Mr Robot (USA Network)

it seemed a lot like the old waking from a bad dream ending to me. Felt like it discounted a lot of the social message.

Not a series finale, but the self discovery scenario you described is pretty much what happened to Bernard in Westworld

I know what you're saying, I just think the big reveal was unique enough that the underlying reality isn't real trope didn't feel tired to me.

For about the final 30 of episode 11 I thought we were headed for a terrible end, but then the end of that episode hooked me. Then the last 30 of 12 had me feeling down on it again. 13 pulled it all together nicely, I thought.

FWIW, my wife quit watching in season 2 and watched episode 13 with me and she was all about it.

it seemed a lot like the old waking from a bad dream ending to me. Felt like it discounted a lot of the social message.

Not a series finale, but the self discovery scenario you described is pretty much what happened to Bernard in Westworld

Somehow I missed this before. I would say it's pretty different to find out you're AI (which has been done...it was a big theme in Battlestar Galactica) who goes on existing and to find out you're an intangible parasite who must cease to exist.

Reactions: VolunteerHillbilly
I binged the final season this weekend.

I generally loved the last season even though I had to go back and read some summaries because some of the stuff I had forgotten about. I didn't care for the second part of the finale. I didn't hate it but it just felt like a whole lot of exposition and I was kind of bored by the end of it. But it didn't ruin the season or series or anything for me.

VN Store

Back