'24 MS DL Kamarion Franklin (Ole Miss commit)

In spite of no games being played. But recruiting rankings are SO scientific!

What Rivals did with C. Bradley last year might be the most comical example of this that I've ever seen...he was in the top 50, a 6.0 4* and he had been at this level since the rankings came out for his class...Rivals did an update about a month after he committed to us and he dropped out of the top 100 and down to a 5.9 4*...there were no camps, no games and no new film whatsoever to base this drop on...literally, the ONLY thing that changed from the previous ranking was his commitment status

What Rivals did with C. Bradley last year might be the most comical example of this that I've ever seen...he was in the top 50, a 6.0 4* and he had been at this level since the rankings came out for his class...Rivals did an update about a month after he committed to us and he dropped out of the top 100 and down to a 5.9 4*...there were no camps, no games and no new film whatsoever to base this drop on...literally, the ONLY thing that changed from the previous ranking was his commitment status
Chandavian dropped that far on every site lol

In spite of no games being played. But recruiting rankings are SO scientific!
He does not seem to be drawing interest from the right programs like Bama, Clemson, UGA, and OSU. It could be as little as one of those programs privately telling one of the recruiting sites that he isn't high on their board. The rankings have a strong circular reasoning element in them. Players pursued by programs that typically finish high in the rankings get more consideration for a higher ranking... meaning those teams finish high in the rankings... and repeat.

If your in the business of selling subscriptions and monetizing clicks then honoring the effectiveness of those few programs at winning and placing guys in the NFL just makes good business sense. And since they are NEVER truly held accountable for how inaccurate they are with other players... there's no cost for doing it.

Miami and Auburn don't garner that kind of respect right now. UT may soon but not now. This kid just has "4* programs" chasing him.

He does not seem to be drawing interest from the right programs like Bama, Clemson, UGA, and OSU. It could be as little as one of those programs privately telling one of the recruiting sites that he isn't high on their board. The rankings have a strong circular reasoning element in them. Players pursued by programs that typically finish high in the rankings get more consideration for a higher ranking... meaning those teams finish high in the rankings... and repeat.

If your in the business of selling subscriptions and monetizing clicks then honoring the effectiveness of those few programs at winning and placing guys in the NFL just makes good business sense. And since they are NEVER truly held accountable for how inaccurate they are with other players... there's no cost for doing it.

Miami and Auburn don't garner that kind of respect right now. UT may soon but not now. This kid just has "4* programs" chasing him.
So it’s Kirby’s fault if players drop in rankings after committing to us? And he learned this from Satan? Makes sense.

Reactions: Smokey19rt
So it’s Kirby’s fault if players drop in rankings after committing to us? And he learned this from Satan? Makes sense.
If that is what you took from reading that... you have serious comprehension problems.

NOTHING should have led you to that conclusion except maybe a determination to misconstrue the point and avoid it.

Reactions: LibertyVol
Chandavian dropped that far on every site lol
He was 5 star on what site briefly.

And then he dropped for no reason. Had a pretty good senior year, but didn't really rise in rankings.

Can't wait to see this kid compete with Herring and Pearce!

If that is what you took from reading that... you have serious comprehension problems.

NOTHING should have led you to that conclusion except maybe a determination to misconstrue the point and avoid it.
GOODNESS! I was partially joking! I have excellent reading comprehension. You said the recruiting services drop players if someone tells them they are not high on their board. I’m also really good at drawing conclusions…. This could be used to make your competitors rankings drop and yours rise. Kirby has publicly downplayed Tennessee’s success. He learned a lot from Saban or Satan….It was not an attack on your intelligence.

For the record per @SweetasSoda's remark:
....It could be as little as one of those programs [Bama, Clemson, UGA, and OSU] privately telling one of the recruiting sites that he isn't high on their board....

Also, this is not an appropriate forum for a critique of capitalism:

Last edited:
For the record per @SweetasSoda's remark:

Also, this is not an appropriate forum for a critique of capitalism:
Huh? This isn't a critique of capitalism. The fact is that the recruiting sites are FOR PAY BUSINESSES. They do NOT make their money by being accurate. They make their money by getting subscribers and clicks. Their motives are COMPLETELY relevant to how they go about deciding who gets "stars" and who does not.

GOODNESS! I was partially joking! I have excellent reading comprehension. You said the recruiting services drop players if someone tells them they are not high on their board. I’m also really good at drawing conclusions…. This could be used to make your competitors rankings drop and yours rise. Kirby has publicly downplayed Tennessee’s success. He learned a lot from Saban or Satan….It was not an attack on your intelligence.
Sorry if I misunderstood the line of reasoning through your posts.

He needs to. We have to consistently aquire elite pieces for the defense to ever be elite. You can field an elite offense through scheme and execution if you have elite QB play, but defense requires elite athletes all over the field.
100% agree with you. Hence why UGA fields a great defense. It's their Jimmies and Joes.

Reactions: bigl3327
This kid is elite no doubt. His first step is fast, quick and strong initial punch. Tends to anchor his feet to push and create a base instead of keeping the feet moving at times. Strong for his size too. He has plenty of room in his frame, to add weight. Wherever he goes, he should be a contributor his freshman year and a potential starter his sophomore year

VN Store

Back