Most Satisfying Win 2019

#1--Vandy--UT has won all but 6 since 1976

#1a--UK--UT has won all but 3 since 1976

77-9 against those 2 teams since my freshman year of high school.

Streaks--22 straight against Vandy, 26 straight against UK during that time period.

These are 2 teams that should never, EVER beat UT.
I'm 57, and can remember when it was downright blasphemous to imagine either of them, much less BOTH of them ever beating the Vols.

#1b--USCjr--HATE Muschimp. Most snarky, condescending POS I've ever seen on the sidelines, and I remember Woody freaking Hayes.

1. USClite - Muschamp
2. Vandy - Love to shut up the elitists
3. Indiana - come back to shut down Big whatever number they are these days and bowl game to start off our next decade of dominance.

Reactions: LittleVol
What was the most satisfying win for you in 2019 and why?

For me it was the Vandy win. I sat in Vandy stadium in 2018 and watched the Vandy faithful dancing in the isles as they were laying the beatdown on my Vols in the 4th quarter. That game was a low point for me (lowest until GA ST) and I hoped that Pruitt and staff would get it turned around in 2019. Well we all know how 2019 turned out. At 1-4 I was terribly worried about our Vols but they turned it around and made me proud to be a Vol fan. The Vandy win in 2019 was one more marker that we will once again be a power in the conference. Yes the USC jr, Mizzou, KY and Miss St wins were good, but never in the recent history of the Vandy/UT series had we lost so many games to them as we had in the last 5 years (prior to 2019).

In 2020 we may wind up being third in the SEC east again but that is a far cry from where we have been in the last 10 years. At least some respect and maybe some fear will be seen in the eyes of the opponent in 2020 and beyond.

Edit: Second for me was Mizzou because they have owned the series since entering the SEC. Third was USC jr because Muschimp is a jerk.

Go Vols!

There really wasn't a "satisfying" win. I reserve that designation for UGA/UF/BAMA

there were a lot of "I cant believe we f'ing lost" and "I cant believe we almost f'ing lost" games tho

there were a couple "meh" games against teams we should beat and did

I'm with most everybody else....USCjr was the most satisfying...mainly because from this point forward I don't think we lose to them again while we have Pruitt and they have Muschamp.

Kicking the shi$ out of the Big 10...one point win... Let's put this in perspective; Ohio State beat Indiana by 40 points, on Indiana's home field.
Ohio state QB played good from the start ours didn't. And to OP, the south Carolina game was it for me bc it showed what we could do if everyone is hitting on all cylinders.

I'm with most everybody else....USCjr was the most satisfying...mainly because from this point forward I don't think we lose to them again while we have Pruitt and they have Muschamp.

Yessss. Muschump's dooshy comments about the fans at Neyland when he beat us with FL makes it a lot sweeter.

I liked our final record, but didn't love it.... at all.
None of our wins were satisfying! We had to squeak by on those, that I anticipate will be beat downs in the next several years.
I will have to pick the Bowl game...…….Not because it was satisfying, but that we didn't give up. It wasn't just luck on the On-side kick, it was PRACTICE & WORK that paid off and the players realize that all the time they spent on that, PAID OFF.

I'll take a WIN, but I always want more!

Reactions: MemphisVol77
South Carolina was my most satisfying win because I was there and I took my nephew who recently moved to Nashville with his family from Raleigh to his first Neyland Stadium game.

Participated in all the rituals-campus tour, tailgating, Vol Walk, POTS salute to the Hill, post-game trip to the Student Center and Volshop, hit a few bars on Cumberland and in the Old City. Lifetime Vol fan so it was pretty magical for him.

Plus it doesn't get much more satisfying than annihilating Muschamp.

Reactions: MemphisVol77
The television folks asked us to keep it entertaining..........

By chance, are you the negative clown who sat next to me and left with 10 minutes remaining on the clock?
No, I would never go to to see Indiana play football. Must have been someone else....

Probably Missouri. I had that game down as a loss before the season and JG had a career day along with 3 wideouts over 100 yards for the first time ever.

Reactions: Volinnooga
That's actually a very interesting question because, happy as I was with all 8 of our wins, none of them really felt very "satisfying" because I never thought we played well in any of them. I certainly never felt like we played a complete game. I guess USC and Vandy would be my answers because with USC we finally got the Muschamp monkey off our backs and with Vandy because we finally restored order within the state.

I’m with you. I felt the most proud from the Bama loss than any of our wins. The only game that gave me hope in otherwise disappointing year. In that lose I saw a glimmer of hope. That was the best they played all year and looked like an SEC team. It was the only game that came close to erasing the terrible losses...almost...

Kicking the shi$ out of the Big 10...one point win... Let's put this in perspective; Ohio State beat Indiana by 40 points, on Indiana's home field.

You mean, the OSU team that went 13-0, won the Big 10, made the playoffs and almost (really should have) beat Clemson? And oh yeah, had the runner up for the Heisman at QB.

Vs a 7-5 Vol team. Do you have a point? Cause I'm not seeing it.

This individual has no perspective of the team that were fielding at the moment. Let’s look... there we’re only Three Seniors on the Defense. The whole defense NOT just the starters. Two true sophomores start at CB. A true freshman manning the middle. With a lot of times where there were two true freshman’s In at the same time playing. Our pass rush was hard sledding off the ends. Schematically using blitz packages where timing the blitz at crucial times. Was coming from Dbs, safeties or linebackers. I’ll be quick with the offense NEW OFFENSE!!!! Again!!!! Two true freshman Tackles WOW and Trey Smith blood condition and not able to practice. No continuity!!! AND QB !!! Oh, I guess they had a problem going toe to toe that late in the game with Bama also... VFL

#1--Vandy--UT has won all but 6 since 1976

#1a--UK--UT has won all but 3 since 1976

77-9 against those 2 teams since my freshman year of high school.

Streaks--22 straight against Vandy, 26 straight against UK during that time period.

These are 2 teams that should never, EVER beat UT.
I'm 57, and can remember when it was downright blasphemous to imagine either of them, much less BOTH of them ever beating the Vols.

This is an interesting point. While I completely agree with you, it begs the question of why those teams should then be in the SEC. I don't think we (or other teams for that matter) should have yearly opponents that "should never, EVER beat UT." I guess there's not much you can do about it, but it just weakens the conference.

VN Store

Back