Mizzou opens as 7 point favorite.

I would agree with you, if this were a home game. But Missouri is a different animal at home and transitive property doesn’t work in football.

Missouri's home wins have come against the dregs of college football, so pardon me if I don't buy the argument that they somehow have superpowers at Farout Field.

Reactions: Volatility
I have a bad feeling, but I hope I'm wrong. Hoping we won't give them as much help as we gave to Kentucky.
This game never seems to be easy. I’ve had that not so good feeling in other games this year and it turned out unfounded, which is probably lagging BVS, but if we play our game we should win.

Last edited:
IMHO their offense has real problems. Against Florida the only threat they had was Bryant’s legs. His passing was atrocious whether his fault or their receivers. Thus we have the advantage with our defense against their offense. Their defense on the other hand was stout. They really held Florida to FG’s until they broke through in the second half. Thus our offense holds the key. If we get good QB play then JJ and Callaway will feast on their DB’s. If we make a lot of mistakes and give them short fields and can’t hit open receivers then it’ll be an ugly loss. Regardless I really don’t see them scoring a lot of points unless they find another gear they didn’t show yesterday.

Reactions: saxvol
Well, they have 5 victories...so they do have something to play for... just like us... a BOWL bid. A healthy Kelly Bryant scares me.

Actually Mizzou has been banned from postseason play, but they have an appeal pending:

Dave Matter: Confused by Mizzou's NCAA case? Here are some answers

I think odds of the appeal working are slim, not sure how that affects their collective heads, but likely is negative.

And Bryant looked like hot garbage vs UF. Not afraid of him at all. There is a reason Dabo sent him packing.

The only reason they are a different animal at home is because they haven't played and beaten a top75 team on their home field this year. Mizz is garbage this season, they have absolutely NOTHING to play for Saturday and will quit the second they get hit in the mouth Saturday. Florida was their last chance at doing something special for this season, I think they've packed it in.
I don't expect them to be half as motivated as us. It will make a big difference when things get physical

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan
Mizzou is 2nd in the SEC in total defense and 5th in scoring defense
The Vols will have their hands full and possibly more

I expected close to that. We'll trounce them, with the right personnel on the field. We may even beat them with the wrong personnel.

Mizzou is 2nd in the SEC in total defense and 5th in scoring defense
The Vols will have their hands full and possibly more

However, if the Vols are able to go to Columbia and come away with a win, some bowl committee’s will definitely take notice

Glad we're the dog. Team needs to be patient. Keep any D on the field long enough and they'll start giving up big chunks. This will be a tough game....we need to play by the Maxims.

Reactions: MemphisVol77
Well, they have 5 victories...so they do have something to play for... just like us... a BOWL bid. A healthy Kelly Bryant scares me.
Technically they're on a bowl ban.

I bet the NCAA is gonna wait until the week before conference championship games and just count the beans. If there's a P5 school that can fill their bowl tie-in then the bowl ban stands. If it's a scrub G5 team that doesn't create revenue as a replacement then the appeal is granted......

Or, watch the NCAA pull a rat move and grant their bowl ban appeal this Friday afternoon....... lol

I wish we could have gotten Bryant's first game back instead of Florida. I think it's almost a given he will play better his 2nd game back.

Bryant back in game rhythm = to our extra week of preparation.
How many points do we need? For starters, Mizzou is not 10th in scoring D, but 19th. Both bammer and uga are better, and we had success moving the ball on them. Should have had 21 vs bammer if not for JG antics.
I think we need 25.

I'm not saying their offense will be markedly worrisome or our defense will lapse. I can see a few instances where they create a short field off a turnover or 3-&-out, putting their offense in scoring position though.

If our OL is healthy & mended up, or as close to healthy as can be expected for the 9th game of the year, then give BM the start.

I trust our teams confidence, that we have an ace in the hole with JG as our 6th man, more than I like the prospects of having to come from behind if JG starts and plays infective.

BM moved the ball against AL/GA & we can't risk botched handoffs being a liability early in the game if JG's cast is still cumbersome.

RPO heavy prescripted play calling the 1st qtr.
Have Brian Maurer practice the handoff reads at gunpoint this week if that's what it takes.

Don't over rely on our defense keeping us in the game.

If our OL is still iffy like it was against Kentucky then give JG the start with a more conservative game plan. Less RPO. More hitches, slants, & back shoulder throws.

Run some wildcat with JJ. For the love of all thats good in the world, let's work on our RB screen passes, and get Chandler/Gray in space outside the tackle box.

TL/DR, as long as we don't shoot ourselves in the foot at QB it all comes down to OL/DL play.

Last edited:
Reactions: bigorange

VN Store

Back