'22 MS RB Branson Robinson (uga commit)

Let's say this kid does pick UGA, would that open up the possibility of us flipping Jordan James? With NIL now in place, there's more money to be made if you're the main hoss. Sure, it makes sense for UGA to take two stud RBs, but does it make sense for two stud RBs to pick UGA when there's money to be made?

Let's say this kid does pick UGA, would that open up the possibility of us flipping Jordan James? With NIL now in place, there's more money to be made if you're the main hoss. Sure, it makes sense for UGA to take two stud RBs, but does it make sense for two stud RBs to pick UGA when there's money to be made?
James will probably end up transferring here after he gets no playing time and sees how horrible of a coach smart is.

You’d think Hayden would want to come to UT if he wants to bank on NIL

I think he probably could end up signing here anyways, especially with Horton likely coming here, he’ll be in his ear every day. At the very least he’ll OV

James honestly fits the bill of what type of RB succeeds in Heupels offense more than Robinson.

Reactions: allvolrecruiting

Doubt it. He knew they were hot for Branson before he committed there. RBs these days are more willing to split time to spread workload which is what they pitch. They have also shown results of 1-2 punches. Although at UGA you have to also consider they are bringing in elite 1/2 RB combos every year so you may take a while to be in that combo and have what happened with that Bama backfield where kids like Kamara left

Doubt it. He knew they were hot for Branson before he committed there. RBs these days are more willing to split time to spread workload which is what they pitch. They have also shown results of 1-2 punches. Although at UGA you have to also consider they are bringing in elite 1/2 RB combos every year so you may take a while to be in that combo and have what happened with that Bama backfield where kids like Kamara left
Kamara left for other reasons…..

BigOrangePumpkin: Update on Robinson? Also his recruitment likely one that shuts down when he commits?

Callahan: Tennessee's coaches, and running backs coach Jerry Mack in particular, have done a nice job of recruiting Robinson. But everything I've continued to hear suggests the Vols are still underdogs in that one, and no one has told me think they Tennessee can beat out Georgia and Alabama for him. That's one of those types of battles that's just going to be hard for the Vols to win right now, and a lot of people close to his recruitment have thought for months that Georgia was the team to beat.

You never say never in recruiting, but if he ends up picking Georgia on July 22, I'm not sure what would cause him to reconsider his decision. The Bulldogs already have another highly ranked running back in their class — four-star Jordan James of Murfreesboro, Tenn. — so that's not an issue, and he already has offers from some other big programs like Alabama, Clemson and LSU, and even the in-state schools. Unless there's a staff change that shakes things up, it's hard for me to envision Robinson looking around if he picks Georgia, given how long the Bulldogs have been considered the favorites to land him. But I guess you never know.

BigOrangePumpkin: Update on Robinson? Also his recruitment likely one that shuts down when he commits?

Callahan: Tennessee's coaches, and running backs coach Jerry Mack in particular, have done a nice job of recruiting Robinson. But everything I've continued to hear suggests the Vols are still underdogs in that one, and no one has told me think they Tennessee can beat out Georgia and Alabama for him. That's one of those types of battles that's just going to be hard for the Vols to win right now, and a lot of people close to his recruitment have thought for months that Georgia was the team to beat.

You never say never in recruiting, but if he ends up picking Georgia on July 22, I'm not sure what would cause him to reconsider his decision. The Bulldogs already have another highly ranked running back in their class — four-star Jordan James of Murfreesboro, Tenn. — so that's not an issue, and he already has offers from some other big programs like Alabama, Clemson and LSU, and even the in-state schools. Unless there's a staff change that shakes things up, it's hard for me to envision Robinson looking around if he picks Georgia, given how long the Bulldogs have been considered the favorites to land him. But I guess you never know.
@Big Gucci Sosa Has been saying for a while that this one is basically over lol

I think we are one season of showing that this group can coach till we land a big time back. I am glad we are pursuing Branson, even if we don't land him. Big strong and fast beast fast. The Bama's and Georgia's are good at finding that big fast strong running back. You still can use smaller backs to run short routes out of backfield and even put them in slots. Even the small backs these days that are most effective are super strong and have big thighs and swivel hips. Look no further than Kamara, while he is great in space he is strong enough to run it between the tackles with some success. He don't mind blocking either. Total package type player. Cearly Jones did a horrible job getting Kamara into the offense. Good offensive lines also help out with everything. GBO!!!!!

If this kid goes to UGA or Bama then his NIL could suffer for up to 2 years. It would be much more profitable for him if he could have a breakout freshman season at UT.

Probably thinking more long term to all the money he will likely make in the NFL compared to a few extra bucks in college.

Reactions: Nooga
Probably thinking more long term to all the money he will likely make in the NFL compared to a few extra bucks in college.
So they get some kind of NFL bonus to go to UGA or Bama? NFL scouts find players regardless of which schools they attend.

Reactions: ACvol3
So they get some kind of NFL bonus to go to UGA or Bama? NFL scouts find players regardless of which schools they attend.
I mean I’m as big of vol fan as the next guy, but yes, as RB’s they essentially do. Have you seen the draft recently?

VN Store

Back