My goodness, I really love VN.com...

VFL-82-JP

Bleedin' Orange...

"Put this game behind us..."
"3rd down play calling horrendous"
"Plenty of blame to go around"
"The football gods hate us"

Heh. Only here, it seems, can we self-flagellate so obsessively after a win. JG sucked, Jeremy Banks is out of control, Pruitt's psychological profile says he thinks this is the best we can do, at this rate we won't win another game this year, the defense is totally incapable of covering the middle of the field, our play callers are imbeciles--especially on 3rd downs, staff is worse than Butch's was, we're screwed at tight end, the offensive line was not nearly as impressive as everyone thought they should be, Ramel Keyton was awful, did I mention JG sucked, why didn't we run more, why couldn't we pass better, it was just sheer luck that got us the W, ...

My goodness gracious me.

I'm gonna ignore most of you, grab a cup of coffee, sit on the front porch and smile a lot about a Vols victory, appreciate the coaches and lads for being there for us. And be hella happy that college football is back.

Go Vols!

Last edited:

Heh. Only here, it seems, can we self-flagellate so obsessively after a win. JG sucked, Jeremy Banks is out of control, Pruitt's psychological profile says he thinks this is the best we can do, at this rate we won't win another game this year, the defense is totally incapable of covering the middle of the field, our play callers are imbeciles--especially on 3rd downs, staff is worse than Butch's was, we're screwed at tight end, the offensive line was not nearly as impressive as everyone thought they should be, Ramel Keyton was awful, did I mention JG sucked, why didn't we run more, why couldn't we pass better, it was just sheer luck that got us the W, ...

My goodness gracious me.

I'm gonna ignore most of you, have a nice cup of coffee, sit on the front porch and smile a lot about a Vols victory, appreciate the coaches and lads for being there for us. And be hella happy that college football is back.

Go Vols!
Alot of things have changed for me since this time last year. Real life things. We almost didn't have Football at all this year because of some of those things and life would have still kept right on its path full steam ahead.

I'm happy we beat Muschamp and SC. I'm happy we're 1-0. It was an opener of a season that because of a virus we weren't sure if we were gonna play at all and still don't know if we'll finish. It was at their place and an SEC opponent. Hopefully they'll learn from the mistakes and improve enough to win next week.

I opened the game thread once last night and only made it one page. Criticism is expected. What I saw was embarrassing. But, for me to complain makes me no better than that, so I'll just leave it at that.

Enjoy your coffee this morning JP and lets enjoy the win and hope we get to play again next week.

Go Vols!!!!

I am happy we got the win. Of course we had some bad play, what team doesn't. I truly try to focus on the positives. I can't wait to see the replay, thank you @Freak! We had some freshman that played really well. And we having a winning streak against SC and WM. And we are lucky to get to play this year to begin with. Enjoy it! GoVols!

Last edited:
Saw the same things you did, JP. I’m smiling because i know these kids played with just 20 practices. These young men will get better. I saw effort. You can build off effort.

Here’s to a cup of coffee reading DG’s summary in a little bit.

Go Vols!

My goodness gracious me.

I'm gonna ignore most of you, grab a cup of coffee, sit on the front porch and smile a lot about a Vols victory, appreciate the coaches and lads for being there for us. And be hella happy that college football is back.

Go Vols!
We're a LONG way from being where we want to be. That's not complaining. That's just a reality. Give us a decent QB and we put that game away in the 3rd quarter. However we are also a long way from Georgia State last year! No complaints from me! Just win baby!

Reactions: IndianaVol and Remy
Alot of things have changed for me since this time last year. Real life things. We almost didn't have Football at all this year because of some of those things and life would have still kept right on its path full steam ahead.

I'm happy we beat Muschamp and SC. I'm happy we're 1-0. It was an opener of a season that because of a virus we weren't sure if we were gonna play at all and still don't know if we'll finish. It was at their place and an SEC opponent. Hopefully they'll learn from the mistakes and improve enough to win next week.

I opened the game thread once last night and only made it one page. Criticism is expected. What I saw was embarrassing. But, for me to complain makes me no better than that, so I'll just leave it at that.

Enjoy your coffee this morning JP and lets enjoy the win and hope we get to play again next week.

Go Vols!!!!
Behr, you're a fairly private fella. I get the impression that you lost someone close this past year, maybe to covid, maybe to something else. I'm not trying to draw the information out of you, happy for you to keep your privacy. Just wanted you to know, I respect you a lot and my heart's with you. You're a good dude.

Behr, you're a fairly private fella. I get the impression that you lost someone close this past year, maybe to covid, maybe to something else. I'm not trying to draw the information out of you, happy for you to keep your privacy. Just wanted you to know, I respect you a lot and my heart's with you. You're a good dude.

tumblr_lvrm08679N1qglwtqo1_500.gif

My goodness gracious me.

Go Vols!
amen

I'll take an "ugly" win in an opener on the road vs an SEC opponent any day. UT gets Mizzou next week and should be able to keep improving for when the meat of the schedule arrives. 1-0 is a lot better than 0-1.
I hope UT curb stomps Mizzou to death, resurrects them, them curb stomps them to death again.

It’s pretty hilarious to see in the game day threads. The second kickoff happens 75% in there lose any critical thinking skills they may have and are ready to fire a coach on a 7 game win streak who has been recuiting great for us, bench the most experienced QB we have in the opening game of a year where our likely other two best options hardly got to practice. We’ve got plenty we can improve on, but just look around the NCAA yesterday and you will see the impact this off-season has had on teams, but we managed to get a victory.

I am happy we got the win. Of course we had some bad play, what team doesn't. I truly try to focus on the positives. I can't wait to see the replay, thank you @Freak! We had some freshman that played really well. And we having a winning streak against SC and WM. And we are lucky to get to play this year to begin with. Enjoy it! GoVols!

Miss State didnt have much bad play...

Reactions: uvavol and Frozevol
It’s pretty hilarious to see in the game day threads. The second kickoff happens 75% in there lose any critical thinking skills they may have and are ready to fire a coach on a 7 game win streak who has been recuiting great for us, bench the most experienced QB we have in the opening game of a year where our likely other two best options hardly got to practice. We’ve got plenty we can improve on, but just look around the NCAA yesterday and you will see the impact this off-season has had on teams, but we managed to get a victory.

I agree...Miss State apparently had a very impactful off seaason..

You forgot to mention that the "Air Raid" coach we almost had piloted his team to an impressive victory over the defending national championship team in only his first game as an SEC head coach.
Beginners luck as an SEC coach...

I feel like fans forget that we didn’t open with a normal patsy this year. To jump right into an SEC schedule, with very little prep time, is not easy. We won, and it was an SEC win at that. I’ll never take those for granted again.
Honestly, only UF and Bama looked anything close to ready for their debut. UGA knocked off the rust after 30 minutes.

VN Store

Back