Muffett Speaks the Truth

Amen! Amen! Amen! Thanks Coach Muffett for saying what has been needed to be said for years. Biased, yes, yes, Candice Parker is certainly proof of that. To be truthful Gene is an absolute A...hole. Several years ago he told the mother of a Georgia recruit that he and Pat Summit wanted that she was getting a divorce because she was a Lesbian in order to gain an advantage...Summit filed for divorce because he husband was having affairs with other women. That incident by Geno is precisely why later Summit refused to play UConn.

Can we please make Geno, target #1 of the cancel culture crowd?😁
Seriously, I’m kinda meh on this. Everyone knows it’s true and everyone knows the guy is a jerk.
The only way to stop it is for someone to step up and consistently beat his brains in.
GBO!!

Amen! Amen! Amen! Thanks Coach Muffett for saying what has been needed to be said for years. Biased, yes, yes, Candice Parker is certainly proof of that. To be truthful Gene is an absolute A...hole. Several years ago he told the mother of a Georgia recruit that he and Pat Summit wanted that she was getting a divorce because she was a Lesbian in order to gain an advantage...Summit filed for divorce because he husband was having affairs with other women. That incident by Geno is precisely why later Summit refused to play UConn.
The Georgia recruit was Maya Moore. Pat would have won 1 or 2 more NC's with Moore.

Can we please make Geno, target #1 of the cancel culture crowd?😁
Seriously, I’m kinda meh on this. Everyone knows it’s true and everyone knows the guy is a jerk.
The only way to stop it is for someone to step up and consistently beat his brains in.
GBO!!
He hasn’t won since 2016 so everyone kind of has beaten his brains in the past 5 years.

Reactions: cobbwebb0710
200.gif

If Muffett had Geno's record and Muffett had Geno's; who do you think would be getting all the ink. Who get's all the ink in the NFL? Tom Brady. This is the same person that referred to Asia Durr as 'that player" when Asia won ACC Player of the Year over Jewell Lloyd. She would not mention Asia's name. She said of her own players, "I tell them what to do and they don't do it." She seems petty and spiteful to me.

If Muffett had Geno's record and Muffett had Geno's; who do you think would be getting all the ink. Who get's all the ink in the NFL? Tom Brady. This is the same person that referred to Asia Durr as 'that player" when Asia won ACC Player of the Year over Jewell Lloyd. She would not mention Asia's name. She said of her own players, "I tell them what to do and they don't do it." She seems petty and spiteful to me.
Asia Durr never won ACC POY over Jewell Loyd; She won it over Arike. Peyton Manning got his fair share of ink when he was in the NFL as does Aaron Rodgers and they don't have as many championships as Brady does.

What Geno has accomplished is impressive and I have no doubt he has worked extremely hard to get where he is. I wasn't a fan of his personality when UConn first hit the scene but he has mellowed with age. Do I think his influence helped keep Candace off the 2016 Olympic team? Yep. While it may not have been 100% his decision, if he wanted her on the team she would have been there. It may not have been dislike as much as indifference but it's silly to think he had zero input.

I post on the UConn board more than here and have mentioned there the location of ESPN helped their program in the years when they first became successful in the same way I think ESPN drove a lot of the old Big East hype and success. It was a matter of location and population. However, the sustained success of UConn meant the program would continue to get promoted. The world of women's basketball is very small and while the fanbase is very loyal and passionate, it is still a tiny number and so it's natural any media outlet is going to promote the most successful and recognizable brand and program.

I get where Muffet is coming from to some degree but she comes off looking worse than anything to do with UConn or Geno by making the statement. She had a great run at ND and was very successful and by all indications chose to walk away on her own terms. It's best if she just remains quiet or less pointed when she speaks about the game.

And Geno doesn’t seem that way?

Reactions: tbwhhs
What Geno has accomplished is impressive and I have no doubt he has worked extremely hard to get where he is. I wasn't a fan of his personality when UConn first hit the scene but he has mellowed with age. Do I think his influence helped keep Candace off the 2016 Olympic team? Yep. While it may not have been 100% his decision, if he wanted her on the team she would have been there. It may not have been dislike as much as indifference but it's silly to think he had zero input.

I post on the UConn board more than here and have mentioned there the location of ESPN helped their program in the years when they first became successful in the same way I think ESPN drove a lot of the old Big East hype and success. It was a matter of location and population. However, the sustained success of UConn meant the program would continue to get promoted. The world of women's basketball is very small and while the fanbase is very loyal and passionate, it is still a tiny number and so it's natural any media outlet is going to promote the most successful and recognizable brand and program.

I get where Muffet is coming from to some degree but she comes off looking worse than anything to do with UConn or Geno by making the statement. She had a great run at ND and was very successful and by all indications chose to walk away on her own terms. It's best if she just remains quiet or less pointed when she speaks about the game.

??

Last edited:
Guys there's already a Thread opened specifically for Geno & Muffet for this!!!!!

Guys there's already a Thread opened specifically for Geno & Muffet for this!!!!!
I've listened to barbs, insults, and accusations toward Geno that really seem over the top. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and I'm not trying to change anyone's mind. I just don't believe that Muffet is going there, what has happened to this woman? I always had a lot of respect for her, but all this stuff she is saying is not going to help her legacy. It's just sour grapes from a coach who had one bad year and then quits.

I respect the problem you guys have with him, but for a great coach like her to just go off on a former colleague publicly like she has done is very unprofessional. I don't know her motive, but to me she seems to be in a bad place.

Reactions: Mr. Doo Wop
And Geno doesn’t seem that way?
people who don't follow him closely hardly ever hear the kudos he extends to other players and coaches. Look at his reaction when MS State ended the 111 game winning streak in the final 4. He was actually happy for them and talked about how they deserved the win. I bet you never read this quote from the game;

"When William’s jumper dropped, Auriemma broke into that wry smile. He turned to his bench, then went to congratulate the Bulldogs.
“I just kind of shook my head. This kid’s had an incredible run,” Auriemma said. “When it went in, it was almost like, of course. Of course, it’s going to go in.”
“Look, nobody’s won more than we’ve won,” he said. “I understand losing, believe it or not. We haven’t lost in a while, but I understand it. I know how to appreciate when other people win.”

So no Geno's not petty (all the time)

Reactions: StorrsCentral
I would have believed the sincerity of his statement more if he had foregone the opportunity to remind everyone that his program was the winningest ever. Look at the sentence you didn't highlight. The charitable side of me might have been tempted to dismiss those elements as mere promotion of his program (or himself), but did CONN really need that after having just completed a run of four straight championships? Would it have killed him to simply congratulate the Bulldogs and Vic and, at most, said, "We'll be back"?

Apparently so. Humility and graciousness don't appear to be in the man's DNA.

I've listened to barbs, insults, and accusations toward Geno that really seem over the top. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and I'm not trying to change anyone's mind. I just don't believe that Muffet is going there, what has happened to this woman? I always had a lot of respect for her, but all this stuff she is saying is not going to help her legacy. It's just sour grapes from a coach who had one bad year and then quits.

I respect the problem you guys have with him, but for a great coach like her to just go off on a former colleague publicly like she has done is very unprofessional. I don't know her motive, but to me she seems to be in a bad place.
1640619302435.gif

people who don't follow him closely hardly ever hear the kudos he extends to other players and coaches. Look at his reaction when MS State ended the 111 game winning streak in the final 4. He was actually happy for them and talked about how they deserved the win. I bet you never read this quote from the game;

"When William’s jumper dropped, Auriemma broke into that wry smile. He turned to his bench, then went to congratulate the Bulldogs.
“I just kind of shook my head. This kid’s had an incredible run,” Auriemma said. “When it went in, it was almost like, of course. Of course, it’s going to go in.”
“Look, nobody’s won more than we’ve won,” he said. “I understand losing, believe it or not. We haven’t lost in a while, but I understand it. I know how to appreciate when other people win.”

So no Geno's not petty (all the time)
And neither is Muffet. Geno is a 🍆 95% of the time. He’s thrashed Tennessee and disrespected Pat, CP3, and countless others. He couldn’t even compliment them fully, without patting hisself on the back. He’s a self serving prick and you’ll never convince me otherwise.

So Geno can say whatever he wants and it’s supposed to be all good. If you’re looking for a shoulder to cry on, go to the Boneyard. He’s a jerk and was called out rightfully so. She’s entitled to her opinion, regardless if you like it or not.

I would have believed the sincerity of his statement more if he had foregone the opportunity to remind everyone that his program was the winningest ever. Look at the sentence you didn't highlight. The charitable side of me might have been tempted to dismiss those elements as mere promotion of his program (or himself), but did CONN really need that after having just completed a run of four straight championships? Would it have killed him to simply congratulate the Bulldogs and Vic and, at most, said, "We'll be back"?

Apparently so. Humility and graciousness don't appear to be in the man's DNA.
Precisely!

She can say whatever she wants to say. She’s a grown ass woman. You don’t get to dictate what she can and can’t say.

VN Store

Back