Most overrated

And how many playoff games have they actually won since 2000??

My point is that they're over-rated and over-ranked because they play in a VERY WEAK CONFERENCE!!
LSU beat them by 28 points this year....EDIT: 35 POINTS.....and this was one of OU's better teams over the last 10 years!

Florida, Auburn, Alabama, and UGA all played LSU tougher than OK did....
And OK got beaten by Kansas State who BARELY beat a 6-6 Miss. State team in Starkville this year....

JUST SAYIN.....

Hell, go put Florida, UGA, Auburn, or even the VOLS out in the Big 12 and see how many times OK makes the playoffs....

You guys ought to be thankful that aTm and Mizzou joined the SEC....
Mizzou would've worn you guys out last year fo sho
Someone seems slightly triggered.

I would say USC is a tad overrated

SC has given back more national championships than most programs have ever won. They have more money than the Golden Domers. They have hit on a dry spell due to sanctions designed to hurt them and it did. But they'll be back as soon as they get this last season under Helton over with, book it. I don't think they're overrated at all.

Last edited:
PROGRAMS:

Ohio Stank, Wisconsin, Texas (one of the best recruiting bases out there), Oklahoma (since 2000), ND--since '89, VTech, Oregon, Boise State, Michigan (since '99).....USC.....Washington.....

COACH:

GENE CHIZIK....hands down.......... unpopular but true---Tee Martin....
MUSCHAMP

PLAYERS:

Jalen Hurts....Justin Fields.....Jake Fromme.....RB Richardson from Alabama....

Jalen Hurts? Justin Fields?

Jalen Hurts? Justin Fields?
Yes.....Hurts is the most over-rated QB in the game today.....
Fields is WAY over-rated, too.

It's just a prediction that makes everyone think I'm crazy....

But I did predict---WAY back in the day, that Arian Foster would be the ONLY UT back of his time to have success in the NFL....People thought I was totally nuts then, too.

So I'm used to it....

Yes.....Hurts is the most over-rated QB in the game today.....
Fields is WAY over-rated, too.

It's just a prediction that makes everyone think I'm crazy....

But I did predict---WAY back in the day, that Arian Foster would be the ONLY UT back of his time to have success in the NFL....People thought I was totally nuts then, too.

So I'm used to it....
Jamal Lewis says hold my coffee

thJS2TYI66.jpg

Jamal Lewis says hold my coffee

View attachment 254502

Arian Foster played from 2005-2008......that's 6 years AFTER Lewis finished at UT....Can you not count????? or read??????

Name me ANY RB at UT from 2005--2008 to make the pro-bowl other than Foster...just one....if you can...

Or let me make it easier....just name one UT RB who played between 2005-2008 who has over 200 carries in the NFL at all???? --other than Foster

Richardson? Say what you will about his NFL career, but to say that he was overrated in college is delusional. Richardson was phenomenal in college.

I agree...he was great in college behind Bama's OL and splitting carries with some other good RBs, too.
But he was a BUST in the NFL....therefore----OVER-RATED.

It's why I listed Hurts, Fields, and Fromme as being over-rated, too.

Hurts has improved throwing a little....but LSU exposed him for being nothing more than a GREAT athlete trying to play QB....
If he can't run himself out of trouble---his team loses. Hurts went to the perfect conference in the Big-12 that enabled him to dominate pathetic, and SOFT defenses....
Anyone who drafts Hurts as a QB in the NFL is just plain stupid.
Tebow was WAY BETTER than Hurts...and it didn't really work out for him in the NFL.

Fields can't handle the pressure....can't read defenses....and can't make it thru his progressions....
He had guys open all over the field against Clem in this year's playoff game....but he failed to recognize PRE-SNAP who was gonna be open on the play. (and I'm glad he did).
That's a very good indicator for determining if he has the ability to play at the next level.
Ohio State coasts thru the BIG 10 conference because they're better at almost every position than their competition....but that doesn't mean their QBs are good enough to make it in the NFL.
Fields has the arm strength....but....

And Fromme is an enigma to me. If this year is any indicator---he's done...
It happens....Fromme has had a VERY GOOD supporting cast to play with on offense.....but when UGA needed him to lead them to victory when it mattered most at HOME against USC--he flopped.

Last edited:
I may be proven wrong in the future, but Jimbo Fisher is overrated and overvalued as a HC with A&M. That mojo he had at one time with FSU appears to be gone.
He had a transcendent QB in Winston. Hasn't done squat without him. Extremely overrated HC.

He had a transcendent QB in Winston. Hasn't done squat without him. Extremely overrated HC.
He's definitely been underwhelming so far at A&M, but I'm not sure I'd call him extremely overrated. Jimbo's tenure at FSU isn't all that different from Urban's tenure at Ohio St. Jimbo had something of a retooling/rebuild to do, and after a couple of years he got them back in the top 10. Then he got a really special player in Winston, won a title with him, and made the playoff another time. Then he had 2 good not great teams before mailing it in and leaving.

Urban could have won a title that first year, but was ineligible. He does win a title in year 3 with a really special player (Ezekiel Elliott), but then misses out on a repeat chance for the next 4 years after that due to a key loss, sometimes in inexplicable fashion (like getting blown out by Iowa). Then he leaves.

He's definitely been underwhelming so far at A&M, but I'm not sure I'd call him extremely overrated. Jimbo's tenure at FSU isn't all that different from Urban's tenure at Ohio St. Jimbo had something of a retooling/rebuild to do, and after a couple of years he got them back in the top 10. Then he got a really special player in Winston, won a title with him, and made the playoff another time. Then he had 2 good not great teams before mailing it in and leaving.

Urban could have won a title that first year, but was ineligible. He does win a title in year 3 with a really special player (Ezekiel Elliott), but then misses out on a repeat chance for the next 4 years after that due to a key loss, sometimes in inexplicable fashion (like getting blown out by Iowa). Then he leaves.
You mean besides the won/loss record? Urban Meyer went 24-2 in his first two seasons at Ohio State. Ohio State had gone 6-7 in 2011, the year before Meyer arrived. Jimbo Fisher is just 17-9 in his first two seasons at Texas A&M. Texas A&M had gone 7-6 in 2017, the year before Fisher arrived.

PROGRAMS:

Ohio Stank, Wisconsin, Texas (one of the best recruiting bases out there), Oklahoma (since 2000), ND--since '89, VTech, Oregon, Boise State, Michigan (since '99).....USC.....Washington.....

COACH:

GENE CHIZIK....hands down.......... unpopular but true---Tee Martin....
MUSCHAMP

PLAYERS:

Jalen Hurts....Justin Fields.....Jake Fromme.....RB Richardson from Alabama....
Ohio State and Wisconsin are not overrated. Both are good programs. OSU is always near the top and can play with any team in the country.

Arian Foster played from 2005-2008......that's 6 years AFTER Lewis finished at UT....Can you not count????? or read??????

Name me ANY RB at UT from 2005--2008 to make the pro-bowl other than Foster...just one....if you can...

Or let me make it easier....just name one UT RB who played between 2005-2008 who has over 200 carries in the NFL at all???? --other than Foster
that's an incredibly small, and poor, window of time you are looking at.

you literally narrowed it down to only Foster. Hardesty was beat up by the time he got to the NFL. not sure who the rest were.

it would be like narrowing down to pretty much any position during the butch era and declaring them the greatest. If you use so narrow of a comparison field its no wonder you believe that way.

Given his logic, Charlie Ward was garbage at FSU because he never played one snap in the NFL.

Making it in the NFL has always been a fair yardstick for measuring just how good a player really is because it's the highest level of competition in the sport.
It's the same standard we use about those 5-star, can't miss high school players who never make it in college.
Many 5-star guys look like tarzan but play like jane.

I honestly don't know why so many of you get upset about it.

Richardson had a great career running behind BAMA's dominant OL in college.
It's a fair question to ask---was he really that good or was he just an interchangeable part in BAMA'S running game.

And how do you answer that question??? You look to his performance at the next level.

Thanks for clarifying your flawed position.

By your logic Herschel Walker was overrated too, seeing as how he came nowhere close to dominating in the NFL like he did at Georgia.

that's an incredibly small, and poor, window of time you are looking at.

not sure who the rest were.

I specifically said "...the only UT back of his time..."

What is so hard to understand about that specific statement???

I didn't say "....the only UT back of ALL TIME..."

I named a specific window of time because NO ONE on this site thought that Foster was gonna make it in the NFL...
And NO ONE on sports radio about the VOLS thought Foster was gonna make it, either.

You're comment---"...not sure who the rest were..." tells me all that I need to know about you.

You don't remember that era...so you have NO IDEA why I made my comment.
And you don't even take the time to ask me "WHY" I made the statement.

You just open your mouth and start spouting out all kinds of reasons for why I'm wrong when you don't even have a clue about what conversations were happening back then about our RBs.
That, sir, is just plain 'ol stupid....

And I try to be civil and have conversations with folks who actually know a little about the game....
but guys like you make it extremely difficult.

Riggs, Jr was a SR in 2005....

Foster played with Lamarcus Coker, Hardesty, Lennon Creer, and Tauren Poole in 2008 when Poole was a FR.

But--EVERYONE was squawking about how bad Foster was and that he was NEVER GONNA MAKE IT in the NFL....
He isn't fast enough, he fumbles, he has a bad attitude, blah..blah..blah it went on and on ad nauseum.....on the radio talk shows....

Coker, Hardesty, Creer are all 10x better than Foster they said.......They're faster, better---Foster just didn't have it....they all said....

And I was BLASTED when I called in to Sport Talk in Chattanooga and made my statements....
Riggs, Jr was the guest on the show that day and he ran his stupid mouth at me, too.

And thank you for proving my point....

And I'm sure you don't even know what that point was....

Thanks for clarifying your flawed position.

By your logic Herschel Walker was overrated too, seeing as how he came nowhere close to dominating in the NFL like he did at Georgia.

It's not flawed there Lawrence....and now you've constructed a straw man and have me saying that Hershel Walker was over-rated when I've NEVER even remotely communicated that idea!

In fact, I believe I've stated that I believe the BEST RB to ever play the game in college is either Walker or Bo....leaning heavily towards Herschel.

And the TRUTH is that the NFL is certainly a valid test in discussing the greatest RBs of all time....

Payton, Sayers, Jim Brown, E. Smith, B. Sanders, Dorsett, Bo Jackson all belong in that conversation....

And as a P.S. Just who does dominate in the NFL like they did in college??

I don't seem to remember ANY teams willing to trade away multiple #1 draft picks and multiple players for Richardson......like they did for Herschel.

Last edited:
Making it in the NFL has always been a fair yardstick for measuring just how good a player really is because it's the highest level of competition in the sport.
It's the same standard we use about those 5-star, can't miss high school players who never make it in college.
Many 5-star guys look like tarzan but play like jane.

I honestly don't know why so many of you get upset about it.

Richardson had a great career running behind BAMA's dominant OL in college.
It's a fair question to ask---was he really that good or was he just an interchangeable part in BAMA'S running game.

And how do you answer that question??? You look to his performance at the next level.

Barrett Jones is in the conversation for greatest college offensive lineman of all time. He is a slam dunk hall-of-famer. He barely saw the field in the NFL. By your logic he's overrated.

Barrett Jones is in the conversation for greatest college offensive lineman of all time. He is a slam dunk hall-of-famer. He barely saw the field in the NFL. By your logic he's overrated.

Barrett Jones is NOT EVEN in the top 5 OL to ever play at the University of Alabama, much less of all time in college FB....

Good grief, stupid.......I know more about your program than you do!!

John Hannah????? Dwight Stephenson??????

Individually, calling someone who kicks my ass overrated does me no good because you’re making me or my team look even worse. Tebow wasn’t a good pro QB, but that mattered zero when he killed us four years in a row.

At least Tebow had a cup of coffee in the NFL.

That hack Charlie Ward was the most overrated QB in CFB history.

VN Store

Back