‘23 MS WR Ayden Williams

Do you think the staff is WR shopping out of a sense of need, or are they LOOKING only for a player showing exceptional potential that got left behind? I have no sense how they would PREFER to allocate our remaining slots by position.
We may take 30 so I’m sure at this point it’s just best available. Probably need some more Oline and interior Dline maybe an elite rb but we’re pretty good everywhere imo.

We may take 30 so I’m sure at this point it’s just best available. Probably need some more Oline and interior Dline maybe an elite rb but we’re pretty good everywhere imo.

Do you see any SERIOUS NIL involvement with BEST AVAILABLE in positions of greatest need?

Reactions: Smokey19rt
Do you see any SERIOUS NIL involvement with BEST AVAILABLE in positions of greatest need?
I mean how do you define serious? Like Nico level offer, no I don’t see anyone like that. Idk that anyone is available and interested at another position that would warrant an offer like FM was offered this year. If another elite tackle, running back, or Dlineman was interested this year we would make a run at them. Spyre will set kids up with fair compensation but there has to be interest in the program first.

Ridgeland (Miss.) High Top247 2023 receiver Ayden Williams will announce his college decision on Sunday.

“I know where I’m going,” Williams told 247Sports on Thursday.

“A place that felt like home, a place I can get on the field early and have the best success.”
Regarding Tennessee: “It really felt like home down there. It was cool. Coach (Kelsey) Pope that’s my guy. We talk almost every day. Coach Pope you can tell he knows what he’s talking about. He’s actually the youngest receivers coach in the SEC and I like that. He’s older than me but he’s not that much older so it’s kind of like a big brother type of thing. He treated my mom and my auntie well and he treated us well.”

-Wiltfong

-Wiltfong

I had written this guy off as a possibility back when they anointed home state Ole Miss the prohibitive favorite. Now this latest report sorta almost maybe gives us a shot. Anybody got additional current input? If Coach and Pope think he is a baller I am good with it.

AP maintains we never were a factor while he has continued to keep us in his top schools. Talks to pope every day and feels like home. I’m not getting my hopes up, but not counting us out either. Would have an argument for being our best wr in the class (which is saying something because seldon is the real deal).

That all said, if he commits to ole miss I don’t see him taking that visit to us and flipping. We’ll see.

Last edited:
Reactions: berryvol
It's a pretty common saying but the question is what other recruits have described Ole Miss as "felt like home"?

Tennessee might be Ole Miss’ closest competition for Williams right now. LSU was thought to be high on his list for months, too, but the Tigers might be starting to fill up at WR. Not sure how many receivers they plan to take, but they have three WR commitments and an athlete commitment who’s capable of playing WR, so that might be part of the reason we haven’t heard as much LSU buzz with him recently.

I think it’s definitely noteworthy that he’s still planning to take the official visit to Tennessee next month regardless of what he announces Sunday. Everything I’ve heard points to Ole Miss being the favorite to land him this weekend. But even if he picks the Rebels, I definitely wouldn’t say it’s completely over if he follows through on visiting the Vols next month.
-Callahan

VN Store

Back