'20 MS OT Dylan Spencer

Don’t understand the complaining about stars at this point given where the class is at. It’s basically done. The staff has no reason to waste a spot for a reach, and it’s not like they’re going here because they’re missing on their targets or anything.

Regardless of how many stars he has, if he signs it’s because the staff wants him over other guys, which is more than you can say for the VAST majority of the “100,000” other 2-stars.

If we don't sign anyone else after esd I would still be happy with this class. Anything else is icing. I don't think the coaches would take someone just to fill the class. So if they take this guy I'm pretty confident it's because they see something in him. I would rather take a flier on someone like this than a transfer rental at this point with what we already have coming in.

Most figured we were done along the OL.

Almost wonder if they try to throw him a PWO and just see what happens. We'd be the best program wanting him, by far.

If not, then he must've really showed out for us to blatantly drop Miller and offer him a scholly.

Last edited:
The same people said the exact same things about Jimmy Calloway; and then they were the first ones to b*tch and belly ache when it looked like he could go elsewhere.

Some, wear looking like an a**hole like a badge of honor.
See the Jimmy Calloway thread 👀

Reactions: VolInDayton
Most figured we were done along the OL.

Almost wonder if they try to throw him a PWO and just see what happens. We'd be the best program wanting him, by far.
So do PWOs count against the 25? Or could they come in pay a semester and then get a scholy and only count against the 85?

So do PWOs count against the 25? Or could they come in pay a semester and then get a scholy and only count against the 85?
They don't.

They can get a scholarship after 1 year (2 full semesters) on campus and not count.

Reactions: VolnJC
Not disputing facts here, but last time I checked 1% was 1 out of 100. Not 1 out of 100,000 which was the figure I responded to.

The few I listed are elite NFL players. There are many, many more Unranked or 2* guys on NFL rosters.

For the record, I’m not arguing whether 2* are equal to 5*. Just that 2* can and regularly do make impacts for P5 teams.

This is so true it’s not even funny. People (who don’t even seem to watch the NFL btw) forget that NFL rosters are even littered with players from non-P5 or even lower division schools. Where you went to college has much less to do with which school you play for or conference you play in than the average college football fan realizes. Will it get you that money up front? Maybe.... but it doesn’t really determine if you’ll make it in the league.

Our luck as VOLS, this kid goes to Missouri becomes all sec, goes to the nfl and becomes an all pro, retires and elected to the hall of fame.

Reactions: onevol74

VN Store

Back