Mincey to Kentucky

iu

It’s a generalized linear model with a slope of 1. As your propensity to **** around increases, the amount you find out increases proportionally. Everyone has their own sweet spot here.
In reality the FO output increases exponentially as a function of the FA input.

Reactions: Vol8188 and DC_Vol
Probably closer to reality. Am I the only one bothered by the FO not being on the y axis?
I know one is the ordinate and the other the abscissa. I do agree the y-axis should be for the output variable, not the input. If it was the Hot Crazy Matrix perhaps it would be more obvious to the casual fan.

This. People assume that just because a player has been around for a while and has played a lot that they can be depended on. But Mincey could not block above average SEC DEs. Granted, he was playing hurt… but I think it’s fair to say that we needed an upgrade in order to be serious playoff contenders. We also needed upgrades in the secondary, for that matter. Time will tell if we actually improved at the aforementioned positions, but at least our coaches are swinging hard.
There are reasons he couldn’t cut it at Florida and they surfaced here. And they will at KY as well. Can’t wait till Pierce makes him spin like a top. He gonna hear it when he gets to Knoxville. But in keeping with his history, he’ll probably be hurt by then and won’t be playing.

Reactions: Big Al Orange
Mincey said it was a "business decision," so good for him. Evidently he is getting more money from UK's NIL than ours. He constantly had low PFF grades of back up or worse. He gets more money and we get to upgrade the position. Sounds like a win win situation.

Mincey got it stirred up

He should stop his mincing words. I wish him a healthy season, but I won't forget a really bad decision on his part that kept him from playing in the UF game. Now it's two questionable decisions... UK football? Really?

Hey, my feelings are just a business decision as well.

Reactions: Delmar
I’m also making a business decision to not support his brand. Nothing personal at all just everything considered its not a smart business decision to get behind that.

Kind of a complicated topic on this one. 1)I thought Mincey was a good player when healthy; he had a lot of issues this year 2)getting suspended for a rivalry game with the program you left is just dumb no matter how you spin it; that’s a statement game for the program and for you as a player 3)the guy announced he was back and would be playing for Tennessee then was in the portal immediately when the new rule took effect; if you want to say it’s business and basically apply pro rules to how you treat it expect the fans to treat you the same way they treat professional athletes.

I think most intelligent fans should take the high road with their social media commentary bc it doesn’t help the team or make you look intelligent to drag a current or former player through the mud; recruits and their families see that crap and it hurts way more than it helps.

He should stop his mincing words. I wish him a healthy season, but I won't forget a really bad decision on his part that kept him from playing in the UF game. Now it's two questionable decisions... UK football? Really?

Hey, my feelings are just a business decision as well.
Entirely possible they told him they were going to add other players via the portal. I think he always thought he should play LT though, also thought he would get more interest and more money in the portal. A lot of these kids get a lot of bad advice from handlers, street agents and worst of all family and friends.

Reactions: I4Vols
Mincey said it was a "business decision," so good for him. Evidently he is getting more money from UK's NIL than ours. He constantly had low PFF grades of back up or worse. He gets more money and we get to upgrade the position. Sounds like a win win situation.
No idea what he got out of Kentucky but I can’t believe it was that much of a difference between that money and what Tennessee was paying him. Wouldn’t be surprised if he knew competition was coming. Win win for both side like you said though. Assuming Heard comes he has a much higher ceiling than anyone we have currently.

Kind of a complicated topic on this one. 1)I thought Mincey was a good player when healthy; he had a lot of issues this year 2)getting suspended for a rivalry game with the program you left is just dumb no matter how you spin it; that’s a statement game for the program and for you as a player 3)the guy announced he was back and would be playing for Tennessee then was in the portal immediately when the new rule took effect; if you want to say it’s business and basically apply pro rules to how you treat it expect the fans to treat you the same way they treat professional athletes.

I think most intelligent fans should take the high road with their social media commentary bc it doesn’t help the team or make you look intelligent to drag a current or former player through the mud; recruits and their families see that crap and it hurts way more than it helps.
Great post….completely agree.

Reactions: I4Vols and johntvol

VN Store

Back