Mississippi State has fired Moorhead

A university that kept Sylvester Croom around for 5 awful seasons excluding one good one cans a dude that coached a ranked team last year and to a bowl this year is something I didn’t see coming. Mississippi State must think they are more relevant than they actually are. Their best years are behind them.

State had to do something to offset OM hiring LK. Bullies are scared. I wouldn't be surprised if MSU hired Hugh Freeze. They gotta keep up with OM. PLUS; JOE had lost the locker room.

The story of lower tier (most) of the SEC coaching positions will be interesting over the next several years. The "SEC, SEC..." expectations have raised expectations to unprecedented levels at most of the schools. Head Coaching positions at Mississippi State, Ole Miss, Missouri, South Carolina, Arkansas, Texas A&M, and Auburn could well have revolving doors in this era of artificially elevated expectations. The coach at Vanderbilt will be given more latitude to have a fairly competitive team every few years, as will Kentucky (because it is such a basketball school).

A&M will be an interesting case study. If the Aggies continue to do less with more, as they almost always have, no one will succeed long term there. But, other than R.C. Slocum, who has lasted in College Station long?

I thought Napier already declined right?
If true, then it must be someone from the NFL. If not, then you have to question the decision by the AD. If they are really in the market for a coach and are doing a proper search, they'd better get Bill Clark's agent on the phone. Don't see a lot of good options beyond that, unless crazy man Venables is up to the task.

You either have your guy and put out as many smokescreens as you can until you get ink on paper or your keep your current HC/Interim (whomever that may be). Will be interesting to see how this one shakes out...

VN Store

Back