Mississippi State has fired Moorhead

I remember when we hired Dan and butthurt MSU fans flooded his Twitter with #MoorCowbell and #TheUpgrade2018...I knew they were just upset then, but still lol.

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
Willie Fritz, Napier, and Bill Clark are solid options for State. It is a job where the powers that be have to roll the dice a bit. Mullen is the only hire that was amazing out of the gate.

BUT, I would interview Dave Aranda and see if he has interest. If he does, he's hired.

That fanbase really needs their Dr. Pepper now.
Or give SMU head coach Sonny Dykes a call

Billy Napier can Coach and I'm wishing Billy all the luck. Comes from a great football family. I was hoping we would have got Billy for OC before his hire at LL
He’s done a hell of a job turning around Louisiana in 2 years

Makes absolute sense. Moorhead was running that program into the ground. He was a lame duck coach going into next season. They’ll upgrade.

I think that's a bit of an exaggeration. This is MSU we're talking about. Making bowl games is solid coaching.

I'm not saying the guy is Vince Lombardi, but MSU doesn't have some marvelous history to maintain.

I think that's a bit of an exaggeration. This is MSU we're talking about. Making bowl games is solid coaching.

I'm not saying the guy is Vince Lombardi, but MSU doesn't have some marvelous history to maintain.
Who knows what they could do? Even Darrell Royal head coached at one point at Mississippi State.

He also inherited a team that was built to win 10 games and messed with it and finished 8-5.

There have only been two CFB “home run” hires in the past 20 yrs, or so.

Saban at Bama and Meyer at OSU

The rest have had questions. Some work, some don’t. This attitude of constant change instead of having continuity and stability needs to change. If the coach isn’t “the guy” after two or three yrs, it’s the Administrations fault for crappy hiring. I feel bad for these coaches who don’t have a chance to actually build something. Dabo was not a home run hire....when made. JMO.

I agree this is setting a bad precedent. But as long as that tv money is flowing I don’t expect it to change.

Because Patriots assistants have turned out to be great hires -- ask fans of teams like the Lions how that goes @mad4vols

Who knows what Bill O’Brien could have done at Penn St. He was only there for a season. The problem with hiring NFL assistants is that they usually want to be in the NFL. That’s not always the case but it’s a risk schools take.

Who knows what Bill O’Brien could have done at Penn St. He was only there for a season. The problem with hiring NFL assistants is that they usually want to be in the NFL. That’s not always the case but it’s a risk schools take.
Judge got a interview with the Giants also -

Or give SMU head coach Sonny Dykes a call
giphy.gif

They must think they've got a great hire on the line. Otherwise, this move makes absolutely no sense.

Is this ever true? Every time this gets posted, the next 3 weeks the university in question looks like a barrel of monkeys.

Reactions: VolnJC

VN Store

Back