'24 MO DL Williams Nwaneri (Mizzou commit)

Oh I agree he’s way overhyped as an offensive tactician…dating back to when Saban booted Kiffin right before the NC game and plopped him in there. And then the Falcons snapped him up immediately afterwards and stuck with him way too long. I remember some Vol fans wishing for him as an OC before Saban finally succeeded in getting him to coordinate under normal circumstances. Regardless of their talent, he put on a clinic that trumped Kiffin and Daboll imo…no hacks there. But talent is no issue at Texas…it’s the culture. He can scheme but there’s way less buy-in without a Saban in the background.

He cost the Falcons that Super Bowl. All he had to do was NOT call pass plays with deep drops that were slow developing and he did just that.

Pretty sure Sark is considered a great play caller / Xs and Os guy on offense in the coaching industry. Not sure why anyone would try to debate that point.
I think he's a mediocre offensive play caller. He was the only Falcons' Offensive Coordinator that couldn't figure out how to generate touchdown receptions for Julio Jones. He was a touchdown machine with Matt Ryan until Sarkisian arrived on the scene.

He cost the Falcons that Super Bowl. All he had to do was NOT call pass plays with deep drops that were slow developing and he did just that.
You are so right. I remember Atlanta owner having a escalator ride nightmare!!! I bet he was like what in Haiti just happened!!!!

I think he's a mediocre offensive play caller. He was the only Falcons' Offensive Coordinator that couldn't figure out how to generate touchdown receptions for Julio Jones. He was a touchdown machine with Matt Ryan until Sarkisian arrived on the scene.

Not a Sark fan, but Julio only had one double digit TD season in his entire career, and it was 10. He was never a TD machine.

Not a Sark fan, but Julio only had one double digit TD season in his entire career, and it was 10. He was never a TD machine.
Yeah, the joke was always Julio was allergic to scoring in the pros. Up until his twilight years, he averaged nearly 89 catches and 1350 yds per season, but only 6.3 TDs per season across 9 seasons.

VN Store

Back