Movies you've seen recently II

He was OK at best. The jokes made by others about him were pretty funny.
Had me rolling. He, Glazer and Jeffrey Ross were the only participants who brought the mean spirit of the best Roasts. Loved when Gilbert Gottfried and Greg Girard would scorch the poor schlub being “honored”.

Reactions: BadJerry20
My bet, you won’t like it. It’s an eye candy, nostalgia movie. Not much for a creative plot or story. It’s just fun and not much else.
Well..I actually like mindless popcorn muncher movies like that sometimes. I didn't watch it tonight though, we went and watched Christopher Robin...which brings me too...

Christopher Robin....7.5/10

Beautifully made family movie, it was just a little too long for what it was.

Ready Player One: 6.5/10
I really wasn't sure what to expect based off the previews. Went into it open minded. It was a fun, entertaining movie.

A Quiet Place: 7.5/10
This was actually a pretty well done horror movie. The only real weakness I felt it had was the daughter.

Ready Player One: 6.5/10
I really wasn't sure what to expect based off the previews. Went into it open minded. It was a fun, entertaining movie.

A Quiet Place: 7.5/10
This was actually a pretty well done horror movie. The only real weakness I felt it had was the daughter.
My wife and kids watched the quiet place last week, they enjoyed it.

I watched a stupid ass movie last night on netflix, Life After Beth. I watched it because it has Aubrey Plaza and Anna Kendrick in it.

Ready Player One....9/10

Loved it..just a pure fun movie..exactly what it was supposed to be..and Spielberg is the best at it.

I despise the glum and gloom loving hordes that desire "real" life chaos and entropy in everything. I grew up in a world of entertainment where good always wins, heroes don't die, and the boy always got the girl.

Maybe that is Opie-ish, but I don't care. In a entertainment world dominated and obscured by foggy gray ambiguity, it is refreshing to have at least some black and white stories where the lines are clearly drawn...even if it is just a stupid fun movie.

Plus I grew up in the late 70s and 80s so the nostalgia was just perfect. I loved this movie, it made me feel 14 again.

Last edited:
Mission Impossible:Fallout 8/10. Lots of fun. The only part that really had me shaking my head was the helicopter chase.

Reactions: TNVolGirl
Murder on the Orient Express....8/10

I love movies like this when they are done well, and this one was well done indeed. It has been at least 35 years since I read an Agatha Christie novel, and this has inspired me to go pick up some Hercule Poirot novels.

Eighth Grade ... 9/10

The best example of how the reality of being a teenager can be funnier (and better) than movies like American Pie. The girl that plays Kayla is great.

Reactions: bignewt
Death Wish - I enjoyed it for what it was, but constantly though Willis was the wrong actor.
We've been watching him for 30 years in "proffesional badass" roles. It was weird watching him as the complete opposite...

A quiet place..8/10

I really enjoyed it..but..

I thought killing off the dad was extraneous after the horror of the first few minutes, it would have been nice to see them as a family overcome that, instead of killing him off, especially sincethey had the answer already, but just didn't know it

Avengers: Infinity War 9/10

Finally got around to watching this and it was really good, didn't feel as cluttered as Civil War, did a much better job focusing on a sh*t ton of characters. Thanos did not disappoint. A couple things I didn't like, I didn't care that anybody died cause they tried to make me care.
Spideys (comparably) slow death actually made me chuckle.
and
I was sad Widow lived, cause let's be honest she would get annihilated in this war.

Last edited:
Avengers: Infinity War 9/10

Finally got around to watching this and it was really good, didn't feel as cluttered as Civil War, did a much better job focusing on a sh*t ton of characters. Thanos did not disappoint. A couple things I didn't like, I didn't care that anybody died cause they tried to make me care.
Spideys (comparably) slow death actually made me chuckle.
and
I was sad Widow lived, cause let's be honest she would get annihilated in this war.
I hope you pee yourself for that first spoiler!

Thanks is probably the best "vilian" in any of these types of movies.

VN Store

Back