MLB cancels ASG in Atlanta

Well we did combine Abe and George's birthday into one, so we can combine some of these other ridiculous days off. No, I like the idea of making election day a holiday.. As a matter of fact, it should be a MANDATORY state holiday as well. That way there is no excuse for not showing up to vote.

I don't like federally mandated anything.

I have worked more holidays than I can even remember in the course of my 30 years at DAL. You are correct that a lot of people DO work. But removing one more layer of "I couldn't vote because I had to work" for more people will help the overall legitimacy of the system. Frankly, if you don't vote because you have to work, you don't deserve to vote anyway because you are too ****ing lazy to get an absentee ballot.
You're not really removing anything given the laws and regs already in place. You're either taking away a day of pay from hourly or forcing an employer to pay for work not done

You're not really removing anything given the laws and regs already in place. You're either taking away a day of pay from hourly or forcing an employer to pay for work not done
Then the excuses will continue ad infinitum. I think we need to remove some holidays already on the books. Remove one, add one. Net = zero. It's ridiculous as it is. Indigenous People's Day? Seriously????

Then the excuses will continue ad infinitum. I think we need to remove some holidays already on the books. Remove one, add one. Net = zero. It's ridiculous as it is. Indigenous People's Day? Seriously????

The best way to fix this is to ignore the excuses and tell the whiners to "suck it up buttercup".

Reactions: AM64
I don’t get hug up on the past like most. The whole “black face” thing from people’s past is in the same category. It’s possible that it was a different time and those people learned from those errors.

Or to quote the Bible.

“When I was a child I walked, talked and thought as a child, but as an adult I’ve put away childish things”

I probably should have read closer. I didn't realize this came out twelve years after it happened.

Reactions: Orangeslice13
The best way to fix this is to ignore the excuses and tell the whiners to "suck it up buttercup".
The problem is that they won't. I couldn't vote because the line was long. I couldn't vote because I couldn't get an ID. (I was at the liquor store). I couldn't vote because it is on Tuesday. I couldn't vote because, because, because, because, because.

The real underlying truth is that" I couldn't vote is because I am lazy, it really isn't that important to me, and I want to perpetuate myself as a victim so I can get something for nothing."

Another gem about the GA bill vs other states and the con-job going on about it. From the Chris Christie interview:

"Stacey Abrams was in New Jersey, in my state, praising Phil Murphy this week for a voting law where New Jersey early voting is nine days — half of what Georgia’s is," Christie said. "Yet she’s on TV in New Jersey — I saw it myself — saying that this is one of the greatest voting expansion bills we’ve ever seen," Christie said.

So NY, Delaware and NJ must be super racist since GA law is more accommodating.

Last edited:
169002574_1382919402071109_352069916137341650_n.jpg

The problem is that they won't. I couldn't vote because the line was long. I couldn't vote because I couldn't get an ID. (I was at the liquor store). I couldn't vote because it is on Tuesday. I couldn't vote because, because, because, because, because.

The real underlying truth is that" I couldn't vote is because I am lazy, it really isn't that important to me, and I want to perpetuate myself as a victim so I can get something for nothing."

Our problem is way too many people listen to the whiners. Treat them like the toddlers they are and ignore them.

I know it's hard and annoying but the second they think you are listening they never shut up.

At a minimum these companies should issue a statement detailing specifically what they object to. I'm betting they didn't read the bill and compare it to: 1) prior GA law and 2) other state's laws.

Be transparent and lay out the specific provisions that are problematic.
That's what being woke is all about.

Reactions: StarRaider
The bill isn’t remotely racial at all. It comes down to the Dems knowing that voter ID laws would hinder some of their would be voters. So naturally they oppose it, and since they don’t have any logical ways to undermine it they scream racism as loud as they can.
Voter ID laws don't hinder anyone in most of the rest of the developed (and developing) world.

Reactions: AM64 and Rickyvol77
At a minimum these companies should issue a statement detailing specifically what they object to. I'm betting they didn't read the bill and compare it to: 1) prior GA law and 2) other state's laws.

Be transparent and lay out the specific provisions that are problematic.
Frankly I'd just like someone that thinks voter ID laws target minorities specifically to explain that to me in a way that's clear, data-backed, and emotionless.

Reactions: AM64 and Rickyvol77
Another gem about the GA bill vs other states and the con-job going on about it. From the Chris Christie interview:

"Stacey Abrams was in New Jersey, in my state, praising Phil Murphy this week for a voting law where New Jersey early voting is nine days — half of what Georgia’s is," Christie said. "Yet she’s on TV in New Jersey — I saw it myself — saying that this is one of the greatest voting expansion bills we’ve ever seen," Christie said.

So NY, Delaware and NJ must be super racist since GA law is more accommodating.
If you knew what was here before, @luthervol , there is no way to claim this is worse.

Every single avenue of voting had things added or expanded.

Reactions: AM64
Texas Gov. Greg Abbott Backs Out of Texas Rangers' first pitch over MLB's decision to move ASG from Georgia

Texas Gov. Greg Abbott announced Monday afternoon that he will not be throwing out the first pitch at the Texas Rangers' home opener, as had been scheduled, because of Major League Baseball's response to voting laws recently passed in Georgia.

Texas Gov. nixes 1st pitch over MLB's ASG move

If you knew what was here before, @luthervol , there is no way to claim this is worse.

Every single avenue of voting had things added or expanded.
The thing that was expanded the most was the control of elections by state republicans.
Only time will tell how significant of a change that turns out to be.
You'll have to excuse me if I do not trust the very crowd who willing jumped onboard the Trump election fraud/stolen election bs.

The thing that was expanded the most was the control of elections by state republicans.
Only time will tell how significant of a change that turns out to be.
You'll have to excuse me if I do not trust the very crowd who willing jumped onboard the Trump election fraud/stolen election bs.

the laws are the laws.

they almost uniformly expand voter access and ease compared to what the laws were before.

It was spun by people as being the opposite but the facts show they were wrong.

Why not admit you were wrong about some of the provisions you found most troubling?

VN Store

Back