'24 MO DL Williams Nwaneri (Mizzou commit)

I don't want to start another iteration of the perennial “must get” debate, but we really, really need to land this commitment. Can’t afford not to close after leading this late in the game on an elite prospect at such an important position.

Last edited:
I don't want to start another iteration of the perennial “must get” debate, but we really, really need to land this commitment. Can’t afford not to close after leading this late in the game on an elite prospect at such an important position

ESD is 7 months away. “Late in the game” would be a couple weeks until ESD

I don't want to start another iteration of the perennial “must get” debate, but we really, really need to land this commitment. Can’t afford not to close after leading this late in the game on an elite prospect at such an important position.
You're right, it should be a biannual debate.

There isn't a recruit that is a must get!

Never understood the hype around Sark being a home run hire. He failed at USC and then had success as Saban’s OC with talent that would have made anyone look good.
From a technical X’s and O’s standpoint, I thought he’d be way better than he’s shown so far in Austin. But that cultish, country club culture hasn’t eaten him alive as it did Strong and Herman…so surprised on both fronts.

From a technical X’s and O’s standpoint, I thought he’d be way better than he’s shown so far in Austin. But that cultish, country club culture hasn’t eaten him alive as it did Strong and Herman…so surprised on both fronts.

I’m not saying I didn’t think he was a good X’s and O’s coach, but I also didn’t think he was anything special as one, either. He had a future NFL starting QB and 4 future NFL stars at WR, an NFL OLine, and NFL starting RB. He wasn’t just playing with future NFL players, he was playing with future NFL STARS. And the 2nd team was just about as good. I could have schemed up an offense that set records with that kind of talent. Doesn’t take a savant, but the college football media acted like that’s what he was.

I’m not saying I didn’t think he was a good X’s and O’s coach, but I also didn’t think he was anything special as one, either. He had a future NFL starting QB and 4 future NFL stars at WR, an NFL OLine, and NFL starting RB. He wasn’t just playing with future NFL players, he was playing with future NFL STARS. And the 2nd team was just about as good. I could have schemed up an offense that set records with that kind of talent. Doesn’t take a savant, but the college football media acted like that’s what he was.
Oh I agree he’s way overhyped as an offensive tactician…dating back to when Saban booted Kiffin right before the NC game and plopped him in there. And then the Falcons snapped him up immediately afterwards and stuck with him way too long. I remember some Vol fans wishing for him as an OC before Saban finally succeeded in getting him to coordinate under normal circumstances. Regardless of their talent, he put on a clinic that trumped Kiffin and Daboll imo…no hacks there. But talent is no issue at Texas…it’s the culture. He can scheme but there’s way less buy-in without a Saban in the background.

Reactions: LittleVol

VN Store

Back