Most Satisfying Win 2019

Most important was MSST because they realized they could actually win if they played hard when their backs were against the wall.
Most exciting was KY because we truly held on for a win
The most satisfying was USC, seeing the players and Muschamp walk in like banty roosters and walk out like whipped dogs was glorious

Mizzou. I was there with my 3 brothers, 1 of my sons, 6 of my nieces and nephews and 2 of their friends.

We had a blast.

There was a Mizzou fan that sounded just like a woman. I told my brother that it was a guy. After he verified he told me he thought I was making it up.

The most significant was the Indiana win. Not so much who we beat, but how it happened. Nice spring board to a new decade.

Was nice to finally beat Missouri and that defense. SC and Ky wins were nice too. I can't believe we're having to pick from these wins lol

How can you possibly claim we were "disrespected?" That's ridiculous.

Lol not sure what you mean. Everyone counted us out, including most of our fans. Never said it wasn't warranted, if that's what you're thinking... but we were obviously not a respected team. Even as we started playing better, we were projected to lose against teams we had been playing better than for weeks, thanks to the stink of Ga St and BYU. I remember one radio guy was talking about some player's stats and when their game against UT came up, he said "he had a good game, but its Tennessee, so we all know how that goes." He didnt say that about the Missouris and Kentuckys. Disrespect, warranted or not.

What was the most satisfying win for you in 2019 and why?

For me it was the Vandy win. I sat in Vandy stadium in 2018 and watched the Vandy faithful dancing in the isles as they were laying the beatdown on my Vols in the 4th quarter. That game was a low point for me (lowest until GA ST) and I hoped that Pruitt and staff would get it turned around in 2019. Well we all know how 2019 turned out. At 1-4 I was terribly worried about our Vols but they turned it around and made me proud to be a Vol fan. The Vandy win in 2019 was one more marker that we will once again be a power in the conference. Yes the USC jr, Mizzou, KY and Miss St wins were good, but never in the recent history of the Vandy/UT series had we lost so many games to them as we had in the last 5 years (prior to 2019).

In 2020 we may wind up being third in the SEC east again but that is a far cry from where we have been in the last 10 years. At least some respect and maybe some fear will be seen in the eyes of the opponent in 2020 and beyond.

Edit: Second for me was Mizzou because they have owned the series since entering the SEC. Third was USC jr because Muschimp is a jerk.

Go Vols!
The Uscjr game. Because we finally beat Muschamp and blew them out!
Honorable mention- Mizzou. Happy to get revenge on the team I don't think belongs in the SEC.

Last edited by a moderator:
I seriously hope people aren't posting/fawning over clips like this in the future. I get that we didn't make a bowl in '18 ... Do other schools raise trophies from meaningless bowl game victories? This is embarrassing.

We fans and the guys on our team have for too long known nothing but losing miserably. And you want to take that little ray of joy from them? When you've been a castaway on some food-poor island, forced to gag-eat only coconut crabs, washed up on the beach fish and drink coconut water; then finally be rescued. No wonder you'd enjoy half a biscuit and somebody's leftover bacon rind and half a glass of milk. Starvation makes you appreciate things you might otherwise wouldn't.

Vols team, congratulation on being a team that doesn't quit. Despite some fans quitting on you and mocking what was your finest hour of 2019. A good number of us share your joy and thank you for a bowl victory nobody believed you'd qualify for. GO VOLS!!!!!!!!!!

I would say Mississippi State was big. First of all Kylin Hill at the time was thought to be one of if not the best Running backs in the SEC. Tennessee made him look like a bumbling idiot. Also it was the turning point for both Moorhead and Pruitt's seasons. It was the game where Pruitt's seat started cooling down and Moorhead's started getting warm. By season's end Pruitt had salvaged what looked at first to be a disasterous season. Moorhead on the other hand well we see what happened with him.

My favorite though was South Carolina. For a while I had said Tenneessee needed to wipe that stupid look off Muschamp's face. Not only did they do that that they left him with a newer and stupider look.

We fans and the guys on our team have for too long known nothing but losing miserably. And you want to take that little ray of joy from them? When you've been a castaway on some food-poor island, forced to gag-eat only coconut crabs, washed up on the beach fish and drink coconut water; then finally be rescued. No wonder you'd enjoy half a biscuit and somebody's leftover bacon rind and half a glass of milk. Starvation makes you appreciate things you might otherwise wouldn't.

Vols team, congratulation on being a team that doesn't quit. Despite some fans quitting on you and mocking what was your finest hour of 2019. A good number of us share your joy and thank you for a bowl victory nobody believed you'd qualify for. GO VOLS!!!!!!!!!!

This is about the most melodramatic analogy you could have pitched.

Reactions: Boca Vol
Yes. Seriously. Are there clips of UF/AL/UGA raising trophies for their bowls at basketball games? Maybe there are, and I don't know. Maybe it's common place. But I think it's dumb.
This post season was all about finishing the season and getting ready for next.
The extra practices were critical.
And celebrating and lifting the trophy was practice for next years new year day six bowl and in 2021 the NC. The boys need that practice too

Reactions: MemphisVol77
That's actually a very interesting question because, happy as I was with all 8 of our wins, none of them really felt very "satisfying" because I never thought we played well in any of them. I certainly never felt like we played a complete game. I guess USC and Vandy would be my answers because with USC we finally got the Muschamp monkey off our backs and with Vandy because we finally restored order within the state.

Last edited:
SC slightly ahead of Vandy, both needed put back in their place with a dose of reality. It was like watching the jester sit in the Kings throne bragging about his accomplishment.

Vandy because we need to beat them and we did.
South Carolina is number two because I really enjoyed the stunned look on Muschamps face
Third on the list would be Missouri should've beat them more than we have maybe we can get a streak going
Fourth Kentucky was a game I was definitely worried we would lose.

Candy because I live here in the Mid-State and have to hear about them all the freaking time. Plus all my coworkers ride the heck out of me when we lose. Also, last year, the kids and I went to Candy and watched that debacle. We also went this year and throughly enjoyed watching that game even in the rain!!! GBO

South Carolina was important for recruiting I think. But I’m gonna have to say......Missouri.....They actually think that they owned us and the beatings were bad. They were to cocky and have no respect for Tennessee...I’m a truck driver and mizzoree driving is bad enough. But to drive down the interstate looking at all those billboards. Make me sick to think that they are so full of themselves.

VN Store

Back