‘23 MS RB Dante Dowdell (Oregon commit)

Webb is the top RB on our board I think. We aren't landing him tho

1) Don't think anyone can make declarative statements on Webb when a) he's been committed 2x already, b) he was just here, and c) he's got 4-5 OVs planned before making a (3rd) decision

2) I was talking about my opinion in terms of true talent combined with realistic chances to land them. Cobb should be up there as well, probably in a mix in terms of Top 4. If we can get Roderick Robinson to campus I would include him too.

1) Don't think anyone can make declarative statements on Webb when a) he's been committed 2x already, b) he was just here, and c) he's got 4-5 OVs planned before making a (3rd) decision

2) I was talking about my opinion in terms of true talent combined with realistic chances to land them. Cobb should be up there as well, probably in a mix in terms of Top 4. If we can get Roderick Robinson to campus I would include him too.
His 7 recent predictions to Florida disagree

Reactions: Maxwell865
His 7 recent predictions to Florida disagree

Not saying UF won't ultimately get his 3rd commitment and/or sign him in December, but I mean come on, CBs are a joke unless the kid is about to commit. I mean, one of those was JUST switched from SoCar (ha!) to UF.

Your being argumentative and using a qb that is getting paid stupid money. Stop.
I'm not being argumentative. People need to be consistent with their claims. If predictions and what insiders say don't matter, why come on here where the news and predictions from insiders are posted (Not directing this at you, just saying in general).

Yes, but on the technicality you used of it not being official, we can't know for certain until the pen hits the paper.
I'm pretty sure the article made it pretty clear already he's locked in regardless of if he's signed his NLI. He's making appearances already and he looks like a tennessee billboard with the sweats and hat so I'm assuming he's already earning due to being from Cali and allowed to do so.

Reactions: StoVol
I'm not being argumentative. People need to be consistent with their claims. If predictions and what insiders say don't matter, why come on here where the news and predictions from insiders are posted (Not directing this at you, just saying in general).
Because people can get the same info elsewhere like the sites and radio talk shows? I come on this board to interact with fellow Vol fans and I have a Tennessee sports addiction problem. Not necessarily to get recruiting news unless it's from guys like MetalVolunteer who's connected.

I'm pretty sure the article made it pretty clear already he's locked in regardless of if he's signed his NLI. He's making appearances already and he looks like a tennessee billboard with the sweats and hat so I'm assuming he's already earning due to being from Cali and allowed to do so.
He's obviously sticking here. That's why I used him as the analogy

You should express that on the Oregon football board they might believe you, we try to push positive around here for the most part
Wouldn't call thinking we are getting everyone despite all the reports being positive, just naive. I like to be positive so I focus on the players we can get and get excited about what they could add to the team

Nico didn't have 7 and even AP has said that Webb is a long shot and he is hearing Florida for him
Wiltfong usually counts as 8 if you believe in star worship. Not arguing either way but Tee Higgins happened on AP’s watch.

We also don't know for certain that Nico will stay committed all year, but everyone is confident he will
He's obviously sticking here. That's why I used him as the analogy
There’s telling people what you’re going to do>making a public commitment >signing>enrolling >not transferring..... There are obviously degrees of commitment right now. He is just on the first step. It’s okay to think he may change his mind yet again. No absolutes.

Last edited:
Cmon cmon cmon.

Hopes up, but not feeling super confident. Gonna be hard to find out guy at rb if dowdell, Webb (uf), jackson (lsu), and Cobb (au) all land elsewhere. Maybe braswell?

Last edited:
Reactions: Smokey19rt

VN Store

Back