Music City Bowl wants Vols (merged)

The only good thing to me about the MCB is that Nashville is an easy 8 hour drive from Chitown. Don’t have to drive 2 days or buy a plane ticket.
But I’d rather buy a plane ticket.

MCB would be horrible. Nashville isn't a football town unless you are a visiting NFL team and out number Titan fans 2:1. And Vandy is just .... horrible too.

Yup, went to a Titans game over Veteran's Day weekend. The KC crowd out numbered the Titans by atleast 4 to 1! Embarrassing! Great finish to that game though!!!!!!

Aint it NICE to be complaining about 'lesser bowls' again??!!

tenor.gif

Just curious about the payouts. Does it go to the school or SEC conference with UT getting a bigger cut?

Payouts (As of the last time each bowl was played):

Outback Bowl - 6.35 mil
Music City Bowl - 5.65 mil
Gator (Taxslayer) Bowl - 3.16 mil

Yep. I can't find the one where he said it was almost a guarantee, but did find these...

Important to remember that under the current bowl structure, the Music City Bowl gets to select before the Gator and Belk Bowls. We think of it as the bad bowl that we went to at 6-6 in 2010, but its profile and payout have increased substantially since then.
Not in their case. Some bowls are owned or operated by a local tourism board where filing hotels and local spending are the goal. The Music City Bowl is its own deal, 100% about filling the seats and selling sponsorships.

We'll see.

Amazing the amount of people around here like to throw out absolutes about stuff they have no idea about or no control over. You'd think after all the nay saying about our record everyone would slow down a minute. Lol.
That's for sure.

Reactions: Behr
I'm fine with Nashville and UofL. Great town. There's no end of places to eat and drink. Folks can make the rounds at AJ's, Tootsies, Roberts, etc. A good dose of cold, inclement weather is how football games are to be played and won't bother me. Heck, you never know...game might be played in sunshine and some warmer weather despite the time of year. Just glad we're not home for the holidays....again.

I don’t want to see Tennessee play a home game If it’s not in Neyland.

They only want the Vols because they know we travel well and tickets will sell out in .0000000275 seconds.

We deserve a better bowl and should demand such

Reactions: 08Vol and tbwhhs
Tbh, as a fan, idc what bowl Tennessee goes to. If it’s not for a championship, it’s irrelevant In my opinion. The extra practice is really all that matters when you get right down to it.

Well, as a fan its relevant to me because its another Tennessee game. 13 is better than 12. A couple of months from now I'll be crying about it being 7 more months til football. When you get right down to it, watching football is what all this is about. Lol.

If you go to the MCB website and look the attendance since it started its a no brainer for them. UT and UK have packed the place out by an average of 20k more tickets than every other matchup. So i think it is safe to say it will be us or UK. I hope we do go to the MCB so i can attend. I do think the players deserve better but I wont be mad. At this point I don't think beggars can be choosers. We should be happy to be in a bowl. I know I am. Go Vols Beat Louisville!

I don’t want to see Tennessee play a home game If it’s not in Neyland.

They only want the Vols because they know we travel well and tickets will sell out in .0000000275 seconds.

We deserve a better bowl and should demand such

We're 7-5 and haven't been relevant since 2001. I don't see how we should "demand or deserve" anything. I'm grateful to finally have a winning season and be bowling. I've lived through a lot of ups and downs since my first game in '65. This last 15 year stretch is probably the worst I've been through. It's given me a new perspective and yes, appreciation of how difficult the SEC is these days along with how difficult winning seasons are to come by in this conference. I'll never look down my nose at a winning season or any bowl game ever again. Doesn't mean I'm "settling" or "accepting mediocrity". I just appreciate what this team has done and am thankful for what rewards come their way.

If you go to the MCB website and look the attendance since it started its a no brainer for them. UT and UK have packed the place out by an average of 20k more tickets than every other matchup. So i think it is safe to say it will be us or UK. I hope we do go to the MCB so i can attend. I do think the players deserve better but I wont be mad. At this point I don't think beggars can be choosers. We should be happy to be in a bowl. I know I am. Go Vols Beat Louisville!

Tennessee will do that anywhere. Maximizing profits by defaulting the local team isn’t fair to anyone.

Reactions: 08Vol
According to this article the Music City Bowl has zeroed in on the Vols as their SEC team of choice.

Music City Bowl wants Tennessee Vols as SEC representative

I know I have seen a lot of people on this board voting for a FL bowl but I think the MCB would be great for our Vols.

Assuming 4 SEC teams get Playoff/NY6 Bowl bids, UT is the #1 choice of all 6 of the Group of 6 bowls (Liberty, Texas, Belk, Outback, music city. Gator). It's not even close.

It's UT, (gap), A&M, (huge gap), UK, (huge gap and hold nose), MSU

Reactions: HollowaytoSeivers
Yep. I can't find the one where he said it was almost a guarantee, but did find these...

So, basically we're either going to the Outback or Music City. There aren't any other viable options. If the Outback passes on us, the MCB will definitely pick us. So we can forget the Gator, Belk, and Liberty. At the end of the day, that's really not that bad considering we were 1-4 and kind of an embarrassment.

VN Store

Back