Gun control debate (merged)

Purely an aesthetic thing for me on the wood. Imo some of those early guns are works of art, and the newer stuff with wood furniture always comes across as a cheap knock off.

I dont even like the look of my preference in wood. *ok I have to admit with just a wooden stock it looks pretty good.
37B1323B-59D8-4533-BE1B-AF0A5317F7B4.jpeg

Good point. I would think they would have to choose tree species pretty carefully.

Most of the "fighting rifles" tended to use whatever they could get quickly into production without regard to looks. I don't think I've ever seen an AK or SKS with a factory stock that looked nice. A lot of the post war designs were like that.

I will say this though, some of the Garand stocks I've seen over the years cleaned up very nicely. Same for some select M14s.

I do think there is nothing that looks nicer than a wood stock on a bolt action. You should take a look at some of the custom stock blanks that are sold. And let me know how much your eyes pop open at the price.

Maybe this has been discussed so forgive me if I missed it, but what's the consensus thought on bullet prices going forward?

Will the shortage and cost remain due to the fear from the democratic political situation or will it regulate back down after a certain time ?

Maybe this has been discussed so forgive me if I missed it, but what's the consensus thought on bullet prices going forward?

Will the shortage and cost remain due to the fear from the democratic political situation or will it regulate back down after a certain time ?

No way to know at this point. I've definitely never seen an ammo shortage this bad. In fact, I was just looking up 22 mag ammo online and it was averaging almost $1.00 per round. 44 mag at $2.00 per round.

Things definitely seem to be getting worse at the moment.

Reactions: goldenvol
No way to know at this point. I've definitely never seen an ammo shortage this bad. In fact, I was just looking up 22 mag ammo online and it was averaging almost $1.00 per round. 44 mag at $2.00 per round.

Things definitely seem to be getting worse at the moment.

Even 4:10 shells are hard to find.

Reactions: goldenvol
Keep an eye on this story...

"Extremely Dramatic Increase" - Ghost Gun Seizures Up 400% In Baltimore City | ZeroHedge

ghost%20gun_0.jpg

VN Store

Back