Most popular team by state

Lost all credibility with the Marlins being there for the State of Florida.

They aren’t even the most popular franchise in Miami

And the Astros over the Cowboys in Texas? I live here...no way (and I’m not a Cowboys or Astros fan).

Reactions: vol66
We missed the most glaring one of all.

The Seattle SuperSonics don’t even exist anymore
They have the Supersonics on there and the OKC Thunder which is what the Supersonics became. This map is dumb.

Sox over Cubs, no way.
Astros over Cowboys, ain't happening
Chargers in CA, no
Marlins, really?
Chiefs should be #1 in Kansas and Missouri, or Jayhawks

Reactions: savannahfan
I guess there are quite a few people from Boston that move to Alaska? Ole Piss and Miss state fans are so torn they root for the Vols?

This has to be quite dated. No way I'm buying UT is the most popular team in Mississippi. Maybe on the 90s and early 00s. But now? I doubt it.

I wonder who it would be at this point. Ole Miss (maybe) Personally I would go with LSU or Bama.

I also, find it fascinating that my beloved vols are the only team to win 2 states..... just saying!!!

Dobbs for Heisman!!

EDIT : on second look the Pats have 3 states. Dang, I really thought we all something to brag about! At least we have not been caught taping practices!!!! y e t
I live in MS. I see more Ole Miss, MS St, even Memphis plates & stickers than TN, although they do have their fair share.

Lost all credibility with the Marlins being there for the State of Florida.

They aren’t even the most popular franchise in Miami

Considering how much of a baseball state Missouri is, I’m doubtful of the Blues being more popular than both the Cardinals and the Royals...(especially as around a decade ago the Blues’ advertisement catchphrase was “we’re working to win you back.”)

Last edited:
I’m sorry but I don’t agree with a lot of those. The Chargers over the Lakers? The Bills over the Yankees or Giants? The Astros over the Cowboys? The White Sox over the Cubs? Doesn’t seem very credible.

I also, find it fascinating that my beloved vols are the only team to win 2 states..... just saying!!!

Dobbs for Heisman!!

EDIT : on second look the Pats have 3 states. Dang, I really thought we all something to brag about! At least we have not been caught taping practices!!!! y e t
You missed the Broncos too

VN Store

Back