Miss State Head Coach

What? Their AD said it was down to three candidates if I’m not mistaken... not sure where you come up with the idea of LV taking over again though.

The above twitter user I posted is an inside basketball knowledge person and has pretty reliable sources. I said Ms ST MAY have their coach... this came from the fact that McCray didn’t start following the Ms ST AD until recently on twitter. Doesn’t mean she exactly got the job but since this happened recently it does mean something. Which is where the MAY have their coach came into play.

I came up with the idea of LV taking over again because if she was hired that would make 3 LVs as head coaches in the SEC. my comment didn’t have anything to do with the LV team itself but the LV legacy and having 3 SEC HC at some point would def be a check in that column.

LOL... everything someone posts isn’t about the downfall of Dawn and the SC program (I feel like sometimes you may take comments as an attack and not everyone is meant to be an attack). Sometimes it’s just us being proud of the LV tree and what they accomplish. Remember this is a LV board 😃

If Harris or McCray was the coach they wanted, it would have been done by now... IMO they’ve offered Jeff 2 million and he’s gone back to Louisville for a counter.

Mississippi State women's basketball coaching search down to two candidates

"STARKVILLE -- Mississippi State is nearing the end of its women's basketball coaching search.

A source with immediate knowledge of the situation told The Dispatch Thursday that MSU Athletic Director John Cohen is down to a final two of Louisville's Jeff Walz and Old Dominion's Nikki McCray-Penson.

Johnnie Harris, who served as former coach Vic Schaefer's associate head coach for the entirety of his stay in Starkville, also interviewed for the job earlier this week.

A final decision could be made as early as Thursday as both Walz and McCray-Penson reportedly want the job."

If Harris or McCray was the coach they wanted, it would have been done by now... IMO they’ve offered Jeff 2 million and he’s gone back to Louisville for a counter.

I hear Harris is heading to Texas with Vic. Saw that on a twitter from one of their boards.

I hear Harris is heading to Texas with Vic. Saw that on a twitter from one of their boards.
I wonder if this leads to a mass Exodus? Although if they get Jeff, he was probably in the running for a lot of them and the program wouldnt skip a beat provided the players stay...

I wonder if this leads to a mass Exodus? Although if they get Jeff, he was probably in the running for a lot of them and the program wouldnt skip a beat provided the players stay...

That’s what I said... or would the reason they didn’t go to UL be the reason they left MSU?

What about Louisville players (and incoming recruits such as Van Lith)? Would they stay, follow Walz, or look at other options?

What about Louisville players (and incoming recruits such as Van Lith)? Would they stay, follow Walz, or look at other options?
If MSST got Waltz, kept their core players (Jackson, Carter, Cooks, Matharu, Mingo Young), kept their recruits (Hayes, Gaston...although I think she's gone) AND picked up a prize or two from Louisville's recruiting class (Van Lith)...well...might as well just hand MSST the SEC title now...maybe the NC too.

So, we wouldn’t pay Jeff and Starkville, MS. will? That’s just amazing.

I think Tennesssee is likely a bit cost-averse since it's still on the hook for Butch and Friends, among other expenses. I want to say UT led the nation in buyout payments a few years back? And so long as Jones sits on his fat can and collects 35k a year from Alabama to wash cars, the UTAD has to send him something like 200,000 a month. Well, at least until about the end of 2021. Ridiculous, but, that's Butch for you. But it also represents an ongoing expense. Probably factors into how much they'd want to put on the line for a major change up at the head of the Lady Vol program. A coach making 750k a year is easier to manage, in terms of decision making options, than a coach making 1.75 million (with a larger and more onerous contract, particularly if you're pulling them from something comfortable like Mississippi State or Louisville or any of those big name hires people talk about). At least, that's what I would suspect? I can only speculate.

I think Tennesssee is likely a bit cost-averse since it's still on the hook for Butch and Friends, among other expenses. I want to say UT led the nation in buyout payments a few years back? And so long as Jones sits on his fat can and collects 35k a year from Alabama to wash cars, the UTAD has to send him something like 200,000 a month. Well, at least until about the end of 2021. Ridiculous, but, that's Butch for you. But it also represents an ongoing expense. Probably factors into how much they'd want to put on the line for a major change up at the head of the Lady Vol program. A coach making 750k a year is easier to manage, in terms of decision making options, than a coach making 1.75 million (with a larger and more onerous contract, particularly if you're pulling them from something comfortable like Mississippi State or Louisville or any of those big name hires people talk about). At least, that's what I would suspect? I can only speculate.

I think people forget about the Butch debacle and how much it actually has put the Athletic Department behind. For the life of me I can’t figure out why athletic departments can’t not figure out better ways to structure contracts lol

If MSST got Waltz, kept their core players (Jackson, Carter, Cooks, Matharu, Mingo Young), kept their recruits (Hayes, Gaston...although I think she's gone) AND picked up a prize or two from Louisville's recruiting class (Van Lith)...well...might as well just hand MSST the SEC title now...maybe the NC too.

And 90% of this forum would go on suicide watch...

Reactions: creekdipper
Will the news of impending pay cuts weaken Walz's bargaining position?

And is MS willing to commit to a big salary increase with football season uncertain?

VN Store

Back