National Average Price of Gasoline Hits an All-Time High

Was the shooting the thing that caused the blood loss ? Then yes you died from your wounds directly related to being shot . Did the health care systems put Covid as a cause of death to get relief funding from the government ? If during the pandemic I died in a hospital from a stroke , but tested positive for Covid while I was in the ICU , would I have been counted toward a Covid death ? 🤔
I'm not sure how many times this has to be pointed out to people.

I've said it before and I'll say it again for reference. The first outbreak where I lived at the start of the pandemic was conveniently in the worst wing of a local hospice facility. They had a dozen deaths there, all of people that were gone within days of the outbreak anyway and all that were tested post-mortem. How convenient for that facility that then received free government PPE, extra staffing support, money to help cover extra shifts, etc.?

Reactions: InVOLuntary
I'm not sure how many times this has to be pointed out to people.

I've said it before and I'll say it again for reference. The first outbreak where I lived at the start of the pandemic was conveniently in the worst wing of a local hospice facility. They had a dozen deaths there, all of people that were gone within days of the outbreak anyway and all that were tested post-mortem. How convenient for that facility that then received free government PPE, extra staffing support, money to help cover extra shifts, etc.?

I like to point it out every time there’s a post about somebody questions those “stats “ because you know we have to right wing tinfoil hat wearers to questions the all righteous, federally funded , CDC . It’s also fun to watch them clam up after you start asking the tough questions . 😂

Reactions: InVOLuntary
I dont think it points to EVs not being the answer. After reading the article, it seems the problem is likely just temporary setbacks. EVs are the future, imo.
I think EVs have a future but aren't THE future. They are simply too limited and impractical right now. It will take a long time for infrastructure to catch up and for the limitations to be improved.

I think EVs have a future but aren't THE future. They are simply too limited and impractical right now. It will take a long time for infrastructure to catch up and for the limitations to be improved.

There is a place for EVs and they make sense for a lot of people but are not practical for most commercial uses.

Reactions: AM64 and 0nelilreb
Not MY future. Maybe yours. You also have to pay for all the support **** that goes along with them.

Listened to Paul Bastardi today..very interesting guy and funny as well.
I think 95% of this board would agree with his pragmatism on having "choices" and letting the market and tech develop. There is room for solar, wind, EV as well as fossil. No need to arbitrarily shut down fossil fuels as it limits choice, freedom and innovation.

CC is the biggest hoax ever to be perpetrated onto the world. He said follow their actions and not their words. Banks are investing in locations that were predicted to be under water in the year 2020.

When I die and get resurrected, I'm going to invent a water to hydrogen and oxygen converter. Pull up to a faucet and fill up with water, drive 500 miles on 10 gallons of pure clean H2O.

Reactions: AM64
When I die and get resurrected, I'm going to invent a water to hydrogen and oxygen converter. Pull up to a faucet and fill up with water, drive 500 miles on 10 gallons of pure clean H2O.

I think you mean reincarnated...lol. Otherwise you will still be old Volstrom.

Reactions: AM64 and VolStrom
I’ve already patented my process for efficient electrolysis

The most important part of the article is this:

The challenge is that wind and solar farms—which are among the cheapest forms of power generation—don’t produce electricity at all times and need large batteries to store their output for later use. While a large amount of battery storage is under development, regional grid operators have lately warned that the pace may not be fast enough to offset the closures of traditional power plants that can work around the clock.

Solar and wind generating capacity is very incompatible with an electric power grid charged with distributing power 24/7. The sooner we recognize this the better. Big batteries aren't the answer. We build power plants to generate reliable steady power; nuclear plants don't load follow, and power from fossil plants (including NG) become extremely expensive when they sit idling while "free" solar and wind generation does its thing. Basically you can have reliable power at a reasonable cost, but you can't mix "free" power from the sun and not expect power rates to eventually rise. There is no free lunch.

And what will you be reincarnated as after you are brutally murdered for coming up with that idea?

Just drove to 3 different gas stations in Memphis (midtown).
All 3 different gas stations were out of gas.

Talked to the owner of our corner store close to home that I have stopped at for years , he is about to sign a contract with a chain because he can’t stay independent any longer . He told me the distribution problems had gotten so bad that he doent have a choice any longer , that they can guarantee certain deliveries (for now ) . He’s out of premium , mid and diesel I didn’t ask how much regular he had left .

Reactions: Orangeburst
Talked to the owner of our corner store close to home that I have stopped at for years , he is about to sign a contract with a chain because he can’t stay independent any longer . He told me the distribution problems had gotten so bad that he doent have a choice any longer , that they can guarantee certain deliveries (for now ) . He’s out of premium , mid and diesel I didn’t ask how much regular he had left .
Brutal

Spoke with a driver for XPO Express? today when I was at a community waste water plant. He said they get diesel for $4+ gallon based on contract and how they as an "$18B company " get such a great rate, while saying their depot fuel was empty and they were issues "fuel cards" to procure wherever.

That sound accurate? I told him the contract is probably going to have to be renewed at some point. If accurate, even "big dogs" have the boogie man inflation that we have not even seen yet.

VN Store

Back