'24 MO EDGE Kellen Lindstrom (Tennessee)

I hope you are right but 247 shows none of those guys predicted to change me here right now.

Our reporters are confident and none of them are the type that pump sunshine like some of these other team websites…I firmly believe we are top 2-3 for all of those players and have as good a shot at them as anyone on their respective lists

Go defend ur daddy on another board son this Volnation we get it ur proud of him.Soo what's up with all this cock slobbering on here recently...
Not proud, strong dislike of Beamer and all USC small sports. It’s always a happy day in my house when we beat them in any sport The bigger the route the happier I am. I’m a
proud graduate of The University of Tennessee. True confession, Some of my best friends went to USCjr, we’re all from Va. They are poor winners. I’ve just seen Beamers recent trend in recruiting and hate it. I will say I find it interesting all the comments my posts have received. If you have read all my posts you would see this, but I know most of us on here don’t have the time for that.

Reactions: StanfordVol
I hop
That freak was not being recruited heavily by any of the big guns including us…. The reason is bc he is sawft ….. doesn’t like to hit…. Don’t know if he has a real position…. The scouts/writers stated he was more likely to be great at track than football.
I hope you are right, but he played in a very competitive area in DC that produces a lot of talent, including the current Heisman Trophy winner. I do know that we were in on him as were a lot of big school. You can’t be a 5* and not get tons of offers, but you’re correct in that he has no true position .

I’ll bet anything you want that they don’t end up ahead of us when it’s all said and done…the same way they haven’t finished ahead of us in the 247 rankings dating back to 2018 (which is just as far back as I was willing to check…not the last time they finished ahead of us)…

You are dead set it seems on painting this narrative of Beamer being someone to respect and/or fear…as someone else said, there is absolutely nobody on our end that feels that way about him…he caught us at the exact right moment last year when our players lost focus for a game and our QB tore his ACL…he then used his Butch Jones-ish spiel to land a handful of decent players…that’s all there is to him

I’ve said it before…but I can’t wait for the USCe game this year…if the Mizzou game last year is any evidence of how Heupal treats these sort of things then I truly expect we’ll hang 70+ on them
I don’t respect or fear Beamer. I dislike him intensely. During the Spurrier years they put up a fence around the state.

SC always gets a one or two top guys, a handful (5-10) of decent guys, and then straight up trash.

Their #2 would be our #8. the trend holds up for the entire class.

if you average their 4* and ours, theirs are ranked 40 spots lower, and we have more of them.

if you average the whole class they are on average 63 spots lower than us.

I wouldn't call early success on the recruiting trail a trend, we see it so many times, and have been victim of the same mindset too. The trend is only set when the class is signed. And its not like they are miles ahead of us in 2024, we are two spots behind them now. Bama is ranked #18, I don't think they should be panicking.

I’ve been moaning and groaning for months about Beamer’s recruiting since December and gotten interesting
That freak was not being recruited heavily by any of the big guns including us…. The reason is bc he is sawft ….. doesn’t like to hit…. Don’t know if he has a real position…. The scouts/writers stated he was more likely to be great at track than football.
Yep and this is where Beamer reminds me of Butch, signing this type which helps his appearance of recruiting but not much help to the team!

I hop

I hope you are right, but he played in a very competitive area in DC that produces a lot of talent, including the current Heisman Trophy winner. I do know that we were in on him as were a lot of big school. You can’t be a 5* and not get tons of offers, but you’re correct in that he has no true position .
I don’t care where he played a lot of schools checked him out early on but more were out on him at the end for the reasons I mentioned…. That is not my opinion…. It was what was reported by Callahan, AP and they like when people were wondering why we weren’t going after him. They said it was much more likely that he would be a track star/future Olympian than any kind of football player.

His High School stats were not impressive:

439 yds rec for 5 TDs or 36 yds per game

45 tackles or 3.8 per game average with only 16.5 for loss.

Beamer is a decent/good recruiter and has done a good job locking down SC to a point…. He did beat us for Pringle who we definitely wanted. Our staff trusts their evaluations and will take guys that are ranked lower than others if they feel they a better player/fit than a much higher rated player….. Beamer is a lot like Butch Jones in that he will just take the higher rated guy so he can brag about how awesome he is.

Reactions: Woodlawn VOL
The hundred yard dash, not the hundred meter dash.
Your use of yards did catch my eye, but i figured it was perhaps an oversight. Where is he still running a 100 yd distance? Isn't 100m now the standard distance? My daughters both run track and I've yet to see a 100 yd dash at the high school level.

I’ll bet anything you want that they don’t end up ahead of us when it’s all said and done…the same way they haven’t finished ahead of us in the 247 rankings dating back to 2018 (which is just as far back as I was willing to check…not the last time they finished ahead of us)…

You are dead set it seems on painting this narrative of Beamer being someone to respect and/or fear…as someone else said, there is absolutely nobody on our end that feels that way about him…he caught us at the exact right moment last year when our players lost focus for a game and our QB tore his ACL…he then used his Butch Jones-ish spiel to land a handful of decent players…that’s all there is to him

I’ve said it before…but I can’t wait for the USCe game this year…if the Mizzou game last year is any evidence of how Heupal treats these sort of things then I truly expect we’ll hang 70+ on them
Y’all remember when we would never get another player out of Memphis because Kiffin was at Ole Miss?

I don’t care where he played a lot of schools checked him out early on but more were out on him at the end for the reasons I mentioned…. That is not my opinion…. It was what was reported by Callahan, AP and they like when people were wondering why we weren’t going after him. They said it was much more likely that he would be a track star/future Olympian than any kind of football player.

Beamer is a decent/good recruiter and has done a good job locking down SC to a point…. He did beat us for Pringle who we definitely wanted. Our staff trusts their evaluations and will take guys that are ranked lower than others if they feel they a better player/fit than a much higher rated player….. Beamer is a lot like Butch Jones in that he will just take the higher rated guy so he can brag about how awesome he is.
I read that also.

South Carolina is ahead of Tennessee in recruiting for 2024 and have the top rated o lineman and the top rated d lineman for 2025 lined up. As much as I dislike Beamer he is currently outrecruiting us. DC to South Carolina is where he is making hay.
Their top recruits are all in state and they aren’t really deep with many other top 200 players. They’ve basically locked up the best players they’re getting already.

Reactions: allvolrecruiting

I read that also.
Imagine being a recruit and coming to a Tennessee site to view your thread and all they can talk about is Shane Beamer. That would completely turn me off of that fan base.
Good point. Let’s move on.

South Carolina is ahead of Tennessee in recruiting for 2024 and have the top rated o lineman and the top rated d lineman for 2025 lined up. As much as I dislike Beamer he is currently outrecruiting us. DC to South Carolina is where he is making hay.
Their top recruits are all in state and they aren’t really deep with many other top 200 players. They’ve basically locked up the best players they’re getting already.

Reactions: Volanooga2521
The Dark Side is strong with this one! Trust Z Heup!

Reactions: stewart6600
Getting back to Lindstrom, good piece from a few weeks ago:

Grant Wistrom can't help but laugh when he thinks about the similarities between himself and one of the defensive linemen he coached during his first season with the Glendale Falcons. The Webb City legend, a three-time national champion and two-time All-American at Nebraska and Super Bowl champion with the St. Louis Rams sees a player who gives everything he has on every single play. It's the type of player Wistrom prided himself on being during a career that saw him inducted into the College Football Hall of Fame.

Wistrom believes that motor is a reason why defensive end Kellen Lindstrom has turned into one of the most sought-after recruits Springfield has seen. "Everything about Kellen reminds me of myself," Wistrom said. "The way he plays the game and the way he shows up and does everything the coaches ask and the way he plays for his teammates..."

...Wistrom, a defensive line coach at Glendale, believes Lindstrom hasn't even scratched the surface as to what he will do production-wise and expects him to put up big numbers during his senior year this upcoming fall. "He's very gifted," Wistrom said. "He's 6-foot-5, 240 pounds as a high school player and you just don't see that walking around. Lots of times, you get a gifted athlete and they don't have the work ethic or attitude to go with it to play at a high level. Kellen is all of that. Just watching his progression from the beginning of last year to the end of the season was exponential and I think something clicked for him and I really believe he's going to make a bigger jump this year."

Kellen Lindstrom, four-star recruit, coached by Grant Wistrom

Imagine being a recruit and coming to a Tennessee site to view your thread and all they can talk about is Shane Beamer. That would completely turn me off of that fan base.
If you judge the site by one possible troll? You’re destined to fall for bullcrap.

VN Store

Back