Mimi Collins to Maryland

I hate to see Mimi go because I think she could have been a good one. I wish her well, but it is time for us to move on. We have a very talented group of players who have awesome potential. It is time to concentrate on these young ladies. I might be misspelling her name, but Jaden seems to be the real deal. She is mature and plays with an attitude. That recruit might be more valuable than me can imagine.

Not to disparage Collins alone, but it seems a tad presumptuous for any athletes to pose behind trophies for which those athletes had no part in winning.

Heck, any UT athletes could drag out the 8 title trophies and all the host of assorted conference and tourney hardware aquired over the last 40 years if they just wanted to stage an impressive photo.

That might be too harsh since past LV media guides might have those natty trophies displayed on the cover along with the new team. If so, apologies for being unintentionally hypocritical.

Last edited:
Not to disparage Collins alone, but it seems a tad presumptuous for any athletes to pose behind trophies for which those athletes had no part in winning.

Heck, any UT athletes could drag out the 8 title trophies and all the host of assorted conference and tourney hardware aquired over the last 40 years if they just wanted to stage an impressive photo.

That might be too harsh since past LV media guides might have those natty trophies displayed on the cover along with the new team. If so, apologies for being unintentionally hypocritical.

Ur very correct. All I know is that we'll be far better than be4.. We have great players to worry about.

Reactions: feathersax
Good luck to Collins. She's an excellent player and Brenda will likely turn her into a very good forward. Maryland is a weird school....they have so many transfers but the kids who stick it out usually become very good players under Frese.

Reactions: Will83
read Mimi was seeking a waiver to play right away --- Why? On what grounds? Never understood why ND got a waiver for Shephard (sp?), and the NCAA doesn't help us any because they never offer any explanation about what gains a waiver.

Reactions: JohnnyPayne
read Mimi was seeking a waiver to play right away --- Why? On what grounds? Never understood why ND got a waiver for Shephard (sp?), and the NCAA doesn't help us any because they never offer any explanation about what gains a waiver.
Probably because the coach she came to play for was fired? She seemed to be one of the players that was firmly in Holly's pocket.

Sad. Guess she was a Holly fan.
I don't think there was any guessing. She was very vocal in her support of Holly. It's like she had Stockholm Syndrome or something. I fully expected her to leave if Holly was let go. I was surprised she waited as long as she did to enter the transfer portal.

Reactions: olddog

VN Store

Back