Miss State Head Coach

If MSST got Waltz, kept their core players (Jackson, Carter, Cooks, Matharu, Mingo Young), kept their recruits (Hayes, Gaston...although I think she's gone) AND picked up a prize or two from Louisville's recruiting class (Van Lith)...well...might as well just hand MSST the SEC title now...maybe the NC too.
That's quite laughable. A couple years ago when Louisville faced SC, SC smoked them by halftime & it wasn't even close. Louisville had a "good" team that year too.

That's quite laughable. A couple years ago when Louisville faced SC, SC smoked them by halftime & it wasn't even close. Louisville had a "good" team that year too.
Louisville had a talented but inexperienced team playing an early season game, and SC had the NPOY. Not much of a surprise there.

MSST played SC close this year in Columbus, and that's with Harris and Herbert Herrigan. SC loses more than MSST does, and MSST gains more than SC does.

Reactions: JustaChicken
Well, there goes another pipe dream of Van With coming to Tenn.

She would have been more likely to follow Walz.

Louisville had a talented but inexperienced team playing an early season game, and SC had the NPOY. Not much of a surprise there.

MSST played SC close this year in Columbus, and that's with Harris and Herbert Herrigan. SC loses more than MSST does, and MSST gains more than SC does.

Jeff couldnā€™t even beat Sue this past season....

Ahh, because she has been such a huge success at LSU, who was a powerhouse before her, at Least Holly went to Elite 8 won an SEC title, and....unlike Nikki, and Kellie...can recruit

Wrong Nikki.

Starkville is a really cool college town

Starkville is generally considered the worst college city in the SEC. You're on a roll today...

Reactions: Bret178
Such a wide experience and money gap between Walz and McCray. Why McCray? Wonder if they gauged interest in another power 5 head coach, just not as expensive as Walz.

She coached with Dawn Staley, including the year they won the championship, so she knows about recruiting and developing elite players. ODU won 8 games her first year, and just two seasons later they're 24-6. Seems like a pretty good hire to me...

This exponentially:

ā€œI was never going anywhere,ā€ Walz said.

So everybody calling for Fulmerā€™s head saying how could MSU get him here when TN couldnā€™t can relax correct?

I would say he is angling for more money but UL cut coaching salaries by 10% so instead of 1.45 mil he will be hurting with 1.3 milšŸ˜‚ he probably worked his contract in his favor

His current contract calls for incentives that would raise his pay to close to $2 million a year, so I think heā€™ll be fine.

So everybody calling for Fulmerā€™s head saying how could MSU get him here when TN couldnā€™t can relax correct?

I would say he is angling for more money but UL cut coaching salaries by 10% so instead of 1.45 mil he will be hurting with 1.3 milšŸ˜‚ he probably worked his contract in his favor

Reactions: VA_VOLFAN
For sure....ā€neverā€ being the operative word here.

He had to grab some mulch while it was $2 a bag, I see. Budget, budget, budget....

If only the Mississippi State AD had not been so 1) cheap; 2) so focused on football; 3) caved into the "blue hairs'" pressure to hire a "woman", he could have hired Jeff Walz, because J.W. is so obviously looking to coach anywhere else but Louisville.

Last edited:
She coached with Dawn Staley, including the year they won the championship, so she knows about recruiting and developing elite players. ODU won 8 games her first year, and just two seasons later they're 24-6. Seems like a pretty good hire to me...

Did not know her full resume. Now we have three former lady Vols as head coaches in the SEC.

Do you all think the transfers from Tennessee are over?

EVPItf4UYAEu8dH
EVPIy7NU4AEKePG
EVPI6urUwAA3kPM
LSU , Tenn , State

VN Store

Back