'22 MS RB Branson Robinson (uga commit)

Then the same could be said about recruits picking Bama, Clemson or OSU. Now many on here will just say it’s because UGA pays so much better. That’s a lazy take. UGA knows how to develop guys, wins at a high level and is a national powerhouse program. Their coaching staff is very good.
I read and respect all your posts. I don't necessarily think they pay more. I don't think they coach or ever play up to their potential. Back. to my original post, I have no idea why they go there and really don't care. Just think it's a poor decision. They can do better.

I read and respect all your posts. I don't necessarily think they pay more. I don't think they coach or ever play up to their potential. Back. to my original post, I have no idea why they go there and really don't care. Just think it's a poor decision. They can do better.
Bama, Clemson, and OSU win. UGa chokes.

Then the same could be said about recruits picking Bama, Clemson or OSU. Now many on here will just say it’s because UGA pays so much better. That’s a lazy take. UGA knows how to develop guys, wins at a high level and is a national powerhouse program. Their coaching staff is very good.
How well do they develop RBs really? Are any of their recent RBs tearing it up in the NFL?

All those other 3 you mentioned have won at least 2 National Championships in the last 20 years.
1980 was 41 years ago...

Based on..........?

They already mentioned our offense. In addition, the relationship he has with our Asst. Coach. If you think about it and be honest with yourself, why was our orange hat even on the table with the others?

Georgia is telling recruits how they are opening up the offense and throwing the ball more. Does that work with him or did he hear a different story?

I mean he was 7th in total rushing while splitting carries. He’s the bell-cow of that offense. Quantify “doing really well”
Your overlying point is correct. Chubb is one of the most naturally talented RBs in the NFL, but it's contradictory to note that he spilt carries (with Kareem Hunt), and then also call him a bell-cow. There are very few offenses in the NFL that implement a single back (bell-cow) system, anymore. Cleveland has two guys that could probably start for over half the NFL in Chubb and Hunt. They are smart to deploy them in a running back by committee approach to keep them fresh and healthy.

The real evidence on Chubb is that he was 7th in total rushing while also missing 4 games due to injury and splitting carries with Hunt. He was 2nd in the NFL in total rushing the year before, in 2019, while playing all 16 games.

You could also have noted Todd Gurley, who was once considered a top-3 RB in the NFL until his knee rotted away over the past two seasons at a very young age. Currently a free agent at age 27, he is having a hard time sniffing a contract because of that knee, but in 3 of his first 4 seasons, he put up...
=1106 yds/10 TDs as a rookie in 2015
=1305 yds/13 TDs in 2017
=1251 yds/17 TDs in 2018
Across his 6 year career, he has 8336 yds from scrimmage and 79 TDs.

D'Andre Swift is another worth mentioning, though still in his infancy as a pro. He was a 2nd rd pick, last year, and split carries as a rookie with the Lions but is considered one of the more promising young backs in the NFL and should receive the majority of work in Detroit, this season.

Sony Michel has been a bit of a bust in the NFL, so far, in New England.

Reactions: Nooga
Your overlying point is correct. Chubb is one of the most naturally talented RBs in the NFL, but it's contradictory to note that he spilt carries (with Kareem Hunt), and then also call him a bell-cow. There are very few offenses in the NFL that implement a single back (bell-cow) system, anymore. Cleveland has two guys that could probably start for over half the NFL in Chubb and Hunt. They are smart to deploy them in a running back by committee approach to keep them fresh and healthy.

The real evidence on Chubb is that he was 7th in total rushing while also missing 4 games due to injury and splitting carries with Hunt. He was 2nd in the NFL in total rushing the year before, in 2019, while playing all 16 games.

You could also have noted Todd Gurley, who was once considered a top-3 RB in the NFL until his knee rotted away over the past two seasons at a very young age. Currently a free agent at age 27, he is having a hard time sniffing a contract because of that knee, but in 3 of his first 4 seasons, he put up...
=1106 yds/10 TDs as a rookie in 2015
=1305 yds/13 TDs in 2017
=1251 yds/17 TDs in 2018
Across his 6 year career, he has 8336 yds from scrimmage and 79 TDs.

D'Andre Swift is another worth mentioning, though still in his infancy as a pro. He was a 2nd rd pick, last year, and split carries as a rookie with the Lions but is considered one of the more promising young backs in the NFL and should receive the majority of work in Detroit, this season.

Sony Michel has been a bit of a bust in the NFL, so far, in New England.

Imo Sony issue has been health and he is in a system that is unkind to giving one Arab a chance to shine. It’s all about matchups and they pick their go to RB week to week. I think he could excel in a more friendly RB scheme.

It is hard to beat Bama and UGA for running backs right now. They have proven results that you can be in a RB rotation and still go first round.

Reactions: cncchris33
Imo Sony issue has been health and he is in a system that is unkind to giving one Arab a chance to shine. It’s all about matchups and they pick their go to RB week to week. I think he could excel in a more friendly RB scheme.

It is hard to beat Bama and UGA for running backs right now. They have proven results that you can be in a RB rotation and still go first round.
Belichick hates the Arabs?

Pretty racist organization, if you ask me. 😕

But seriously, you may be right on Michel. New England is not RB-friendly, necessarily, although James White has carved out a really nice career as a pass-catching back. The more traditional runners don't get much traction in Belichick's system. I think they have had 4 1000-yd seasons by a single back in the last 18 seasons, and all by a different player (Corey Dillon, Benjarvus Green-Ellis, Stevan Ridley, and LeGarrette Blount). Traditional backs just don't find much sustained success there, and it is very plug and play.

I actually may be short-changing Michel in light of that fact, but probably because more was expected from a RB taken in the 1st rd. Truth is, he had 900+ yds in both his first and second seasons, and then missed a lot of last year due to injury. In fact, he has had quite a few lower body injuries which have perhaps contributed to his perceived regression. Considering the system, the production hasn't been terrible.

Mark Richt’s First Five Seasons at UGA: 52-13
Kirby Smart’s First Five Seasons at UGA: 52-14

but let’s continue this false narrative that Smart is taking Georgia to a whole another level. 🤓

Except Richt was considered an elite coach from about 2001-2007. When Kirby starts going 8-5, 6-7, etc. 3-4 years in a row let me know.

No Georgia fan was unhappy with Richt until 2008 when we were preseason #1 and went 10-3, then followed that with 8-5, and 6-7.

No indication Kirby will follow that path.

Reactions: orangevolcano
No indication Kirby will follow that path.

You literally just said Richt was elite until 2007, then everything went downhill starting in 2008. Then you go and say that there’s no indication Kirby will do that.

How the hell do you know? Were you sitting in 2007, thinking to yourself, “man I just know Richt is going to **** to bed starting next year”?

Gtfo here. You have no idea what he will or won’t do. Right now he has the same record as Richt with a substantially weaker division and arguably more talent.

You literally just said Richt was elite until 2007, then everything went downhill starting in 2008. Then you go and say that there’s no indication Kirby will do that.

How the hell do you know? Were you sitting in 2007, thinking to yourself, “man I just know Richt is going to **** to bed starting next year”?

Gtfo here. You have no idea what he will or won’t do. Right now he has the same record as Richt with a substantially weaker division and arguably more talent.

Kirby is not a good in game coach. He is an elite recruiter and simply out athletes other teams.

VN Store

Back