Mullen

Volinnooga

Still can’t believe all the fans that didn’t want Mullen a coupe of years ago. Yeah I know he took the Florida job rather than talk to us ( who could blame him) but he took our coaching staff to school today. They had a number of players out and they still stomped us.

Still can’t believe all the fans that didn’t want Mullen a coupe of years ago. Yeah I know he took the Florida job rather than talk to us ( who could blame him) but he took our coaching staff to school today. They had a number of players out and they still stomped us.

We should have never tried to lowball him with an offer that he could wait on to see what happened at Florida.

I told some Vol friends that Miss St had made a better hire than we did back in 2009 and nearly got my head bitten off. We were going to be be the SC of the east, etc.

Dan's a great coaxh

Reactions: 08Vol

Today probably had more to do with the different talent levels than coaching. However, the score did demonstrate the difference in coaching. Would have lost anyway, just because of talent alone.

Reactions: MemphisVol77
He left some points on the field for sure.

And he wasted a possession playing Emory when we could have put the game away sooner.

Other than putting Emroy in the game, I got to admit I think Mullen & staff called a really strong game.

You obviously scouted our coverage weakness & isolated Nigel Warrior to loosen us up over the middle the 1st drive of the game.
You didn't try and force the run when we were stuffing it.
Then when we started stopping the pass with more aggressive blitzes Trask started identifying his hot reads and spreading the ball to the outside.
When we tried to disguise our coverage with delayed blitzes your OL picked it up so well we hardly created any pressure and you went back to picking us apart over the middle. You picked it up so well I'm wondering if we had a dead giveaway on our delayed blitz packages Mullen & your OC spotted.
Then late 3rd after you'd worn us down (only like 50-60 rushing yards at that point) you started running all over us.

I honestly don't think ya'll are a top 10 team. I think you'll be lucky to end the year in the top 15. That said, you out coached and out schemed us all day long with a better game plan.
We got knocked out in a slapfight.

Reactions: Welcome2theswamp
He was never coming to UT. He'll be average at UF with the benefit of an extremely down east

If Chip Kelly chose UF, Mullen would have been ours for the taking. Mullen was leaving Starkville that offseason and most MSU people think the 2017 Egg Bowl dud was due to Mullen being halfway to Knoxville. We dragged out feet/balked at price tag, Kelly unexpectedly turned UF down and the rest is history..

If Chip Kelly chose UF, Mullen would have been ours for the taking. Mullen was leaving Starkville that offseason and most MSU people think the 2017 Egg Bowl dud was due to Mullen being halfway to Knoxville. We dragged out feet/balked at price tag, Kelly unexpectedly turned UF down and the rest is history..

If Currie would have ponied up an offer that wouldn’t allow Mullen to wait out Florida, he’d be here today.

Reactions: Rockyjr
Today probably had more to do with the different talent levels than coaching. However, the score did demonstrate the difference in coaching. Would have lost anyway, just because of talent alone.
I'd say both. Talent discrepancy was obvious but we got out coached in spades.

Reactions: VolunteerHillbilly
He was never coming to UT. He'll be average at UF with the benefit of an extremely down east

We weren’t serious about getting him so in a sense you’re right. He’s not average and hasn’t been average as a head coach so not sure where you’re getting that other than pulling it out of the tops of your legs

He went off the board pretty early and many of us were still having dreams of Gruden. With benefit of hindsight, I'd trade Mullen for Pruitt all day long.

We weren’t serious about getting him so in a sense you’re right. He’s not average and hasn’t been average as a head coach so not sure where you’re getting that other than pulling it out of the tops of your legs
He's not great either. I know he has all those titles but...

Reactions: Orangeslice13

Mullen inherited a 4 win team and they won 10 games last year and in Top 10 this year

Pruitt inherited a 4 win team and they got steamrolled by GSU this year.

Either Butch got a lot more out of his 4 win team than SharkHumper or Mullen is a far superior coach to Pruitt...

He left some points on the field for sure.

And he wasted a possession playing Emory when we could have put the game away sooner.
That game was over years ago.

Congrats.
Your first time starter severely outplayed either one we fielded. And he made a couple bad decisions that we needed him to make.

I'm still not sure how good UF is, but it's really evident how bad UT is.

It looks like yall have been playing the wrong QB and even RB.

Reactions: Orangeslice13
I still find it amusing how many people ridiculed me for saying Mullen was the best coach available.

Dude consistently won at Miss State. In f@#$in Starkville, Mississippi. In the SEC West.

The people who have been convincing themselves he's an "average" or "mediocre" coach are delusional. He's easily the best coach in Miss State history. He won a national title as OC in Florida. He's probably the best QB guru in the country. He's worked miracles already at Florida in spite of McElwain's subpar recruiting. But they think he's "average" because he couldn't beat the greatest college football juggernaut of all-time in Alabama at a school with a fraction of the resources and advantages. Give me a break.

That said, the same morons that called Mullen are trash are now claiming Pruitt is the worst coach in history. He's not. Defense looks very good. Special teams looks very good. Offense is terrible; I don't know the answers, but I'm hoping "the answer" is either Maurer or Harrison Bailey. We need leadership on offense desperately.

When is everyone going learn both lines of ball are no good. Qb is horrid....do y'all really expect us to look like good team. We are way short on talent and what we do have is very young...too many elite coaches on this board.

Mullen improves to 14-3 as a Head Coach at UF, almost certain to be 15-3 after next week. Plus, his Gators have the longest current winning streak of any team in the SEC.

Safe to say, he’s a homerun hire so far for Florida.

VN Store

Back