Most likely first round upset

golfballs

Mostly Peaceful Poster
No. 6 Massachusetts Minutemen vs. No. 11 Iowa Hawkeyes or Tennessee Volunteers
Upset odds for Iowa: 78.4 percent
Upset odds for Tennessee: 70.1 percent

Apparently, the selection committee misinterpreted a memo stating that UMass had been seeded sixth in its conference tournament and instead took it as a directive for how to slot the Midwest Region. Not only is our model's power rating skeptical of the Minutemen, calling them the 48th-best team in the nation, but it says Iowa (14th) and Tennessee (21st) are just as badly underseeded. In other words, even without factoring in the model's "Secret Sauce" or specific matchups, either the Hawkeyes or Volunteers should be favored.
Massachusetts Minutemen among 10 most likely first-round upsets - NCB - ESPN

Reactions: 1 person
Foxsports1 or whatever it's called, predicted UT to beat both Iowa and Umass this morning

A play in game for a team with 21 wins is ridiculous, the Vols play Wed and Fri that is IF they win. I'm concerned about tired legs.

A play in game for a team with 21 wins is ridiculous, the Vols play Wed and Fri that is IF they win. I'm concerned about tired legs.

I think we'd be ok. Would be more of an issue on Sunday should we get there

Tennessee will beat Iowa then UMass. I think Kansas State beats UK and NMSU upsets San Diego State.

Has anyone seen any predictions with Iowa beating us? We seem to be getting a lot of cred from the analysts

Lol even most of the media thinks we got the shaft. I'm a little surprised we're getting this much credit.

Jay Bilas picked Iowa ... He obviously doesn't get it. Or does he?

Someone said we're favored by a point. I think that's fair. Point is is that it's close. We have a strong front court to use to our advantage, but our inconsistency is what would most likely be our Achilles heel.

VN Store

Back