'24 MS DL Kamarion Franklin (Ole Miss commit)

Basically if he just wants the biggest bag he probably can get it somewhere other than Tennessee, if he wants good money and to be developed by CRG, and to play sec football he will play here.

Fwiw I like Heupel’s approach for the most part we’re not settling for mediocrity. He’s swinging at top talent at every opportunity. The ones that fit and want to be here will be here. The ones we finish second for are probably looking at us first thing in the portal.

Bidding wars have been going on forever that’s how championships are won like it or not. NIL just made it more in the open and discussed. Before it was done through back doors and McDonald’s bags. You aren’t going to load up on 4 and 5 star kids just because they want to run through the T.
You have to spend the money wise still. A&M spent wildly and that class hasn’t done squat yet. You still have to get players that want to win and are willing to work. It’s a combo of things. Many players and parents still care about academics and other things. Yes some players are looking to see what they can get, but for some of them money isn’t the only thing. Not all recruitments are the same. And players have always made money, but most do not make big bucks. But more can capitalize now on NIL but the majority of players aren’t going to make huge money at this point. That’s why other factors will always be in play. GBO!

You have to spend the money wise still. A&M spent wildly and that class hasn’t done squat yet. You still have to get players that want to win and are willing to work. It’s a combo of things. Many players and parents still care about academics and other things. Yes some players are looking to see what they can get, but for some of them money isn’t the only thing. Not all recruitments are the same. And players have always made money, but most do not make big bucks. But more can capitalize now on NIL but the majority of players aren’t going to make huge money at this point. That’s why other factors will always be in play. GBO!
Great point about A&M but they may be dangerous this year. I’ll offer this point of view… would you rather have the massive depth with highly rated recruits because our NIL is killing it or not? Youre point is spot on that it’s more complex than offering the top 25 players max money and expecting it to work. But Giving Huepel unlimited weapons like jimbo to plug into his system…. We would have much better results I suspect. I think our NIL collective is doing a great job. When we continue having results on the field… we will see closing on more and more “highly rated” players.

Bidding wars have been going on forever that’s how championships are won like it or not. NIL just made it more in the open and discussed. Before it was done through back doors and McDonald’s bags. You aren’t going to load up on 4 and 5 star kids just because they want to run through the T.
I liked it better that way..........to be honest. NIL sucks!

Reactions: TC 83
The NCAA should have been realistic years ago and simply said we don’t have the capacity to fairly monitor boosters at all institutions. If boosters want to pay some of their guys we can’t stop it. They could have said if it comes from within school administration we will penalize. This would have even things out in the power 5 world. Instead of selective enforcement and Lind decision delays.GBO

Why does it suck? Because you used to be able to say he picked the vols because he loves it here and if he didn't it's because they paid?
No. I'm not stupid. Money has ALWAYS been a part of recruiting, and UT did it better than most.

I'm not going to get into an NIL discussion, but let's just say I don't like it.

No. I'm not stupid. Money has ALWAYS been a part of recruiting, and UT did it better than most.

I'm not going to get into an NIL discussion, but let's just say I don't like it.
I like it better than what has evolved of the last 20 years where some folks had the under the table cheating down to a science. The NCAA not being able or willing to fairly investigate all schools. Now it’s all above board, and while most players won’t get rich in college more will at least have a chance at collecting something. And many players still have interest in a degree and getting good coaching. For the few that it’s just all about getting money now them types rarely make it to far and often blow up teams with the it’s all about me attitude. I have no problems with players making some money. But I am glad that we have a coach and staff that knows it is important to have players that are coachable and want to get better and win. And that they make the most of all opportunities in front of them. Some are of the thought that all you need to do is out bid everybody all the time. It’s much more to it than that. Even in the major leagues we have seen teams with the highest payrolls not live up to the hype, we have seen teams with the lowest win it all like the Devil Rays. But it’s more than that it’s finding a group that works hard toward it’s goal that plays together as a team. Knowing the player his background and his parents and what he is looking for. Sizing these things up are vital too building a team. It isn’t one thing more than the other, it is a variety of things. Coaches have a lot on their plate. GBO!

Agree with you but it is what it is!!!
Adapt, or die.
I'll adapt, but don't gotta like it;)

and yes.......I'm biased, because it absolutely kills schools like mine. We lost 7 starters (1 All-American and 4 All- Conference players) to schools like USF, Arizona St, and Texas Tech.

I don't know if this pertains to Franklin but we need the big 3 of Oklahoma, Texas, and A&M to stay down on the field. Those 3 have massive egos and larger than life wallets. If they start getting success again they will start to buy away recruits from us on the trail.

I don't know if this pertains to Franklin but we need the big 3 of Oklahoma, Texas, and A&M to stay down on the field. Those 3 have massive egos and larger than life wallets. If they start getting success again they will start to buy away recruits from us on the trail.
The recruits that are going places for money will go to those schools regardless of how good they are on the field

The thing about this topic some folks keep leaving out on here is that UT is becoming an absolute monster again. It’s very clear and with the expanded playoff we are gonna be there just as much as all those teams you just named if not more. (OU, A&M, Texas). We will be getting who we want as well.

Adapt, or die.
I'll adapt, but don't gotta like it;)

and yes.......I'm biased, because it absolutely kills schools like mine. We lost 7 starters (1 All-American and 4 All- Conference players) to schools like USF, Arizona St, and Texas Tech.
I understand that. And it's sad because Peay was really coming on strong. I'm a fan.

I myself like it because it helps the Vols by giving us a more level playing field vs the NCAA mafia's protected rule-immune schools. I admit it.

I just hope Sabey the cheat and his Senator friends and the Governor of MA, who is the NCAA head now, aren't successful in regulating anything. GA is our NCAA rep on the board: what could go wrong?!

Any talk of regulation imo needs to be proceeded by a conclusive discussion of who is a trustworthy regulator. Who will enforce the rules justly? The NCAA has proven themselves to be concerned only with applying rules unjustly. They are out. A new version of the NCAA (representatives of the universities) with a new name is worse than the NCAA because it has all the same defects with the added insult of attempted deception. The "Superconferences" is a fancy name for a disaster. It just means the extremely biased Birmingham office. The Birmingham refs and Sankey will handle it! Worst of all would be the bribe-eaters and crooks who go under the euphemism "Washington." There is no worthy regulator.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back