Mus Chump

Before today I wouldn’t have agreed with you. But seeing these today (except UAB) gives me a ray of hope. KY is inept, USC only marginally better than them, Vandy definitely beatable, and MSU got curb stomped.
We need our QB to make some plays.
Kentucky and Miss State look terrible. Remind me of Tennessee though with how they play.

Kentucky and Miss State look terrible. Remind me of Tennessee though with how they play.

Watched some of Nebraska OSU game , Buckeyes are loaded across board, but Nebraska looked like Tn playing in red jerseys QB was terrible, both lines
totally whipped, defense taking so many bad angles they are bad team...…………….

Reactions: FLVOL_79
They both look terrible? What have you seen from our beloved Vols that makes you think we are better than these two teams?

Thus far, UT has played 30mins of passably good football. The 1st half against BYU (if we have to point to UTC as our high water mark, we’re really screwed.). Aside from that, it has been nothing but really bad ball.

I also don’t see anything that points to us being better than any team left on the schedule including UAB.

My only hope is that someone steps up at QB, we start playing wide open, taking risks like we’ve got nothing to lose, and the team gets fired up and confident. If that happens, we can absolutely beat some folks to finish the season. But that’s a lot of IF’s...

Thus far, UT has played 30mins of passably good football. The 1st half against BYU (if we have to point to UTC as our high water mark, we’re really screwed.). Aside from that, it has been nothing but really bad ball.

I also don’t see anything that points to us being better than any team left on the schedule including UAB.

My only hope is that someone steps up at QB, we start playing wide open, taking risks like we’ve got nothing to lose, and the team gets fired up and confident. If that happens, we can absolutely beat some folks to finish the season. But that’s a lot of IF’s...

I agree with everything Finn, Tn should take some chances this season so far has been S**T Show on how not to play FB. QB play has to be better whoever is playing
I would put JJ at QB for pkg there is nothing to lose now the team started 2nd half Fla with energy with Mauer playing, JG is not SEC caliber just don't have it
Both lines have to get some push we getting whipped too much...…...…...

Last edited:
Reactions: BreatheUT

You're about the only one on here that admits to the "IF's" situation.

Every team left on the schedule not named Georgia or Alabama is ripe for the picking...if we have just a competent football team.

But, so were GaSt and BYU....

Off your list of "not named" you might better add MO.

Thank you sir.
Go vols. Good topic tho. And I'm glad you are still high on this teams chances. I can appreciate that and I am here cuz I love Tennessee Football as well and also see something I like about this teams chances moving forward ... I've seen the best and worst times of Tennessee football and this is definitely the worst but It can all change with one huge game

Like this post. But to say it will all change with one huge game is a little much. We had one or maybe two of these games last year, and yes the pace of recovery picked up. Another huge game will help keep the pace of the recovery moving at an even better pace. Let's hope.....

Reactions: OG.V83
I hope we finally bring this clown down. SC looks terrible, so does Ky...... hard to believe Ky played with UF but made these clowns look like a decent team. 5-6 wins isn't off the table afte watching this game. Mind you, a lot of stuff has to change but these two teams look beatable. Maybe I have my orange colored glasses on but I'm not impressed by either team. Ripe for the picking!
We will be lucky to lose by 24pts to Bama the way USCjr did.

Muschamp is one of the biggest and most overrated a holes in the SEC.

Through nothing more than sheer Vol incompetence, he has the record he has against us.

Which is even more odd because if memory serves me right wasn't Musko 0 fur his playing career against the Vols?

They both look terrible? What have you seen from our beloved Vols that makes you think we are better than these two teams?
USCjr's defense looked pretty red ass, and their ground game looked revived, against UK's front seven. UK didn't look good, at all.

You should be able to beat us (UK) again, because no matter who you put in as QB he will be way better than any QB we have left on our roster. Last night all USCjr had to do was play some loose man-to- man coverage and load the box to shut down the run. Force UK into 3 and outs on every series, keep their D on the field till they have nothing left and you have an easy win. With Wilson we had a decent chance to make some first downs. Sawyer Smith is injured and can't throw the ball at all like he did against UF. So it looks like we are hobbled for the rest of this season. Don't think you all will win many more... but if you can't beat the UK team that was on the field last night... then you are worse than I thought.

Reactions: BreatheUT
No. Without drastic changes or miraculous overnight improvement by the team and coaches this team has ZERO chance to "make it happen" on any given Saturday. Once the trip through the SEC abattoir starts they will be so humiliated and beat down that they will just be going through the motions till the end of the season.

Ok. Well I'm sure you were one of the ones that thought Auburn would destroy us last year too. I appreciate all vols fans opinions and takes. But you sir, are wrong.

Like this post. But to say it will all change with one huge game is a little much. We had one or maybe two of these games last year, and yes the pace of recovery picked up. Another huge game will help keep the pace of the recovery moving at an even better pace. Let's hope.....

Thanks. I respectfully disagree with some of our fans ideas that "we are really bad". No we are NOT. and actually, our young guys are the biggest single reason for my optimism moving forward

Reactions: savannahfan
Ok. Well I'm sure you were one of the ones that thought Auburn would destroy us last year too. I appreciate all vols fans opinions and takes. But you sir, are wrong.
I did think they would destroy us. Tennessee got super lucky and caught Auburn off guard. It was 100% a fluke. That being said I figured that was going to be the big factor that team needed to get better..and they didn't. In fact, they have gotten worse. Doubt UT is going to pull an Auburn on anyone this year especially considering we were Ga State and BYU's Auburn...

VN Store

Back