Mississippi State -6.5

State opens as 6.5 point favorites, thoughts?
Would say easy money especially considering almost getting a TD, but don’t like the dynamics of having played such a physical game and didn’t MSU just have a bye week? That may play into it the 2nd half. Still think UT can squeak it out, thought Maurer flashed at times, deep ball was a pretty throw, think he can play well against MSU. They lost their vaulted DL group from last year and giving up 30 ppg this year.
If the guys who were hurt ar ready to play, we win the game.

Sweat, Simmons, Fitzgerald, and Smoot are not making the trip. 38-20 Vols

I hope your right.

However if State can put up over 200 (rushing yards) on Kansas ST and over 240 on Kentucky.......they should run all over a Tennessee team that gave up over 200 to GA ST, over 150 to Chattanooga, and almost 240 to Georgia.

Also Tennessee hasn’t scored more than 30 all season (except for vs an FCS team).....and only Auburn has scored more than 31 on Miss ST.

I think you just “hoping”.......nothing wrong with that (even with missing players).

Reactions: 'Boro-vol
I hope your right.

However if State can put up over 200 (rushing yards) on Kansas ST and over 240 on Kentucky.......they should run all over a Tennessee team that gave up over 200 to GA ST, over 150 to Chattanooga, and almost 240 to Georgia.

Also Tennessee hasn’t scored more than 30 all season (except for vs an FCS team).....and only Auburn has scored more than 31 on Miss ST.

I think you just “hoping”.......nothing wrong with that (even with missing players).

Check his predictions this season. Hoping is right.

Reactions: JoAllan
I'm waiting for more info, as much as I like what I saw with Maurer, he took one hell of a hit, these are the type of hits that can/do cause internal damage, nonetheless, this is going to be an interesting game, I may pass on a wager, if I can't get some real info. FL and GA have been very, very good to me so far- this year. Mississippi isn't a slouch team, and have something to prove, but I'm still looking at Maurer. Good luck.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
If Mauer is healthy and plays the whole game I think we have a good chance of winning. Despite what people on this board may have you believe we are still the more talented team.

I think we lose by two scores, 10 to 14 points likely. I have a fear that I won't speak, if that fear does come true we lose by three scores at least.

Well, if Pruitt loses he likes to do it in style, say 25+.

Come on now, let's be real. Pruitt hates losing, he's got a roster issue and he's a first time head coach learning on the job. All things we were aware of before the season started. Did things starts as badly as they possibly could? Yes they did. Could Pruitt have prevented that? Yes, to some extent he could have but it didn't break that way. He's our guy like it or not, I'll criticize when criticism is due but to say he likes to lose is silly.

Tennessee’s D line = not good
Tennessee’s LB’s = thin
Mississippi States running game = good

Those three = sounds bad

Hoping for improvement though.

'Fraid MSU takes this one by 7 in a low scoring, ugly game. Hope I'm wrong but I only see UAB and VU as potential wins. We're just too thin in linemen to hold up.

Depending on health(especially Maurer's), I think we can win. Almost tempting to make ban bets with some of the more annoying posters. Keep the faith.

VN Store

Back