‘23 MS WR Ayden Williams

I had the same thought. That presser was kind of stupid from a recruiting standpoint.

Well, that's because that presser wasn't for student athlete "recruits". It was for those looking to "recruit" Lane Kiffin to their school. Felt pretty obvious he was trying to publicly state his displeasure with Ole Miss, particularly after his NIL whining, and he wants people to know he'll entertain their offer and jump schools for the right price. I could see Auburn being desperate enough to go his way.

Well, that's because that presser wasn't for student athlete "recruits". It was for those looking to "recruit" Lane Kiffin to their school. Felt pretty obvious he was trying to publicly state his displeasure with Ole Miss, particularly after his NIL whining, and he wants people to know he'll entertain their offer and jump schools for the right price. I could see Auburn being desperate enough to go his way.
Yep, just letting everyone know he’s a ho for hire if there’s an opening.

Offensive coordinator Alex Golesh will be in Mississippi on Friday to see Ole Miss commitment Ayden Williams. The receiver has had a strong start to his senior year and Tennessee continues to swing hard there. Williams is someone who caught the eye of Nico this summer on the 7v7 circuit. Golesh will also be in Missouri as well.
-VQ

Outside of our improvement, upside, and the obvious attraction to offensive skill position players, what has got this kid rethinking his decision? Is it the fear that Kiffin is gonna bolt, soon?

Outside of our improvement, upside, and the obvious attraction to offensive skill position players, what has got this kid rethinking his decision? Is it the fear that Kiffin is gonna bolt, soon?

Who knows. I think it’s mostly just all of the former and not the latter. But, I could be wrong. Most of the Kiffin darting stuff is fan/media speculation, but it seems fairly obvious that Kiffin doesn’t seem happy with Ole Miss. I still think he’ll be coaching Auburn in 2023.

What is his longest tenure anywhere as HC or coordinator? Can't imagine walking away from a guy with his history of integrity and loyalty. Pretty sure he values those things with his recent scolding of the Ole MIss fanbase on attendance and funding NIL down there.

Reactions: cncchris33
Could be that he sees our WRs putting up numbers while Ole Miss is run heavy post-Matt Corral
Yeah, Kiffin has struck me as the type to play to his personnel, and right now, they have two really good RBs. But maybe that suddenly turns Williams off in combination with Kiffin's comments essentially dogging Ole Miss support and rumors of constant flirtation with other programs.

VN Store

Back