‘23 MS RB Dante Dowdell (Oregon commit)

Maybe they run or pass based on the D alignment?

Their RB's literally got 7 carries against UK. They did combine for 10 receptions, and Leach likes to use the pass to the RB's as an extension of the run game. But, aside from Youngstown State, every other opponent has run for 100+ yards against UK this year. USCe ran for 179, and Ole Miss ran for 186.

He kind of hinted that’s why the staff is holding off offering Keith. Although he did say they will offer him in a week or two.
So the staff prefers Dowdel to the kid currently committed to UK or is it first come, first served?

AP thinks we will but who knows? I wonder if we miss on both if they just look to the portal?

I wouldn’t be mad if they didn’t take a HS running back in this class, got depth from the portal and used not taking a back as a recruiting tool for the kid from Florida.

I didn’t say he would. But it’s still a tool to walk into a kids living room and tell him we want you so badly that we didn’t take a back last year.
We keep winning and we don't have to recruit in that manner. We have everything to start bringing in 5 stars as long as we continue to handle business on the field.

We keep winning and we don't have to recruit in that manner. We have everything to start bringing in 5 stars as long as we continue to handle business on the field.

Yes. As I’ve watched college football for roughly 38 years I’m aware of everything you are saying. What I’m suggesting is not unheard of. I don’t think Shula took a QB the year before Tebows class and he almost landed him and Georgia had to play a walk on in 06 because Richt admitted that he sandbagged the position in the previous recruiting class to go after Stafford.

Yes. As I’ve watched college football for roughly 38 years I’m aware of everything you are saying. What I’m suggesting is not unheard of. I don’t think Shula took a QB the year before Tebows class and he almost landed him and Georgia had to play a walk on in 06 because Richt admitted that he sandbagged the position in the previous recruiting class to go after Stafford.
The issue is that we only have 4 scholarship RBs right now. I know we have Seldon coming next year that can play that position as well, but skipping that position as a whole is playing with fire. Especially if championships are the immediate goal now.

The issue is that we only have 4 scholarship RBs right now. I know we have Seldon coming next year that can play that position as well, but skipping that position as a whole is playing with fire. Especially if championships are the immediate goal now.

Also read the part where I mentioned going to the portal for depth please and thank you.

Do we keep an eye on Reuben Owen's? Satterfield is on the hot seat and may not make it. I like to think bigger after the Bama win

VN Store

Back