Movies you've seen recently II

If you haven't seen it, check out Revenge on there. It's like the French version of I Spit on Your Grave, but way more bloody and has some great cinematography. I've heard great things, yet to watch it, about Belzebuth too. Others that I really liked on there Mayhem, Tigers Are Not Afraid, Terrified, The Wailing.

Revenge, from 2018 with Ingrid Lutz?

Reactions: BadJerry20
El Camino was good. Satisfying sequel

On a related note, Woody Harrelson was on Maron's pod and El Camino came up. Woody hadn't heard of it and he showed the unbridled enthusiasm of a fanboy. He was tickled pink. It was cool to have a celebrity, particularly a guy who is old guard, react like that

If you haven't seen it, check out Revenge on there. It's like the French version of I Spit on Your Grave, but way more bloody and has some great cinematography. I've heard great things, yet to watch it, about Belzebuth too. Others that I really liked on there Mayhem, Tigers Are Not Afraid, Terrified, The Wailing.
Just watched the first creep show with grey matter and head house. I liked grey matter but the house one was meh

My dumb ass already rented t on iTunes before I looked. I’m sure it’s there.

As for the movie, why they took it in that direction after the ending of the first one is lame. I mean, the ending to LLC was great...this expanded feel good story......lame

Yeah it was just a money grab since the first done well. I only watched 2 because I liked 1, and only watched 3 because at the point might as well see how it ends.

I don't consider it a spoiler, but you might so read at your own risk.

The whole part about why she was seeking revenge pissed me off because she shouldn't have lived through that. I know its just a movie, but it would have been really good to me if they hadn't taken that so far.

Jmo.

Spider-Man Far From Home...

Hard for me to really score it. Parts I really liked and some I was luke warm to. For one thing I made the mistake of watching Euphoria on HBO before this, so now it is hard to see Zendaya as anything but a recovering drug addict 🤪... When Mysterio first attacks Spider-Man that scene is just incredible... I want spider to get away from Stark tech... most importantly I want Peter Parker to have a SECRET id.

I don't consider it a spoiler, but you might so read at your own risk.

The whole part about why she was seeking revenge pissed me off because she shouldn't have lived through that. I know its just a movie, but it would have been really good to me if they hadn't taken that so far.

Jmo.

IDK I've pulled 4 tree trunks out of me and lived. Lol It was pretty over the top at times, but that's kind of why I liked it.

Reactions: bigdaddy and Behr
Spider-Man Far From Home...

Hard for me to really score it. Parts I really liked and some I was luke warm to. For one thing I made the mistake of watching Euphoria on HBO before this, so now it is hard to see Zendaya as anything but a recovering drug addict 🤪... When Mysterio first attacks Spider-Man that scene is just incredible... I want spider to get away from Stark tech... most importantly I want Peter Parker to have a SECRET id.

I get that he has basically replaced Uncle Ben, but I really want Spiderman away from anything Stark related period. I like Holland as Spidey, I'm unsure how I actually feel about this Spiderman though. I really dislike this version of MJ and Flash. The jokes were very hit or miss, mostly miss for me. As for the secret ID I agree, but first somebody has to teach Peter that he needs to stop taking off the mask every other scene. Lol

IDK I've pulled 4 tree trunks out of me and lived. Lol It was pretty over the top at times, but that's kind of why I liked it.

I liked it, just wish I'd known it was gonna be that kind of movie. Didn't know the bish was Michael Myers sister.

I get that he has basically replaced Uncle Ben, but I really want Spiderman away from anything Stark related period. I like Holland as Spidey, I'm unsure how I actually feel about this Spiderman though. I really dislike this version of MJ and Flash. The jokes were very hit or miss, mostly miss for me. As for the secret ID I agree, but first somebody has to teach Peter that he needs to stop taking off the mask every other scene. Lol

I swear I think this is something agents demand in these contracts so their actor gets as much face time as possible. I absolutely hate that every villain in every Spider-Man movie to date has discovered Peter’s ID. In this case it was just known at their first formal introduction. Im also not a fan of Aunt May knowing. So many people know it’s gotten out of hand that there is no shock when it is revealed someone knows. Now they’ve had to up the ante and I just don’t care for it.

I agree about Holland. I think he is probably the best Peter Parker to date. I liked the riff with Tony and now his legacy but I prefer Spidey as a hard luck Street level character.

As for supporting cast. I ignore the name MJ. It’s a different character than Mary Jane. Has a different name with same initials.

I actually like aspects of Flash in this world. Although I think making him another smart kid removes classic nerd vs jock dynamic of the original.

I agree with everything you said, and that's why I don't like this Flash. He's a smart kid that's not as smart as Peter, and usually gets shutdown when he cracks on him. It kills the Flash/Peter dynamic for me.

It Chapter 2 8.5/10, wow they really threw the kitchen sink at this one. Loved the monster designs, reminded me of the Twilight Zone movie. Was it too long? yes, but I really appreciated the swing for the fences mentality. Better than the first one. Great casting too. The changed ending from the book while not that imaginative worked. I loved the digs at the writer how everyone hates his endings, a la King himself.

Reactions: Big Gucci Sosa
"I said put the bunny back in the box" Nicolas Cage is an American icon😄.

Watching Con Air again 6/10
John Malkovich ruined that movie for me. He’s ruined every movie except Red and Red 2. He’s just not a very good actor and I don’t get his appeal.

John Malkovich ruined that movie for me. He’s ruined every movie except Red and Red 2. He’s just not a very good actor and I don’t get his appeal.
I liked him in "In the Line of Fire", but not a huge fan.

VN Store

Back