MLB Game Thread

Yes, I know and they would have to go 8-2 in the next 10 and obviously didn't. I edited out what else I said, which was, " all they would have had to win was 8 out of the next 15 and I'm surprised they didn't". Then I realized my math was based on their win total instead of their total games. So like I said I edited it out so I wouldn't look like a dumba$$, but didn't add anything else and still looked like a dumba$$.

It happens man.

Reactions: 1 person
Scooter Gennett: first player in MLB history to hit 4 HR in a game and pitch in the same season.

Babe Ruth died 8/16/48 at 53, the same age Jackie Robinson was when he died in 1972. Ruth's single-season record 60 home runs stood until Roger Maris hit 61 in '61. Hank Aaron broke Ruth's career record of 714 in '74.

Astros are first team to win 4 straight games all by 9+ runs since the Detroit Wolverines in the National League in 1887 (via @EliasSports).

I wonder who has the record. Ronald Acuña couldn’t have been much older than that in 2019.
The youngest starting player in an All-Star Game was Al Kaline at 20 years, six months (1955). The oldest starting pitcher in an All-Star Game was Roger Clemens at 41 year, 11 months and 9 days (2004).

Reactions: The Dog and GAVol

VN Store

Back