Mullen fired at Florida

I'm in the minority but I am glad he is gone. That man was a threat at Florida. Not sure why the wheel fell off like they did this year. Look at us, we have Florida down and Clemson down at the same time. We have a real opportunity to make up some recruiting ground here. I am most excited about plucking the inevitable LSU and Florida transfers.

Agree on Mullen, though, we'll have to wait and see who they replace him with.

As for Clemson, they aren't down at all. They had a slow start to the season as the offense struggled. Over the past few weeks, they've looked much better. They might be right back in the playoff hunt next season.

Maybe. But even that game was a nail biter. It took Travis Stephens having the game of his life to squeak out a win. If Stephens even plays just a good game, we lose. Maybe Heupel and this staff will be different. I hope that they are. So I have any hope they will be? Unfortunately no.
That 2001 Florida team was really good though

I wonder if Florida is still a "destination job" now that they've gone through 3 coaches so fast. Same with LSU. Seems like the situation we were in of coaches not wanting to come because we are so quick to pull the plug if they have a bad year. I mean, Florida won the east just last year. And then fire their coach.

I'm not sure I'd want to touch those jobs if one mediocre season gets me the boot.

Wish he would have stayed around another year or two.

Mr. Strickland I suggest you interview Butch, Pruitt and Chad Morris for the job! Sincerely concerned Vol Fan.

Lane Kiffin will be their hire.

I think Kiff will go to LSU with Arch Manning announcing shortly after Kiff announcement. Sort of a package deal.
Notice that their has not been any rumors or news about LSU coaching search. Or, none that I have seen.

Lots of pressure to get a hire done by around Thxgiving by these schools largely due to the earlier recruiting date. My guess is LSU turned down by Riley and Fla jumps on Kiffen to beat out Tigers, then LSU chooses Aranda. Franklin to USC.
Florida went south quickly because once they couldn't win the East they lost interest and because he foolishly brought his 'gf' from MSU to run recruiting the Gators lost momentum there. That plus the poor results on the field did him in.

Honestly, I think Kiffin goes to Miami, pending he can leverage more resources from their Admin.

He's a culture fit in Miami and for the swagger the program is known for. I think he'd be a terrible culture fit at Florida.
Miami will have problems getting a decent coach. It's just not that good of a job other than being in the ACC

FYP. Don't forget that the sunshine boy wonder isn't a slam dunk as has been proven wherever he's been.
I'm trying to remember when Kiffin has dominated the Vols. When he had his players faking injuries to slow us down, as the refs took 7 of our points off the board due to his QB being confused, in order for him to squeak out a win?

I think Kiff will go to LSU with Arch Manning announcing shortly after Kiff announcement. Sort of a package deal.
Notice that their has not been any rumors or news about LSU coaching search. Or, none that I have seen.
I actually think Kiffin winds up at Oregon after Cristobal goes to Miami. This is going to wind up being the wildest coaching carousel of our lifetime. I think it even ends up with Freeze going to VaTech.

i feel like they do this alot... win an SEC East Division title... fire coach after the following season.

VN Store

Back