Most Satisfying Win 2019

South Carolina because like most I was tried of hearing about the Muschamp curse over Tennessee.
As far as Ohio over Indiana by 40. With a better QB the Vols would have should have been up by 21 in the 1st quarter.

Attachments

• bzgRc7o7_400x400.jpg
    bzgRc7o7_400x400.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 5
What was the most satisfying win for you in 2019 and why?

For me it was the Vandy win. I sat in Vandy stadium in 2018 and watched the Vandy faithful dancing in the isles as they were laying the beatdown on my Vols in the 4th quarter. That game was a low point for me (lowest until GA ST) and I hoped that Pruitt and staff would get it turned around in 2019. Well we all know how 2019 turned out. At 1-4 I was terribly worried about our Vols but they turned it around and made me proud to be a Vol fan. The Vandy win in 2019 was one more marker that we will once again be a power in the conference. Yes the USC jr, Mizzou, KY and Miss St wins were good, but never in the recent history of the Vandy/UT series had we lost so many games to them as we had in the last 5 years (prior to 2019).

In 2020 we may wind up being third in the SEC east again but that is a far cry from where we have been in the last 10 years. At least some respect and maybe some fear will be seen in the eyes of the opponent in 2020 and beyond.

Edit: Second for me was Mizzou because they have owned the series since entering the SEC. Third was USC jr because Muschimp is a jerk.

Go Vols!
South Carolina. There was a jackass SC fan in front of me so when he left early, I loved it. Plus, every UT fan around him gave him hell on his way out after we scored on the blocked punt. Also, Muschamp, no other words need to be said about that.

What was the most satisfying win for you in 2019 and why?

For me it was the Vandy win. I sat in Vandy stadium in 2018 and watched the Vandy faithful dancing in the isles as they were laying the beatdown on my Vols in the 4th quarter. That game was a low point for me (lowest until GA ST) and I hoped that Pruitt and staff would get it turned around in 2019. Well we all know how 2019 turned out. At 1-4 I was terribly worried about our Vols but they turned it around and made me proud to be a Vol fan. The Vandy win in 2019 was one more marker that we will once again be a power in the conference. Yes the USC jr, Mizzou, KY and Miss St wins were good, but never in the recent history of the Vandy/UT series had we lost so many games to them as we had in the last 5 years (prior to 2019).

In 2020 we may wind up being third in the SEC east again but that is a far cry from where we have been in the last 10 years. At least some respect and maybe some fear will be seen in the eyes of the opponent in 2020 and beyond.

Edit: Second for me was Mizzou because they have owned the series since entering the SEC. Third was USC jr because Muschimp is a jerk.

Go Vols!
USCjr

Kentucky because even when the season is just so so or bad, we can always count on that W. SCAR is a real close second and should probably be first. Bituli's stuff on the goal line in the KY game was my favorite play of the year BTW.
Multiple goal line stops vs USCjr.

South Carolina for me due to Muschamp and then Missouri as I really think they do quite a few cheap shots on defense and Dooley of course.

Multiple goal line stops vs USCjr.

Yeah, the defense was great in the second half especially but feel the offense was the biggest factor in the win. The UK game was just an old-fashioned slobber knocker. I thought we were doomed after the Chandler fumble but remembered as did Bituli that we were playing Kentucky. Kentucky was the best team we beat all year IMO.

Reactions: MemphisVol77
It probably won’t make many lists, but honestly beating Miss State in the middle of the gauntlet part of the schedule may have been as important as any. It was no great win, but it showed we at least could play a little.
I was thinking that the way we beat Mississippi State was the most satisfying. We were up a field goal when we got the ball with about 8 minutes left. We went on a 9 play, 91 yard drive that took 5:44 off the clock and made it a 10 point game with 2 and half minutes left. Sadly, we didn't do anything like that again the rest of the season (putting the defense back on the field that last time against Kentucky was practically abuse).

It was also very satisfying to beat Muschamp, Missouri, and Vandy, though.

Probably Mizzou because I find it unbelievable we've not beat them more than we have.

1: Cade Mays
2: HB on ESD
3: hopefully a new #1 after the press conference at noon.

VN Store

Back