Money people upset

What has Florida accomplished lately? Might want to go take care of your own glass house....

Seriously? I’m not going to bore or aggravate everyone with a list of accomplishments since Mullen’s arrival but you’re not being honest with yourself.

Newsflash. I’d rather Tennessee be good than the state they are in now. I prefer the SEC East being a FL TN thing. I hate Georgia! And FSU and Miami. When I say Fulmer has been a problem for a long time, it’s my opinion backed by years of observation. Get rid of him and you’ll only get better in my opinion. It doesn’t have to be a bad divorce, just honor the guy for his contribution, hand him a beautiful plaque, name a facility after him and let him ride off into the sunset. And then bring in some killers, at AD and head football coach.

Reactions: Godfatha
Seriously? I’m not going to bore or aggravate everyone with a list of accomplishments since Mullen’s arrival but you’re not being honest with yourself.

Newsflash. I’d rather Tennessee be good than the state they are in now. I prefer the SEC East being a FL TN thing. I hate Georgia! And FSU and Miami. When I say Fulmer has been a problem for a long time, it’s my opinion backed by years of observation. Get rid of him and you’ll only get better in my opinion.

Girl...don’t go away mad...girl, just go away!

Repeat and fade.

Newsflash. I’d rather Tennessee be good than the state they are in now. I prefer the SEC East being a FL TN thing. I hate Georgia! And FSU and Miami. When I say Fulmer has been a problem for a long time, it’s my opinion backed by years of observation. Get rid of him and you’ll only get better in my opinion.
Some of the people dogging you for that opinion about Phil, most likely agree with it...

It's funny how the same message can magically change depending on who the messenger is...

Outsider opinion; Fulmer is a bigger problem than Pruitt and needs to go before, or alongside Pruitt.

How he horned his way into an AD job calling shots for the football program (and other programs) is beyond me.

Everything he has touched for nearly the last twenty years has turned to 💩.

Yeah,
But it's like a double-edged sword for us, Jaws

It's either Fulmer or Big Jim H. takes back over... :(

lol
We're doomed!

Reactions: tbh and Jaws
Fans can do nothing. Some want to believe we can but in reality we are pretty powerless.
You're 100% wrong. We actually have the most control. Its not can we make something happen its will we. If no one shows up a stadium they have no choice to make a change. The thing is people have continued to support the program after the administration became ok with putting a bad product on the field.

Reactions: 'Boro-vol
You're 100% wrong. We actually have the most control. Its not can we make something happen its will we. If no one shows up a stadium they have no choice to make a change. The thing is people have continued to support the program after the administration became ok with putting a bad product on the field.

Sorry but this is wishful thinking. Your statement would be valid if we had an administration that truly cared about it’s football program. We don’t.

Reactions: Cobb-Webb 1989
This. Fulmer is the cancer and Pruitt is the symptoms. But Fulmer has been enabled by an insecure administration that either dislikes or is apathetic to football.
This is ********... Fulmer has allotted more money for football coaching and recruiting then any previous AD period. He is giving Pruitt a legitimate opportunity (5 years) to rebuild. I disagreed with the extension but at the time I think we could all agree with a top 5 recruiting class, top 15-20 ranked team to start the year and nice winning streak going into this season... it looked warranted. Pruitt has been his own worse enemy with JG. It he’s put a nice staff together besides Friend. Chaney called a hell of a game last night and our defense played well enough to win. Phil has been a good-great AD.

Newsflash. I’d rather Tennessee be good than the state they are in now. I prefer the SEC East being a FL TN thing. I hate Georgia! And FSU and Miami. When I say Fulmer has been a problem for a long time, it’s my opinion backed by years of observation. Get rid of him and you’ll only get better in my opinion. It doesn’t have to be a bad divorce, just honor the guy for his contribution, hand him a beautiful plaque, name a facility after him and let him ride off into the sunset. And then bring in some killers, at AD and head football coach.
We’ll do what we want...go away troll.

I don't get the Fulmer hate. He's retained our very successful baseball and basketball coaches, hired Kellie Harper who seems to be much better than what Holly was giving us. Given Pruitt all the resources needed to be successful, Pruitt just hasn't gotten it done.

Barnes would have been gone if not for UCLA not working the buyout. He wanted to go. So let’s not act like Fulmer did much to retain him. Just ry is still out on Harper. But he hired Pruitt. He knew the state of the program. The SEC is not the conference to learn on the job. Unless you walk into a great situation like Smart did. Fulmer has no experience as an AD and it shows.

Don't know how true it is but heard from
someone who spends a lot of time on computers that the money people are upset with Fulmer and Pruitt . Maybe some of you other posters could check other websites and find out if it is. Don't want to start rumors.
Interesting you state you don’t want to start a rumor while in the process of starting an unfounded rumor.

Don't know how true it is but heard from
someone who spends a lot of time on computers that the money people are upset with Fulmer and Pruitt . Maybe some of you other posters could check other websites and find out if it is. Don't want to start rumors.
You mean you don’t want to start rumors, by starting a rumor. How very noble of you sir.

I completely agree with your economics on principle from the perspective of UT but it is not boosters receiving monetary benefit of a high performing football program unless their businesses directly benefit from increased traffic. The boosters are in large part footing the bill with the benefit being purely their passion to see UT do well. Their “return on investment” if they are to give $12m must be $12m in unquantifiable happiness in seeing UT back on top. For them to do that then the bet must be as close to a sure thing given the 4 previous failures.

With that said, if Pruitt starts JG next week then I would expect boosters will want to fire him out of spite. Booster egos can be a good thing for UT in that scenario.
Went to a new winery with the wife yesterday and chatted with a guy who I used to fish with. He built a winery in N.C. cause he always had a dream of doing so at the cost of approx. 5 years and $18m and according to him will not see a profit probably in his life. He didn’t do it for the kids as they are Drs in various specialties. He did it cause he wanted the challenge after being a successful businessman for most of his life. His boat I fished on was $8m Jarrett bay that fished 3 billfish tourneys and about 6-8 other times a year. Hardly a justifiable expense since he wasnt even on the boat several times. Yearly maint and upkeep on that toy was more than my house and land combined.
I hunt a property in the mountains that a man spent $1.5m putting a road in to a 1 acre spring fed pond that we stocked trout in. He said he might fish it 2-3 times a year.
The moral of all this Is Some people have “*** it“money, the likes of which us mere mortals will never understand, ROI be damned and there are no sure ways of quantifying what that is. UTVASF has more than several people who can write a check for 12m cause they want Pruitt gone and never miss it. Question is will they....? Tell us o crystal ball @Water_Rat will they?

I have spoken to a guy or 2. This does not mean anyone is gone. This also does not mean anyone is back. I can say this, both of them are influential and big spenders, and they're very frustrated. They also both say others are in the same boat. Yes this is vague. But right now this is what i got.
Well thank you sir for the post I appreciate it
I've had a bunch of posters telling me I'm deliberately starting rumors which I'm not but you know how the football posts are.
This site can be brutal at times.

"Now we're not ones to go round spreading rumors; No Really we're just not the gossipy kind, You'll never hear one of us repeating gossip, So you better be sure and listen close the first time".

VN Store

Back