

I can do 80% of my job remotely. That said, I am demanding people come to work unless they can demonstrate why it is better for the company that they don’t.

I can do 80% of my job remotely. That said, I am demanding people come to work unless they can demonstrate why it is better for the company that they don’t.

Some people are old school that way. It doesn’t make me feel better to see my people sitting at their desks or in their offices. They know I’m only concerned with the product they deliver.

If I’ve got somebody that wants to be remote but can’t be trusted to get things done from their home office, bringing them into a central office to micro manage them is not going to fix the underlying issue.

Some people are old school that way. It doesn’t make me feel better to see my people sitting at their desks or in their offices. They know I’m only concerned with the product they deliver.

If I’ve got somebody that wants to be remote but can’t be trusted to get things done from their home office, bringing them into a central office to micro manage them is not going to fix the underlying issue.

What is an actual job you can do from home other than being a telemarketer or some sort of customer service rep?

All depends on the job..Inside sales or such cannot slack as they have incoming tasks and there must be outgoing accountable tasks. Heck, I get an email..well 3-4 actually, automatically generated for quotes, order entry, auto copy to customer, etc...Really too many.

In a manufacturing setting, I’m firmly believe there are benefits gained from random conversations exchanged between people from different departments. Stuff that never happens if everyone is at home. It isn’t even a trust issue. It is the exchange of ideas via in person communications.

In a manufacturing setting, I’m firmly believe there are benefits gained from random conversations exchanged between people from different departments. Stuff that never happens if everyone is at home. It isn’t even a trust issue. It is the exchange of ideas via in person communications.

I don’t disagree with that. In my case, however, our operations are global, and my office wasn’t attached to any of them. I traveled a lot before to see team and operations. Now I suppose I spend a little more to travel once a quarter to our Corp hq. I can pay for all that by cutting out one business class ticket to Europe.

Reactions: AM64 and allvol123

VN Store

Back