Most "Famous" SEC football players

While it is a rather insignificant list, the simple definition of "famous" is "widely known." So this group is fine for this definition, and was probably put together by a younger guy. I would think Bart Starr or Snake Stabler might be on the list, also Jerry Jones and Jimmie Johnson (both played at Arkansas although they weren't in the SEC at the time) but then I am an old fart and remember them.

I guess he had to put the Mannings together so they wouldn't take up 30% of his list.

A number 31 pick is a first rounder.....today. was it in 1936? Doesn't change that your hero was not a first rounder. It's remarkable that you can't figure that out.

Oh, I get it now. You misread what I said in my first post. I certainly never said that Bryant was a first rounder. So you've been arguing against against a point that no one was making. Your attempt at creating a fantasy world in which imaginary players were dropped into the year 1936 makes total sense in the context of your misunderstanding. Here's what I actually wrote:

He was the 31st player taken in the 1936 draft, which would be equivalent to a 1st round pick today.

To make it a little easier to understand: Bryant was the 31st pick in the draft. That was the 4th pick of the 4th round in 1936, but would have been the 2nd to last pick in the 1st round today.

I hope that clears it up. I was never dealing in imagination, so you can leave that behind and discuss what I actually said.

Oh, I get it now. You misread what I said in my first post. I certainly never said that Bryant was a first rounder. So you've been arguing against against a point that no one was making. Your attempt at creating a fantasy world in which imaginary players were dropped into the year 1936 makes total sense in the context of your misunderstanding. Here's what I actually wrote:

To make it a little easier to understand: Bryant was the 31st pick in the draft. That was the 4th pick of the 4th round in 1936, but would have been the 2nd to last pick in the 1st round today.

I hope that clears it up. I was never dealing in imagination, so you can leave that behind and discuss what I actually said.
I didn't misread anything. Try again. This is providing some much needed humor.
You probably aren't used to using big words like 'equivalent'. I'll forgive your misuse.
But seriously, listen. I'm sorry if I offended you by pointing out how inaccurate you were regarding the Bammer Jesus. He was a good player, better coach. I'll agree with you on that. But at the end of the day, he was a fourth round pick. Sorry to burst your revisionist bubble.

I didn't misread anything. Try again. This is providing some much needed humor.
You probably aren't used to using big words like 'equivalent'. I'll forgive your misuse.
But seriously, listen. I'm sorry if I offended you by pointing out how inaccurate you were regarding the Bammer Jesus. He was a good player, better coach. I'll agree with you on that. But at the end of the day, he was a fourth round pick. Sorry to burst your revisionist bubble.

The English language can be tough to learn. It's not nearly as difficult as you're making it seem.

The English language can be tough to learn. It's not nearly as difficult as you're making it seem.
You are right. Let's break it down more simply.
4th = 4th
Or also Fourth = Fourth
4 is not equal to 1 (this holds true in 1936 and 2020 and will still be true in 2136)

You are right. Let's break it down more simply.
4th = 4th
Or also Fourth = Fourth
4 is not equal to 1 (this holds true in 1936 and 2020 and will still be true in 2136)

But somehow 31 does not equal 31.

I mean, 31 is 31 now. But who knows what tomorrow will bring?

But somehow 31 does not equal 31.

I mean, 31 is 31 now. But who knows what tomorrow will bring?
Therein lies the problem. I'm referring to what round he was drafted and you are fixated on the number 31.I've never disputed that he was pick number 31. You are the one claiming that fourth round is the same as first round

Therein lies the problem. I'm referring to what round he was drafted and you are fixated on the number 31.I've never disputed that he was pick number 31. You are the one claiming that fourth round is the same as first round

And you're still arguing with some position other than mine. You keep quoting my posts but disputing something other than what they say.

If we were just looking at college career (not pro, not commercials, not coaching, etc.). I wonder what the list would look like. I think Cam might be number 1 but the list IMO would be very interesting. Would have to include Herschel Walker, Bo Jackson, and Tim Tebow.

Cam’s “career” was one year at Auburn.

Tebow broke Herschel’s rushing TD record, but had the luxury of an extra regular season game, two conference championship games and three bowl game’s worth of stats to do it. Even still, many regard him as one of CFB’s greatest players.

I consider Herschel to be CFB’s greatest player ever. Bo is CFB’s greatest athlete ever.

Cam is a great player, and had arguably one of the best seasons ever up until last year, but he’s looking up at Herschel, Bo and Tebow.

VN Store

Back