Mullen

Other than putting Emroy in the game, I got to admit I think Mullen & staff called a really strong game.

You obviously scouted our coverage weakness & isolated Nigel Warrior to loosen us up over the middle the 1st drive of the game.
You didn't try and force the run when we were stuffing it.
Then when we started stopping the pass with more aggressive blitzes Trask started identifying his hot reads and spreading the ball to the outside.
When we tried to disguise our coverage with delayed blitzes your OL picked it up so well we hardly created any pressure and you went back to picking us apart over the middle. You picked it up so well I'm wondering if we had a dead giveaway on our delayed blitz packages Mullen & your OC spotted.
Then late 3rd after you'd worn us down (only like 50-60 rushing yards at that point) you started running all over us.

I honestly don't think ya'll are a top 10 team. I think you'll be lucky to end the year in the top 15. That said, you out coached and out schemed us all day long with a better game plan.
We got knocked out in a slapfight.

Good post, but I think Mullen called a masterpiece last year against LSU.

I agree we aren’t a Top 10 team. You need a serviceable OL for that, and we don’t have one.

Last edited:
Reactions: MemphisVol77
Mullen will never win a championship but he's gonna be solid for 8-10 wins every year. Would be nice to have right now.

Reactions: Rockyjr
Good post.

I agree we aren’t a Top 10 team. You need a serviceable OL for that, and we don’t have one.

O-line will only get better throughout year, same thing happened last year.

We need our dudes back on defense; CJ, Zuniga and Ventrell Miller. We get those guys back and our defense keeps us in the game against anybody.

Your hope is that he never wins a championship. Once he gets the roster depth right, he’s gonna play for titles. May take a couple more years but it’s coming.

He may compete for them but that's different than winning them. He would need Bama, UGA, LSU to all take steps back in the next couple years to win titles.

Trust me. Take your 8-10 wins and be grateful for it.

Reactions: Volatility
That was really weird when he did that. I would love to know why that decision was made.

He probably knew there was no way in hell Tennessee would score enough points.

Reactions: 08Vol
He may compete for them but that's different than winning them. He would need Bama, UGA, LSU to all take steps back in the next couple years to win titles.

Trust me. Take your 8-10 wins and be grateful for it.

He beat LSU last year, he coulda beat UGa last year and is breathing down their necks right now. Everyone needs Bama to take a step back.

I still think Mullen made a lot of stupid decisions today.

Mullen makes a lot of bad game day decisions. The difference is he is an amazing coach Sunday - Friday and an ok coach on Saturday. That is what it takes to be a good coach. The great ones are doing the right thing 7 days a week

The man is off to a 15-3 start at Florida. For some of you minimizing that, what would have impressed you, 18-0?

What it comes down to is having an innovative offensive minded coach.

Defense might win championships but defense doesn’t build programs. Fulmer is still trapped in an outdated mode of thinking.

Reactions: 08Vol
Still can’t believe all the fans that didn’t want Mullen a coupe of years ago. Yeah I know he took the Florida job rather than talk to us ( who could blame him) but he took our coaching staff to school today. They had a number of players out and they still stomped us.

You can always do the swamp chomp instead of singing good ole Rocky Top.... Just saying

Still can’t believe all the fans that didn’t want Mullen a coupe of years ago. Yeah I know he took the Florida job rather than talk to us ( who could blame him) but he took our coaching staff to school today. They had a number of players out and they still stomped us.
I'm starting to think you could suit up a high school team in Gator uniforms and beat the Vols. It's our fate.

Today probably had more to do with the different talent levels than coaching. However, the score did demonstrate the difference in coaching. Would have lost anyway, just because of talent alone.

Wow. We have just as much talent as Florida. The difference in the game was their backup qb made big throws to keep the chains moving and score tds and we didn’t. Stop apologizing for our idiot of a coach

He was never coming to UT. He'll be average at UF with the benefit of an extremely down east
Down? 2 top 10 and uk and Missouri aren't exactly trash. Georgia may be the best team in the country. If he wins out except for Georgia he's done fantastic. Just mopped the floor with us with a QB that hasn't even started a game in 7 years. The West is best in the country no doubt

Mullen improves to 14-3 as a Head Coach at UF, almost certain to be 15-3 after next week. Plus, his Gators have the longest current winning streak of any team in the SEC.

Safe to say, he’s a homerun hire so far for Florida.

I dont see UF being UF under Mullen. His recruiting sucks. His backyard is being plucked by Clemson, UGA and Bama.

I see a 8-9 win type of coach.

UGA and LSU will own him.

Playing easy teams is the time when coaches make dumb decision to see what works and what doesn't

Hate to say it, but he pretty much admitted that post game.

There were puzzling play calls because he wanted to do some things (particularly in the running game) and concluded that Tennessee was not going to score.

Wow. We have just as much talent as Florida. The difference in the game was their backup qb made big throws to keep the chains moving and score tds and we didn’t. Stop apologizing for our idiot of a coach

I am probably the last one who would apologize for him. But, if you think our talent is on the same level as Florida, then you need to re-watch this game. Maybe two or three times.

I dont see UF being UF under Mullen. His recruiting sucks. His backyard is being plucked by Clemson, UGA and Bama.

He's on track for a top 10 class with two top 15 classes for his first two classes..... He couldn't recruit top classes at Mississippi State. That isn't the case at Florida where resources are 100000x bigger than Starkville.

Using his recruiting at Starkville to say he can't recruit at Florida is so dumb.

Reactions: imjustaguest2
I am probably the last one who would apologize for him. But, if you think our talent is on the same level as Florida, then you need to re-watch this game. Maybe two or three times.

According to the recruiting “experts” at 247 we have slightly more talent than Florida. Now have they done a much better job of developing and getting the most out of their recruits? Probably so. But we definitely ha e a lot of highly regarded players (coming out of us) on our roster

Reactions: Rockyjr

Same reason I've been saying Tenn want be back to the top of the sec anytime soon. No way to out recruit those 3 and LSU without at least 2 of them imploding. Plus they all have better coaches

Reactions: Stephen A Smith

VN Store

Back