Mississippi State has fired Moorhead

A State friend of mine wants them to go after Joe Brady. Every State fan I know including my wife wanted Moorehead gone.

Reactions: livefaith
They must think they've got a great hire on the line. Otherwise, this move makes absolutely no sense.

Did the linebacker that hit the Qb to knock him out of bowl game, play in the bowl game?
Why wouldn't he? He's one of the best hitters on the team.

Ok, how long until someone starts a thread asking what position should Tennessee hire him for?

Miss St guys here at work seem to think it's Napier. However none of them are in the know that I am aware of, but apparently that is the info floating around.

Never understood the Moorehead hire to begin with. Guy was from the north, had all of his coaching experience in the Big 10/Big East but is going to not only come to the SEC but come to Starkville?

Reactions: Rickyvol77
Well I screwed that up, but his hit did take out best QB option they had. Just wondered how that was treated down there

They must think they've got a great hire on the line. Otherwise, this move makes absolutely no sense.

Makes absolute sense. Moorhead was running that program into the ground. He was a lame duck coach going into next season. They’ll upgrade.

The espn article says their candidates are Billy Napier and Gene Chizik
Billy Napier can Coach and I'm wishing Billy all the luck. Comes from a great football family. I was hoping we would have got Billy for OC before his hire at LL

Reactions: feathersax
Willie Fritz, Napier, and Bill Clark are solid options for State. It is a job where the powers that be have to roll the dice a bit. Mullen is the only hire that was amazing out of the gate.

BUT, I would interview Dave Aranda and see if he has interest. If he does, he's hired.

That fanbase really needs their Dr. Pepper now.

VN Store

Back