Mullen fired at Florida

Correct decision they quit on him...no other reason they lost those last 2 games...better than dead coach walking for a season

Reactions: cobbwebb0710
Where in all VolNation did you pull out of my post that I was a fan boy? Good grief. I made a prediction on who I think UF will hire and now I am a LK fanboy?

Dude, take a breath and chill. There are some of us who have an opinion and that doesn’t mean we trade Valentine’s Day cards with the man.

Apologies.

Thanks for being reasonable.

I don’t consider the fact we can’t beat UF as sad. I am just used to it. I have tried and tried to figure out why we continually lose to UF. It seems whomever is the head coach for us and them doesn’t change anything.
Spurrier and then Meyer out-coached Phil. Since then we’ve been down worse than they have. It’s not that hard to understand.

You’re going back all the way to Spurrier mentality, before that some Galen Hall years but before Tennessee thruout history had better record.. the real problem was early season games.. if they would change the dates I think the series could be different records.. I’m saying this as Tennessee has never really had coaches that could get kids prepared in early season.. that’s my take and drinking early…

We didn’t start playing UF regularly until what like 1990? Since then UF has owned us and it’s not been close. Maybe there is something to the playing UF later in the year. It certainly seems like it would have helped us this year. But I am not so sure it would help us every year.

I just have zero faith that we can ever beat UF. Regardless of who our coach is or theirs.

We didn’t start playing UF regularly until what like 1990? Since then UF has owned us and it’s not been close. Maybe there is something to the playing UF later in the year. It certainly seems like it would have helped us this year. But I am not so sure it would help us every year.

I just have zero faith that we can ever beat UF. Regardless of who our coach is or theirs.
It’s always been the coaching bro like dude said post above..

Reactions: Vol in Buckeye Land
When are fans like you going to learn. It doesn’t matter what coach we have or what coach UF has. They own us completely when it comes to football. Next year will be no different. There will be some fans that say oh UF has a new coach with a new system. We have Heupel and our offense is clicking, UF is down and we can get them. Then when we play they will beat us by 21+.

I’ll never understand why so many of you people love misery.

Spurrier and then Meyer out-coached Phil. Since then we’ve been down worse than they have. It’s not that hard to understand.

Yeah it kind of is. Even at our strongest, we could barely beat UF. Butch should have had a 3-4 year winning streak against them. We were the better team thise years. But we imploded. South Carolina and UK have beaten UF more times than we have in the past 10 years.

One minute you're one play away from beating Bama. The next, you're giving up 42 points to a bad FCS team in the 1st half and getting blown out by South Carolina.

I've never seen a team fall from borderline-elite to hot-garbage so quickly.

I still feel like something had to be going on behind the scenes. Will be interesting to see if more leaks out in the upcoming weeks about the sudden dysfunction.

I don’t blame these coaches one bit for negotiating huge buyouts. I would too as quickly as things can change

Reactions: Illinoisvolfan2
They might as well look at Mark Stoops. If they steal him they can go back to beating Kentucky. 😄

J/k I am actually not happy they are making a hire unless they go in a totally different direction for their personnel. In that case we might be able to steal a win or 2 while they transition. Outside of that I feel they get an upgrade and wonder when the next time we actually can rattle off a couple wins against those guys.

Yeah it kind of is. Even at our strongest, we could barely beat UF. Butch should have had a 3-4 year winning streak against them. We were the better team thise years. But we imploded. South Carolina and UK have beaten UF more times than we have in the past 10 years.
2001 game with it being delayed helped Tenn tremendously I think it was a toss up before 9/11 but later on this was a complete team.. I think if it was later like i said it would be different records, maybe somewhat closer

VN Store

Back