Mississippi State -6.5

I would say we should win. But they’re coming off a bye and we’re coming off a beating. They’ll win by 10-14
They're coming off a bye, but we're coming off an emotional loss to a big East rival. I think we'll take care of business. If there's one thing I have confidence in with Pruitt, it's knowing how to game-plan against sec west foes.

Reactions: VolzMan53
They're coming off a bye, but we're coming off an emotional loss to a big East rival. I think we'll take care of business. If there's one thing I have confidence in with Pruitt, it's knowing how to game-plan against sec west foes.
Emotional rival loss is the worst thing to come off. It's why we snuck up on uk and auburn last year.

We also got beat up ugh. Gonna be tough.

Dear God, I'm as big as a negavol/pessimist as you can get, but why/how is Miss State gonna win by a score or 2? What exactly have they done this year to show they're capable? They have nowhere near the talent or depth GA does. Let's not forget we came out smacking that 3rd ranked team in the mouth. We Motha F@$&!*g led them through most of the first half! If these boys come out with that same fire and tenacity against state, we will steam-roll them. If there's one thing Pruitt can do, it's game-plan against sec west foes. Start Maurer again as long as he's healthy. I'll be in Neyland for this game ready to sing Rocky Top at the top of my lungs out of this mf! Let's go! 🏉🍊

Dear God, I'm as big as a negavol/pessimist as you can get, but why/how is Miss State gonna win by a score or 2? What exactly have they done this year to show they're capable? They have nowhere near the talent or depth GA does. Let's not forget we came out smacking that 3rd ranked team in the mouth. We Motha F@$&!*g led them through most of the first half! If these boys come out with that same fire and tenacity against state, we will steam-roll them. If there's one thing Pruitt can do, it's game-plan against sec west foes. Start Maurer again as long as he's healthy. I'll be in Neyland for this game ready to sing Rocky Top at the top of my lungs out of this mf! Let's go! 🏉🍊

The better question is what has UT done this year to show it's capable of playing well vs an FBS team for 4 quarters? They've actually beaten two so far.

This is a tough bet, I'll be watching the line all week, and the 1st half line, the Big Question is who is going to start, if Maurer does not start-he's hurt, and won't be the back-up, then we'll be stuck with JG, +6.5 seems okay, but I'd like a more solid number. This is going to be a real test, as we haven't won an SEC game yet!

The better question is what has UT done this year to show it's capable of playing well vs an FBS team for 4 quarters? They've actually beaten two so far.
Not much, but if yesterday's game is any syndication, a lot. Like I said, hopefully Maurer is healthy, starts, and these boys are hungry. Of those two things happen, bye Felicia ahem Miss-State!

Past performance is no indicator of future trends. - Charles Schwabb

In markets......probably (however they do try to predict potential gains and losses via past indicators......heck they even use past indicators to try and adjust or prepare for a market recession).

I bet he wouldn’t use that slogan to refer to his company......Tennessee is probably a bit more like a company than a commodities market.

In markets......probably (however they do try to predict potential gains and losses via past indicators......heck they even use past indicators to try and adjust or prepare for a market recession).

I bet he wouldn’t use that slogan to refer to his company......Tennessee is probably a bit more like a company than a commodities market.
In markets, true, in football-different story. The players are "fixed" for a given number of years, and should be getting better each year (baring injury), you're team will lose 20% or more of its players each year, as will your opponents, the cross ref-of player on player is a very strong indicator of success. Those setting odds use this sort of calculation, and they are usually right, or they are broke and out of business...
There are, of course, huge waves, such as a new HC hire, or a NCAA investigation leading to bad stuff etc. , one of your guys in on the short list for the Heisman etc. But in the End, it is always settled on the field! That's why it is called wagering, and why odds are set!

Probably because there 3-2 not 1-4
They lost a close game to K-ST and got hammered by Auburn.

Tennessee’s only win is vs an FCS team.

Tennessee has one really bad loss (ga st) and zero, even decent wins. Mississippi ST has no bad losses and has beaten an SEC team.

That’s probably why their favored.

Probably because there 3-2 not 1-4
They lost a close game to K-ST and got hammered by Auburn.

Tennessee’s only win is vs an FCS team.

Tennessee has one really bad loss (ga st) and zero, even decent wins. Mississippi ST has no bad losses and has beaten an SEC team.

That’s probably why their favored.
That sums it up pretty well.

Reactions: JoAllan
We'll have to get up on St by at least 2td's, maybe 3 by half to pull out a win. I don't think we have the size, depth, and experience to hold them off by much after half time. JMO.....GooooBigOrange!

**Edit** out of curiosity, did the spread change after the GA game? I would be curious to know if it changed since Maurer's start...

Not much, but if yesterday's game is any syndication, a lot. Like I said, hopefully Maurer is healthy, starts, and these boys are hungry. Of those two things happen, bye Felicia ahem Miss-State!

I usually don't try to single out players, but I do want to mention JG's positive demeanor, in accepting the change at QB. The change was necessary, and I support; but I think you will see a different JG, if he is pressed back into service. He has all the skills, and nothing to lose at this point. I wouldn't be surprised to see more of JG is passing situations, if we are trailing.

Reactions: Myrtleturtle
They will run the ball, and the when they’re done with that they’ll run it some more...like a real SEC West team.

Our depleted defense, and nearly non-existent linebacking Corp likely will have a long day. They’re not great....we’re bad.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
I agree that it's winnable. Just haven't seen anything this year that leads me to believe we'll actually pull it off. Hope I'm wrong. Go Vols!

We’ve yet to play a full 60mins of good football. 1st half of BYU and UGA, we looked like a competitive that could win some games. Outside of that, not a chance against any team not named UTC.

Maybe this is the weekend they can finish strong. My main fear is that Shoop will halftime adjust their D Schemes to shut us down. Our halftime adjustment against BYU was to stop gaining any yards whatsoever.

So was BYU.
Pruitt needs to kick the FG's when we're close and it's 4th down instead of trying to go for 1st downs. Would have been the deciding factor in the BYU game if he had kicked them. It's ok to try for it midway thru 4th qtr. when trailing by a score or two otherwise take the points. It doesn't do anything for the team's confidence to come away empty plus gives opponent a sense of victory. We have an excellent place-kicker.

We’ve yet to play a full 60mins of good football. 1st half of BYU and UGA, we looked like a competitive that could win some games. Outside of that, not a chance against any team not named UTC.

Maybe this is the weekend they can finish strong. My main fear is that Shoop will halftime adjust their D Schemes to shut us down. Our halftime adjustment against BYU was to stop gaining any yards whatsoever.
Half time adjustments? If we've been making them on paper, they haven't been evident on the field. The half time adjustment I'd like to see out of UT is to play every play, every time, until the end of the 4th quarter-in short-stop quitting early.

OH NO!! I over heard a guy that knows someone in MS, and they [the clever MS fans] are planning a massive caravan to Knoxville- you guessed it, to take over Neyland-and yes they plan on Checkering the Entire Stadium. Quick, buy up as many tickets as possible ( pay a premium price if necessary), but don't let this happen! OOOOOHHHHH NOOOOOOOOO

Reactions: PhilFulmersGut

VN Store

Back