Muffett Speaks the Truth

Not Uconn fans being upset this young lady posted this which is NOT disrespectful in my opinion to her own account ... Being from VA and hearing it told multiple times him (Geno) just pulling her scholarship is not how it's told. Geno didn't like she was taking her time and ND was at the top of her list along with uconn. I'd tell this guy but he seems unstable lol

Or we could just take it for what it is ... A kid sticking up for the coach that recruited and brought her to ND.

If Pat was still around and he made that comment i know some LV would do the same and Candace well we have already seen her destroy Geno multiple times lol

Except Pat had too much class to put her players in that position.

Reactions: lvocd
Just thought I would give Geno a chance to reply to Miss Muffett:

\

It is odd how Geno along with many Uconn fans just ignore the comments about Parker.

Here is where Geno shows just how insecure he is. No matter what he accomplishes it's my take he has serious confidence or self-esteem issues. Something is definitely wrong with the guy..Maybe he was bullied as a kid lol It certainly comes off that way.. McGraw is on a basketball show answers questions about basketball none of her answers were way out there. She comments on ESPN and the Uconn program. She also says the same thing regarding ND football and NBC. I wouldn't call her comments harsh and she wasn't in attack mode. She did make a comment about Geno having a say with players (Parker) and the Olympic team. She's not the only person in the business to think that or say that.... I don't find those to be personal attacks on him as a person. Damn she even compliments him and the program. I do think McGraw threw in Only TN has one more as a program (which they have) on purpose again not a personal attack though. She meant programs with the most wins she stated a fact I guess Geno didn't realize..lol

Remember this is a person talking at the professional level not some bar conversation. He isn't just representing himself but the Uconn program. Maybe it's happened but I can't imagine other coaches (NBA WNBA College MLB etc) attacking their peers this way. So you can add unprofessional to it. As I said, the difference between Geno and most every other coach including McGraw is Geno has to go after people on a personal level. There is just something wrong when such a successful coach like Geno has to always attack on personal level. His favorite targets tend to be female recruits and female coaches. LOL I don't care what anyone says to defend him.. His behavior isn't that of one of the most successful women's college coaches with a program that's been on top for decades.

Sidenote - A friend of mine showed me a few pics taken behind the curtains at one of the final 4s. The pics showed her and her girlfriend standing with Geno in the middle. From his red face and and glossy eyes they didn't have to tell me he was drinking but they did. He was leaning to his right with his head turned trying to put his lips on my friend. lol Her look is priceless. lol The guy has issues..

Last edited:
Not Uconn fans being upset this young lady posted this which is NOT disrespectful in my opinion to her own account ... Being from VA and hearing it told multiple times him (Geno) just pulling her scholarship is not how it's told. Geno didn't like she was taking her time and ND was at the top of her list along with uconn. I'd tell this guy but he seems unstable lol

Matthew Bartelson is ucbart on the Boneyard. Check out the Twitter account of this guy. Him being a gay man I would have expected him to be brighter and FAR less of a racist bigot than he obviously is. Pity.

Matthew Bartelson is ucbart on the Boneyard. Check out the Twitter account of this guy. Him being a gay man I would have expected him to be brighter and FAR less of a racist bigot than he obviously is. Pity.

Please never assume that because someone is gay they aren’t racist. The gay community is full of racists.

It is odd how Geno along with many Uconn fans just ignore the comments about Parker.

Here is where Geno shows just how insecure he is. No matter what he accomplishes it's my take he has serious confidence or self-esteem issues. Something is definitely wrong with the guy..Maybe he was bullied as a kid lol It certainly comes off that way.. McGraw is on a basketball show answers questions about basketball none of her answers were way out there. She comments on ESPN and the Uconn program. She also says the same thing regarding ND football and NBC. I wouldn't call her comments harsh and she wasn't in attack mode. She did make a comment about Geno having a say with players (Parker) and the Olympic team. She's not the only person in the business to think that or say that.... I don't find those to be personal attacks on him as a person. Damn she even compliments him and the program. I do think McGraw threw in Only TN has one more as a program (which they have) on purpose again not a personal attack though. She meant programs with the most wins she stated a fact I guess Geno didn't realize..lol

The difference between Geno and most every other coach including McGraw is Geno has to go after people on a personal level. There is just something wrong when such a successful coach like Geno has to always attack on personal level. His favorite targets tend to be female recruits and female coaches. LOL I don't care what anyone says to defend him.. His behavior isn't that of one of the most successful women's college coaches with a program that's been on top for decades.

Sidenote - A friend of mine showed me a few pics taken behind the curtains at one of the final 4s. The pics showed her and her girlfriend standing with Geno in the middle. From his red face and and glossy eyes they didn't have to tell me he was drinking but they did. He was leaning to his right with his head turned trying to put his lips on my friend. lol Her look is priceless. lol The guy has issues..

There are some WIIIIIILD stories of some of his drunken exploits while out and about on the recruiting trail back in the 90s. I'm not going to go as far as to say on here that anyone was way, waaaaay into giving lurid foot massages to giggling mamas in hotel rooms or anything, but if I were just goofing off or something I might say that. Just saying. Maybe I'd say that. lol

Last edited:

I heard the same story you heard. At first, Geno had one of his hacks in the Conn media put out a disclaimer the same day or the day shr committed after that Geno never offer Brunelle and the Boneyarders went through a patronizing diatribe about kids not knowing the difference between and offer and a letter of interest. Then the narrative changed that Geno pulled her scholarship offer.

Reactions: Bakers1 and lvocd

The difference between Geno and most every other coach including McGraw is Geno has to go after people on a personal level. There is just something wrong when such a successful coach like Geno has to always attack on personal level. His favorite targets tend to be female recruits and female coaches. LOL I don't care what anyone says to defend him.. His behavior isn't that of one of the most successful women's college coaches with a program that's been on top for decades.

Well said, Bakers1.

Reactions: VolBall09
The difference between Pat Summitt and Geno Auriemma can be summed up fairly easily.

Many people could be said to "respect" both people as winning coaches. I get that. But I've only ever heard or read the word "revered" in reference to Pat Summitt.

Geno Auriemma is the equivalent of what a QVC fan covets in the wee hours of the night: a super shiny "real-looking" cubic zirconia "diamonique." Pat Summitt, in comparison, was the authentic, priceless Hope Diamond.

His trash ain't selling on the Tennessee network. Never has, never will.

Last edited:
At first I just dismissed this latest Muffett-Geno spat as just another silly personality clash. Then I looked closer at the initial statements and the response, and it became obvious that Muffett brilliantly baited Geno, and he didn't disappoint. She knew just how to push his insecurity button and hit him where it hurts most...his conflicting ego mixed with an inferiority complex.

A mature person would have rested upon his record and championships (without feeling the need to constantly remind everyone). Not Auriemma. He shot off a bizarre set of childish (drunken?) tweets that grew increasingly more petty. He could have just stayed silent or said, "Everyone has a right to their opinions" and effectively shut down the conversation, leaving Muffett looking like an envious critic. But he took the bait in spectacular fashion and played right into her hands. You kind of have to admire her genius.

Look at what she said. She was extremely complimentary of the CONN program, saying they set the standard and were what her programs and others aspired to become. Her (stated) target was ESPN, saying they gave too much exposure to CONN and put too much focus on them. She didn't make it personal toward Auriemma...knowing how little it would take to trigger him. Played him like a cheap fiddle.

The best part was his response to her statement that CONN had won "way more than anybody, except Tennessee." And then he childishly tweeted some nonsense about Sesame Street and said that "eleven is more than eight." Notice how Muffett said, "way more," (not "more"). That wasn't accidental. Most people would agree that eleven is a few more than eight (but not "way more"). In other words, there are other programs beside CONN which have had tremendous success. That reminder must gall Auriemma, so he had to personally insult McGraw's ability to count.

The more he said, the smaller he looked in the eyes of everyone except the most partisan. It was a shocking display of immaturity and pettiness. And it lends credence to all the stories and rumors of his nastiness and unethical behavior over the years and puts the lie to the assurances that Auriemma has "grown" and "matured" over the years.

CONN fans can rightfully be proud of their program's accomplishments. They should be ashamed of their coach's immaturity snd vindictiveness.

Last edited:
At first I just dismissed this latest Muffett-Geno spat as just another silly personality clash. Then I looked closer at the initial statements and the response, and it became obvious that Muffett brilliantly baited Geno, and he didn't disappoint. She knew just how to push his insecurity button and hit him where it hurts most...his conflicting ego mixed with an inferiority complex.

A mature person would have rested upon his record and championships (without feeling the need to constantly remind everyone). Not Auriemma. He shot off a bizarre set of childish (drunken) tweets that grew increasingly more petty. He could have just stayed silent or said, "Everyone has a right to their opinions" and effectively shut down the conversation, leaving Muffett looking like an envious critic. But he took the bait in spectacular fashion and played right into her hands. You kind of have to admire her genius.

Look at what she said. She was extremely complimentary of the CONN program, saying they set the standard and were what her programs and others aspired to become. Her (stated) target was ESPN, saying they gave too much exposure to CONN and put too much focus on them. She didn't make it personal toward Auriemma...knowing how little it would take to trigger him. Played him like a cheap fiddle.

The best part was his response to her statement that CONN had won "way more than anybody, except Tennessee." And then he childishly tweeted some nonsense about Sesame Street and said that "eleven is more than eight." Notice how Muffett said, "way more," (not "more"). That wasn't accidental. Most people would agree that eleven is a few more than eight (but not "way more"). In other words, there are other programs beside CONN who have had tremendous success. That reminder must gall Auriemma, so he had to personally insult McGraw's ability to count.

The more he said, the smaller he looked in the eyes of everyone except the most partisan. It was a shocking display of immaturity and pettiness. And it lends credence to all the stories and rumors of his nastiness and unethical behavior over the years and puts the lie to the assurances that Auriemma has "grown" and "matured" over the years.

CONN fans can rightfully be proud of their program's accomplishments. They should be ashamed of their coach's immaturity snd vindictiveness.

Did you read the puff piece ESPN put out about the situation? Typical fashion there is ZERO criticism of Geno’s obvious sexism and egotism. The slant of the article makes it seem like McGraw is just being petty and Geno was responding appropriately.

Give me a break.

A mature person would have rested upon his record and championships (without feeling the need to constantly remind everyone). Not Auriemma. He shot off a bizarre set of childish (drunken) tweets that grew increasingly more petty. He could have just stayed silent or said, "Everyone has a right to their opinions" and effectively shut down the conversation, leaving Muffett looking like an envious critic. But he took the bait in spectacular fashion and played right into her hands. You kind of have to admire her genius.

The best part was his response to her statement that CONN had won "way more than anybody, except Tennessee." And then he childishly tweeted some nonsense about Sesame Street and said that "eleven is more than eight." Notice how Muffett said, "way more," (not "more"). That wasn't accidental. Most people would agree that eleven is a few more than eight (but not "way more"). In other words, there are other programs beside CONN who have had tremendous success. That reminder must gall Auriemma, so he had to personally insult McGraw's ability to count.

👏👏👏

People need to learn how to use social media diplomatically and ignore people. Rarely goes getting the last word in work out the way you thought it would.

Did you read the puff piece ESPN put out about the situation? Typical fashion there is ZERO criticism of Geno’s obvious sexism and egotism. The slant of the article makes it seem like McGraw is just being petty and Geno was responding appropriately.

Give me a break.

Adding more evidence to McGraw's assertions.

I thought Muffett was talking about program wins not championships, when she said he had won more except for Tennessee.

She obviously was. Geno ran with his own narrative though. He can’t stand it. Anything Pat ever bested him at drives him NUTS.

The one thing he’ll never outdo Pat on is being the bigger person. He’s such a petty little man. Pat out classed him with minimal effort.

I thought Muffett was talking about program wins not championships, when she said he had won more except for Tennessee.

Wouldn't that also apply to Stanford if she were talking about overall wins?

Edit: No. (See below)

Last edited:
Why the hell is a grown ass man getting into a Twitter feud with a college student athlete who doesn't know him? In the words of our former president..."SAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Been engaging with ucbart for years on various message boards back to when he was a college student. Damn, he old now (don't ask what that makes me, please...)

I believe so. Muffet just knows nothing gets Geno’s goat like making him seem inferior to Tennessee in any way 😂😂

Actually, I need to correct myself.

Total program wins: 1. Tennessee 2. Uconn 3. James Madison 4. La Tech. 5. Stanford

We're still almost 200 ahead of UCONN. And Tara is atill ahead of Geno.

Geno is such a dick he spends his time arguing with women so much and yet he continues to cancel games due to covid bc he knows his team is up ***** creek smh moron much

Geno was certainly something of an a$$ early in his his UConn coaching career--but he hasn't been that way for years. He's mellowed out a lot---and he's perfectly entitled to snap back at McGraw, because she started what is now a little tiff. (McGraw was a great coach, by the way, and it's too bad we didn't have her, or someone like her, following Summitt.) Say what you want about Geno, he's been a great coach for a long time. If we're candid, he coached circles around Summitt with respect to team offense, and that is why he was 4-0 against us, I believe, in national title games.

VN Store

Back